It is really important that you set a password to your Wi-fi router that is strong :
- at-least 8 characters long with 1 uppercase character,
- 1 special symbol like # $ % ^ & * ,
- 1 numeric character.
If you set a password that is really weak its vulnerable and can be easily cracked using brute force attack and your personal information can be hacked.
If you do not set any password for your WI-FI then it can be accessed by any once who is in range of your WI-FI signal, your neighbors, or any stranger who finds it. It will not only steal your bandwidth but also my get you in trouble if-then spam mail someone or something else of that kind.
- Step 1. Put On your Router :
- Step 2 : Open Router configuration Page :
- 188.8.131.52 (Linksys, Belkin)
- 192.168.0.1 (D-Link)
- 10.0.1.1 (Apple)
- Go to Command Prompt (Windows + R and type cmd)
- Type : ipconfig
- Now you look for the IP next to Default Gateway
- That is your router address.
- Step 3 : Enter User-ID and Password :
- Step 4 : Go to Wireless Settings :
- Go to Wireless
- Select Wireless Security
- Security Mode : Select WPA2 Only (don't use other options WEP, Auto, WPA etc)
- Now set a Strong Pre-Shared Key this is your Wi-Fi Password.
- Apply Changes.
Check that your Wi-Fi router is ON and all the lights indicators on your router are green/on.
Open your web browser and type the address of the router configuration page in the Address, it an IP address that depends upon which Brand of Router you have,
If you do not remember the IP address you can find it in your Router manual or on the backside of your router. Still can't find it? Follow these steps,
Now you may be prompted to enter a userid/password to get into the Configuration page. For some routers the default user-id, as well as the password, is admin, some routers like Belkin do not have a default user-id/password set.
If you know the user-id or password then its good, else you can locate the reset button (or a hole) and reset your configuration.
⚠️ NOTE: YOU MAY lose YOUR INTERNET SETTINGS!! THIS IS RECOMMENDED ONLY IF YOU REMEMBER YOUR INTERNET CONFIGURATIONS
⚡️ Note: It is highly recommended to set a login password as anyone can access this URL if Wi-fi password is not set.
These steps may vary depending upon what Router Brand you have, if you have a D-Link router then,
You Router may reboot, try connecting you devices with the changed password and your done!!
- WEP : Wired Equivalent Privacy
- WPA : Wi-Fi Protected Access
- How to replace with space
- Create Duplicate Line Visual Studio Code (above or below) Example
- Health Status Page for OpenAI ChatGPT or GPT 4
- How to add password to pdf file for opening, editing, printing, copying
- Turn off Focus Mode on Mac
- How to enter Rockstar Activation Code?
- How to Whitelist IP Address on GoDaddy Hosting?
- [Error] zsh: command not found: mvn
- Accept Only 0-9 Numbers RegEx Example
- Add X days from today in Command Line
- Installing Visual Studio Code on Raspberry Pi
- How to get an embed code from Vimeo?
- [fix] Editor could not be opened unexpected error: File is a directory (VS Code)
- How to remove JetBrains Toolbox from Mac Startup
- Setting up RSS feeds notifications within Outlook
- Understanding grep command and its usage [Unix/Linux/macOS/Windows-Bash]
- SQL: Check if table exists
- How to Search Maven Central Repository
- The default username and password for RabbitMQ
- How to install Postman natively on a Mac
- How to remove password from pdf file
- Fix NVIDIA GeForce Experience ERROR CODE 0x0003
- [Fix] Steam Friends Network Unreachable Error
- How to install node on macOS Ventura/Sonoma
- CentOS Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo base7x86_64 yum
- cURL Option to show HTTP Response Status Code - cURL
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located? - MacOS
- Download Google Chrome setup exe file using PowerShell - Powershell
- How to install pip on macOS using terminal command [Python] - Python
- Blank Operations in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Spring Boot: Transactions Management with JDBCTemplate Example - Java
- How to locate Python Installation on Windows (10/11) - Windows
- Show Notepad++ tabs in multiple lines instead of scroll on tab bar - NotepadPlusPlus
This is a wireless security Algorithm based on 802.11 standards. You should not use WPA as it has been suspend by IEEE in year 2004 as it has some serious weaknesses.
WPA was introduced to overcome the limitations of WEP. It implements the IEEE 802.11i standards. It uses 40-bit or 104-bit encryption key.
It replaced WPA and has a much more strong security measure as compared to WPA. IT is based on AES based encryption.