It is really important that you set a password to your Wi-fi router that is strong :
- at-least 8 characters long with 1 uppercase character,
- 1 special symbol like # $ % ^ & * ,
- 1 numeric character.
If you set a password that is really weak its vulnerable and can be easily cracked using brute force attack and your personal information can be hacked.
If you do not set any password for your WI-FI then it can be accessed by any once who is in range of your WI-FI signal, your neighbors, or any stranger who finds it. It will not only steal your bandwidth but also my get you in trouble if-then spam mail someone or something else of that kind.
- Step 1. Put On your Router :
- Step 2 : Open Router configuration Page :
Check that your Wi-Fi router is ON and all the lights indicators on your router are green/on.
Open your web browser and type the address of the router configuration page in the Address, it an IP address that depends upon which Brand of Router you have,
- 188.8.131.52 (Linksys, Belkin)
- 192.168.0.1 (D-Link)
- 10.0.1.1 (Apple)
If you do not remember the IP address you can find it in your Router manual or on the backside of your router. Still can't find it? Follow these steps,
- Go to Command Prompt (Windows + R and type cmd)
- Type : ipconfig
- Now you look for the IP next to Default Gateway
- That is your router address.
Now you may be prompted to enter a userid/password to get into the Configuration page. For some routers the default user-id, as well as the password, is admin, some routers like Belkin do not have a default user-id/password set.
If you know the user-id or password then its good, else you can locate the reset button (or a hole) and reset your configuration.
⚠️ NOTE: YOU MAY lose YOUR INTERNET SETTINGS!! THIS IS RECOMMENDED ONLY IF YOU REMEMBER YOUR INTERNET CONFIGURATIONS
⚡️ Note: It is highly recommended to set a login password as anyone can access this URL if Wi-fi password is not set.
These steps may vary depending upon what Router Brand you have, if you have a D-Link router then,
- Go to Wireless
- Select Wireless Security
- Security Mode : Select WPA2 Only (don't use other options WEP, Auto, WPA etc)
- Now set a Strong Pre-Shared Key this is your Wi-Fi Password.
- Apply Changes.
You Router may reboot, try connecting you devices with the changed password and your done!!
- WEP : Wired Equivalent Privacy
- WPA : Wi-Fi Protected Access
- Merge multiple zip files without unzipping (extracting)
- BSNL Broadband upgrades speed to minimum 2MBps for all users 512Kbps 1Mbps
- Static IP MTNL available at Rs. 200 per month
- Gmail Unable to upload because it is a folder or a package (like an application bundle or RTFD document)
- How to rerun last command in Zsh shell
- [Error] There was an error connecting to the apple id server
- Command to get count of only directories [macOS/Linux/Unix]
- Turn off Focus Mode on Mac
- Fix NVIDIA GeForce Experience ERROR CODE 0x0003
- How to submit website to dmoz directory
- How to stop or quit cat command?
- How to display only IP address using Terminal command
- Command: How to scp a file to remote server location?
- How to add Widgets to MacBook Desktop
- [IRCTC] Indian railways official eRail API 1.1 for developers to get train info
- [Fix] Steam: Friends Network Unreachable Error
- How to replace &nbsp; with space
- How to change font, apply bold or italic styles, font size in Windows Notepad
- SQL: Check if table exists
- How to identify the version of IntelliJ
- How to fix: Please check your network connection (Retry)
- Top 10 emerging breakthrough trending technologies
- 100+ SEO Tips to improve your website search ranking
- How to enable line numbers in IntelliJ
- How to write hello world different languages syntax
- Indent Python code in Notepad++ - Python
- Find Java JRE Installation location Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- Android : java.lang.IllegalArgumentException File contains a path separator - Android
- Read and Parse XML file using Java DOM Parser [Java Tutorial] - Java
- How to fix java.net.NoRouteToHostException in Android Studio - Android-Studio
- pip get list of all outdated Python packages - Python
- iOS Fix: This app is no longer shared with you. To use it, you must buy it from the App Store. - Apple
- [Gmail] Calling in Hangouts will be turned off soon. - News
This is a wireless security Algorithm based on 802.11 standards. You should not use WPA as it has been suspend by IEEE in year 2004 as it has some serious weaknesses.
WPA was introduced to overcome the limitations of WEP. It implements the IEEE 802.11i standards. It uses 40-bit or 104-bit encryption key.
It replaced WPA and has a much more strong security measure as compared to WPA. IT is based on AES based encryption.