It is really important that you set a password to your Wi-fi router that is strong :
- at-least 8 characters long with 1 uppercase character,
- 1 special symbol like # $ % ^ & * ,
- 1 numeric character.
If you set a password that is really weak its vulnerable and can be easily cracked using brute force attack and your personal information can be hacked.
If you do not set any password for your WI-FI then it can be accessed by any once who is in range of your WI-FI signal, your neighbors, or any stranger who finds it. It will not only steal your bandwidth but also my get you in trouble if-then spam mail someone or something else of that kind.
- Step 1. Put On your Router :
- Step 2 : Open Router configuration Page :
Check that your Wi-Fi router is ON and all the lights indicators on your router are green/on.
Open your web browser and type the address of the router configuration page in the Address, it an IP address that depends upon which Brand of Router you have,
- 188.8.131.52 (Linksys, Belkin)
- 192.168.0.1 (D-Link)
- 10.0.1.1 (Apple)
If you do not remember the IP address you can find it in your Router manual or on the backside of your router. Still can't find it? Follow these steps,
- Go to Command Prompt (Windows + R and type cmd)
- Type : ipconfig
- Now you look for the IP next to Default Gateway
- That is your router address.
Now you may be prompted to enter a userid/password to get into the Configuration page. For some routers the default user-id, as well as the password, is admin, some routers like Belkin do not have a default user-id/password set.
If you know the user-id or password then its good, else you can locate the reset button (or a hole) and reset your configuration.
⚠️ NOTE: YOU MAY lose YOUR INTERNET SETTINGS!! THIS IS RECOMMENDED ONLY IF YOU REMEMBER YOUR INTERNET CONFIGURATIONS
⚡️ Note: It is highly recommended to set a login password as anyone can access this URL if Wi-fi password is not set.
These steps may vary depending upon what Router Brand you have, if you have a D-Link router then,
- Go to Wireless
- Select Wireless Security
- Security Mode : Select WPA2 Only (don't use other options WEP, Auto, WPA etc)
- Now set a Strong Pre-Shared Key this is your Wi-Fi Password.
- Apply Changes.
You Router may reboot, try connecting you devices with the changed password and your done!!
- WEP : Wired Equivalent Privacy
- WPA : Wi-Fi Protected Access
- Add X days from today in Command Line
- Turn off Focus Mode on Mac
- Unzip a Zip file from Terminal Command
- Gmail Unable to upload because it is a folder or a package (like an application bundle or RTFD document)
- MongoDB: Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1:27017 reason: Connection refused
- Clearing the Cache in Firefox Web Browser
- How to get more information about npm using brew command
- [IRCTC] Indian railways official eRail API 1.1 for developers to get train info
- How to rerun last command in Zsh shell
- Command to get count of only directories [macOS/Linux/Unix]
- How to get an embed code from Vimeo?
- CentOS Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo base7x86_64 yum
- How to enable line numbers in IntelliJ
- How to Kill service running on port using terminal command
- How to change font, apply bold or italic styles, font size in Windows Notepad
- SQL: Check if table exists
- [Fix] Steam Friends Network Unreachable Error
- What is an Authorization Code Grant? OAuth 2.0
- How to write hello world different languages syntax
- How to check the version of NodeJS installed
- Understanding grep command and its usage [Unix/Linux/macOS/Windows-Bash]
- [fix] Editor could not be opened unexpected error: File is a directory (VS Code)
- Display (Show) bookmarks bar Safari
- Background task activation is spurious error - Windows 10, Office 2016, Office 365
- How to press shortcut CTRL + ALT + DEL on Windows Remote Desktop
- Change color of macOS terminal prompt - MacOS
- List of Java versions - Java
- [fix] macOS Ventura xcrun: error: invalid active developer path missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun - MacOS
- Error: Safari quit unexpectedly. Problem Report for Safari - MacOS
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.net - SharePoint
- Outlook - The mailbox isn't available. This may have occurred because the license for the mailbox has expired. - Microsoft
- SharePoint Designer Workflow error - Coercion Failed: Input cannot be null for this coercion - SharePoint
- [fix] NullPointerException Cannot Invoke findById because Repository is null - Java Spring - Java
This is a wireless security Algorithm based on 802.11 standards. You should not use WPA as it has been suspend by IEEE in year 2004 as it has some serious weaknesses.
WPA was introduced to overcome the limitations of WEP. It implements the IEEE 802.11i standards. It uses 40-bit or 104-bit encryption key.
It replaced WPA and has a much more strong security measure as compared to WPA. IT is based on AES based encryption.