It is really important that you set a password to your Wi-fi router that is strong :
- at-least 8 characters long with 1 uppercase character,
- 1 special symbol like # $ % ^ & * ,
- 1 numeric character.
If you set a password that is really weak its vulnerable and can be easily cracked using brute force attack and your personal information can be hacked.
If you do not set any password for your WI-FI then it can be accessed by any once who is in range of your WI-FI signal, your neighbors, or any stranger who finds it. It will not only steal your bandwidth but also my get you in trouble if-then spam mail someone or something else of that kind.
- Step 1. Put On your Router :
- Step 2 : Open Router configuration Page :
Check that your Wi-Fi router is ON and all the lights indicators on your router are green/on.
Open your web browser and type the address of the router configuration page in the Address, it an IP address that depends upon which Brand of Router you have,
- 220.127.116.11 (Linksys, Belkin)
- 192.168.0.1 (D-Link)
- 10.0.1.1 (Apple)
If you do not remember the IP address you can find it in your Router manual or on the backside of your router. Still can't find it? Follow these steps,
- Go to Command Prompt (Windows + R and type cmd)
- Type : ipconfig
- Now you look for the IP next to Default Gateway
- That is your router address.
Now you may be prompted to enter a userid/password to get into the Configuration page. For some routers the default user-id, as well as the password, is admin, some routers like Belkin do not have a default user-id/password set.
If you know the user-id or password then its good, else you can locate the reset button (or a hole) and reset your configuration.
⚠️ NOTE: YOU MAY lose YOUR INTERNET SETTINGS!! THIS IS RECOMMENDED ONLY IF YOU REMEMBER YOUR INTERNET CONFIGURATIONS
⚡️ Note: It is highly recommended to set a login password as anyone can access this URL if Wi-fi password is not set.
These steps may vary depending upon what Router Brand you have, if you have a D-Link router then,
- Go to Wireless
- Select Wireless Security
- Security Mode : Select WPA2 Only (don't use other options WEP, Auto, WPA etc)
- Now set a Strong Pre-Shared Key this is your Wi-Fi Password.
- Apply Changes.
You Router may reboot, try connecting you devices with the changed password and your done!!
- WEP : Wired Equivalent Privacy
- WPA : Wi-Fi Protected Access
- Fix NVIDIA GeForce Experience ERROR CODE 0x0003
- How to convert byte array to String [Kotlin]
- Unzip a Zip file from Terminal Command
- How to write hello world different languages syntax
- [Error] zsh: command not found: mvn
- How to know the version of OpenSSL
- [Solution] IDEA IntelliJ System.out.println function shortcut (sysout alternative for eclipse IDE)
- The default username and password for RabbitMQ
- ChatGPT Outage: Hmm...something seems to have gone wrong. Maybe try me again in a little bit.
- How to check the version of NodeJS installed
- Gmail Unable to upload because it is a folder or a package (like an application bundle or RTFD document)
- How to remove password from pdf file
- BSNL Broadband upgrades speed to minimum 2MBps for all users 512Kbps 1Mbps
- MongoDB: Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1:27017 reason: Connection refused
- Turn off Focus Mode on Mac
- Steps to Delete or Deactivate Instagram Account
- [IRCTC] Indian railways official eRail API 1.1 for developers to get train info
- CentOS Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo base7x86_64 yum
- Why I see Download pre-built shared indexes in IntelliJ
- Copy file from a remote server to current local directory system using SCP command
- [Fix] Minecraft Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again
- How to install Zsh shell
- Merge multiple zip files without unzipping (extracting)
- How to find someone on Instagram
- How to get an embed code from Vimeo?
- Whats new in Python 3.10 Pre-release - Python
- Read file from Windows CMD (Command Line) - Windows
- [Fatal Error] XML The markup in the document following the root element must be well-formed. - Java
- How to highlight the current line in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Android is starting optimizing... app 1 of 1 - Android
- Spring Boot JDBCTemplate Upsert Example (batch insert or update if exists) - Java
- How to add Multiple Rulers in Sublime Text - Sublime-Text
- scp: ssh: connect to host xxxx port 22: Connection refused Error - Linux
This is a wireless security Algorithm based on 802.11 standards. You should not use WPA as it has been suspend by IEEE in year 2004 as it has some serious weaknesses.
WPA was introduced to overcome the limitations of WEP. It implements the IEEE 802.11i standards. It uses 40-bit or 104-bit encryption key.
It replaced WPA and has a much more strong security measure as compared to WPA. IT is based on AES based encryption.