It is really important that you set a password to your Wi-fi router that is strong :
- at-least 8 characters long with 1 uppercase character,
- 1 special symbol like # $ % ^ & * ,
- 1 numeric character.
If you set a password that is really weak its vulnerable and can be easily cracked using brute force attack and your personal information can be hacked.
If you do not set any password for your WI-FI then it can be accessed by any once who is in range of your WI-FI signal, your neighbors, or any stranger who finds it. It will not only steal your bandwidth but also my get you in trouble if-then spam mail someone or something else of that kind.
- Step 1. Put On your Router :
- Step 2 : Open Router configuration Page :
Check that your Wi-Fi router is ON and all the lights indicators on your router are green/on.
Open your web browser and type the address of the router configuration page in the Address, it an IP address that depends upon which Brand of Router you have,
- 220.127.116.11 (Linksys, Belkin)
- 192.168.0.1 (D-Link)
- 10.0.1.1 (Apple)
If you do not remember the IP address you can find it in your Router manual or on the backside of your router. Still can't find it? Follow these steps,
- Go to Command Prompt (Windows + R and type cmd)
- Type : ipconfig
- Now you look for the IP next to Default Gateway
- That is your router address.
Now you may be prompted to enter a userid/password to get into the Configuration page. For some routers the default user-id, as well as the password, is admin, some routers like Belkin do not have a default user-id/password set.
If you know the user-id or password then its good, else you can locate the reset button (or a hole) and reset your configuration.
⚠️ NOTE: YOU MAY lose YOUR INTERNET SETTINGS!! THIS IS RECOMMENDED ONLY IF YOU REMEMBER YOUR INTERNET CONFIGURATIONS
⚡️ Note: It is highly recommended to set a login password as anyone can access this URL if Wi-fi password is not set.
These steps may vary depending upon what Router Brand you have, if you have a D-Link router then,
- Go to Wireless
- Select Wireless Security
- Security Mode : Select WPA2 Only (don't use other options WEP, Auto, WPA etc)
- Now set a Strong Pre-Shared Key this is your Wi-Fi Password.
- Apply Changes.
You Router may reboot, try connecting you devices with the changed password and your done!!
- WEP : Wired Equivalent Privacy
- WPA : Wi-Fi Protected Access
- How to create a New Project in Visual Studio Code (VS Code)
- How to Whitelist IP Address on GoDaddy Hosting?
- CentOS Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo base7x86_64 yum
- Fix: This app is no longer shared with you error iPhone or iPad iOS
- How to check the version of NodeJS installed
- [Error] There was an error connecting to the apple id server
- Find Restroom Near Me - Closest Toilet Nearby Using Your Current Location
- How to install xz data compression software using Brew
- Steps to Delete or Deactivate Instagram Account
- How to enable line numbers in IntelliJ
- How to display line numbers in Terminal while displaying content of a file
- Unzip a Zip file from Terminal Command
- Install SonarLint on Visual Studio Code
- How to Scan iPhone for Virus? Is Antivirus it really required?
- 100+ SEO Tips to improve your website search ranking
- [fix] Editor could not be opened unexpected error: File is a directory (VS Code)
- How to Fix Spelling Errors on Microsoft Word for Mac
- How to convert byte array to String [Kotlin]
- [Fix] Error 1020 Cloudflare: Access was denied
- Command: How to scp a file to remote server location?
- What is an Authorization Code Grant? OAuth 2.0
- How to Connect to AWS Windows EC2 UI Instance from M1 Mac (Updated 2022)
- How to replace with space
- VS Code Remove Unused Imports Keyboard Shortcut
- How to rerun last command in Zsh shell
- [fix] Java JDBC SQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown database - Java
- 100+ Hashtags for BST ARMY - BTS
- Android Shared Preferences API tutorial - Android
- How to check about details of Notepad++ text editor - NotepadPlusPlus
- SwissCovid App Launched in Switzerland - News
- Read a file using Java 8 Stream - Java
- error: file not found: HelloWorld.java - Java
- Github: How to Invite Collaborators - Git
This is a wireless security Algorithm based on 802.11 standards. You should not use WPA as it has been suspend by IEEE in year 2004 as it has some serious weaknesses.
WPA was introduced to overcome the limitations of WEP. It implements the IEEE 802.11i standards. It uses 40-bit or 104-bit encryption key.
It replaced WPA and has a much more strong security measure as compared to WPA. IT is based on AES based encryption.