Certain apps may get launched and started when you restart your Mac running macOS, if you do not want one of these apps to load on startup then you can disable them by going into Login Items from Settings application.
Let us take a step-by-step look at how to disable apps on startup,
- Click on the Apple Logo on the Menu bar ,
- Now select System Preferences (Settings if on macOS Ventura or higher)
- Go to General from the sidebar and select Login Items,
- Under Open at Login, select the item you do not want to open at login and click on the - (minus) button.
- That should be it!
Now the App that you removed will not automatically open when you log in to your Mac device.
Note: If you are facing a blank blue screen at startup or other problems, it may be due to a login item. You can troubleshoot by removing such items following the above steps and restarting your Mac to see if it fixes the issue..
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Clear Screen shortcut macOS Terminal
- What is macOS Ventura?
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located?
- AutoSave button not working on Office on Mac (Word, Excel or Powerpoint)
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages
- How to change Ping TTL value on macOS
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac
- How to Copy full Absolute Path of a File on Mac
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- Enable spell check in Sublime Text (macOS)
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to turn off Location Services macOS Ventura 13
- How to Open VS Code on Mac
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to Fix cd: too many arguments Error in Terminal: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to install wget on macOS
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Strikethrough Text in Excel for Mac
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- How to install Yarn on Mac (macOS)
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Schedule Mails in macOS Ventura
- How to extract numbers as list from Python String - Python
- How to See Hidden Folders and Files on macOS - Mac-OS-X
- How to record PowerPoint slide show presentation on Mac - narration, slide timings, ink gestures - Microsoft
- Setting $JAVA_HOME Environment Variable in macOS - MacOS
- Microsoft Teams enable or disable Spell check - Teams
- How to Export a man page using Mac Terminal to a file - MacOS
- How to fix PIP Install error: subprocess-exited-with-error - PIP
- Change the default login shell on macOS Ventura 13.0 - MacOS