Certain apps may get launched and started when you restart your Mac running macOS, if you do not want one of these apps to load on startup then you can disable them by going into Login Items from Settings application.
Let us take a step-by-step look at how to disable apps on startup,
- Click on the Apple Logo on the Menu bar ,
- Now select System Preferences (Settings if on macOS Ventura or higher)
- Go to General from the sidebar and select Login Items,
- Under Open at Login, select the item you do not want to open at login and click on the - (minus) button.
- That should be it!
Now the App that you removed will not automatically open when you log in to your Mac device.
Note: If you are facing a blank blue screen at startup or other problems, it may be due to a login item. You can troubleshoot by removing such items following the above steps and restarting your Mac to see if it fixes the issue..
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Opening mac Terminal
- How to change default macOS Terminal Window size
- How to clear Mac Terminal screen
- Find Hostname of Mac running on macOS Ventura 13
- Installing MongoDB on Linux/Unix/macOS/Ubuntu
- How to switch from bash to zsh shell in macOS Terminal
- Limit scrollback rows in macOS Terminal
- How to Set Background Wallpaper on macOS 13 Ventura
- This operation couldnt be completed. Unable to locate a Java Runtime. [macOS]
- Encode or Decode Base64 String using Mac Terminal Command
- List of All Apple Silicon ARM Based M1/M2 Mac [updated Oct 2022)
- How to remove Siri from Menu Bar [macOS Big Sur]
- Must Know Homebrew Commands for Mac/Linux Users
- Hide Keyboard Text Input Icon on macOS Ventura Menu Bar
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- How to change the default location of Mac Screenshot
- How to set Out Of Office (OOO) on Outlook for Mac
- 30+ Zoom video communications application shortcuts for macOS
- How to install wget on macOS
- Mac turn dark mode on or off using terminal command
- Create Symbolic Link using Terminal Command
- Mac - How to Install VirtualBox
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to install homebrew (brew) on M1 Mac
- How to uninstall Microsoft Outlook on Mac
- Indent/Prettify HTML File in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Fix SharePoint 2019 installation error This product requires Visual C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2017 - SharePoint
- Step-by-Step: Setting up Docker + Ubuntu Linux + Git + GitHub Tutorial - Git
- Fix Error 2711 SQL RBS client - The installer has encountered an unexpected error. The specified Feature name ('Docs') not found in Feature table - SharePoint
- MO229507 UK Europe users cannot access Microsoft 365 - SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, Admin center, Planner, Yammer - Microsoft
- How to Reset Eclipse Theme to Classic - Eclipse
- [Android Studio] Hardcoded string Button, should use @string resource - Android-Studio
- [Java] Bad return type in lambda expression: int cannot be converted to boolean - Java