Modern SharePoint gives you an easy way to change the order of fields on the user forms (NewForm.aspx, EditForm.aspx, DisplayForm.aspx). You can rearrange the columns within seconds.
- Navigate to your SharePoint List.
- Click New to create a new item (you can use any form - New, Edit, Display).
- From the top right corner, click Edit form.
- Click Edit columns. Another pane will open with title "Edit columns in the form".
- From here, you can perform various actions
- Show/Hide column on form - check to show, uncheck to hide (applies to all 3 forms - new, edit, display).
- Reorder columns on form - easily drag and drop to move up/down.
- Move columns up and down one by one without drag drop.
- Edit conditional formula - Decide to show/hide field based on value of another field.
⭐ Reorder SharePoint list columns using traditional classic way
- Navigate to List.
- Click List Settings.
- Click Column ordering.
- Change the 'Position from top' for required Field name(s) and set the sequence.
- Click OK.
You can even change the column sequence from the Content Type using column order. But the Modern way is the easiest and quickest.
Avoid using scripts or changing order using tools like SharePoint Designer.
If you have other complex requirement, go for customization using PowerApps or Spfx.
More Posts related to SharePoint,
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- Create SharePoint Site Collection with new Content database in existing web application
- Fix Error 2711 SQL RBS client - The installer has encountered an unexpected error. The specified Feature name ('Docs') not found in Feature table
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- Recommended size and resolution for SharePoint Online Site logo
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview - new improved Features and Enhancements
- Restore deleted Office 365 SharePoint group site
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and PowerShell Merge-SPlogfile
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint classic site
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- Fix Power BI error Access to the resource is forbidden when connecting SharePoint Online List as data source
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to upload file programmatically to SharePoint Document Library using Server Object Model C# .Net
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- That did'nt work, Issue type User not in directory - SharePoint external access error
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error
- Fix Power BI 404 not found error when connecting SharePoint Online List as Data Source
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- SharePoint error - An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
- SharePoint Designer Workflow error - Coercion Failed: Input cannot be null for this coercion - SharePoint
- How to check uptime of Linux/Unix/macOS system/server using console command? - Linux
- How to change font, apply bold or italic styles, font size in Windows Notepad - HowTos
- Indent XML Formatting In Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- 300+ Eclipse IDE Keyboard Shortcuts for Mac - Eclipse