Modern SharePoint gives you an easy way to change the order of fields on the user forms (NewForm.aspx, EditForm.aspx, DisplayForm.aspx). You can rearrange the columns within seconds.
- Navigate to your SharePoint List.
- Click New to create a new item (you can use any form - New, Edit, Display).
- From the top right corner, click Edit form.
- Click Edit columns. Another pane will open with title "Edit columns in the form".
- From here, you can perform various actions
- Show/Hide column on form - check to show, uncheck to hide (applies to all 3 forms - new, edit, display).
- Reorder columns on form - easily drag and drop to move up/down.
- Move columns up and down one by one without drag drop.
- Edit conditional formula - Decide to show/hide field based on value of another field.
⭐ Reorder SharePoint list columns using traditional classic way
- Navigate to List.
- Click List Settings.
- Click Column ordering.
- Change the 'Position from top' for required Field name(s) and set the sequence.
- Click OK.
You can even change the column sequence from the Content Type using column order. But the Modern way is the easiest and quickest.
Avoid using scripts or changing order using tools like SharePoint Designer.
If you have other complex requirement, go for customization using PowerApps or Spfx.
More Posts related to SharePoint,
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and Merge-SPlogfile
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell, SMTP server
- Sharepoint errors were found when compiling the workflow
- How to update SharePoint List Item programmatically
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error
- Get-ADUser PowerShell - Get AD user details using email address
- Restore deleted Office 365 SharePoint group site
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- How to migrate SharePoint Designer 2010 workflow to Power Automate FLOW (Microsoft Office 365)
- Generate Facebook android SDK keyhash using java code - Android
- Top 10 emerging breakthrough trending technologies - HowTos
- The Android Virtual Device myEmulator is currently running an emulator and cannot be deleted. - Android
- Sharing Multiple Images to Twitter App from your App - Twitter
- Remove Html head and body tags from ckeditor source - Html
- How to remove Floating Action Button Android Studio Blank Activity Template - Android-Studio
- hibernate.cfg.xml Configuration and Mapping xml Example - Java
- [Android Studio] failed to find Build Tools revision 23.0.0 rc1 - Android-Studio
- Android : IOException: Unable to open sync connection! - Android
- How to take a screenshot of android emulator (AVD) screen - Android
- Setup synonyms or alias or thesaurus in SharePoint - SharePoint
- Cannot start Android Studio. No JDK found - Android-Studio
- Android Studio Error: Default Activity not found - Android-Studio
- Change Android Toast Position - Android
- Running Android Lint has encountered a problem NullPointerException Error - Android