Modern SharePoint gives you an easy way to change the order of fields on the user forms (NewForm.aspx, EditForm.aspx, DisplayForm.aspx). You can rearrange the columns within seconds.
- Navigate to your SharePoint List.
- Click New to create a new item (you can use any form - New, Edit, Display).
- From the top right corner, click Edit form.
- Click Edit columns. Another pane will open with title "Edit columns in the form".
- From here, you can perform various actions
- Show/Hide column on form - check to show, uncheck to hide (applies to all 3 forms - new, edit, display).
- Reorder columns on form - easily drag and drop to move up/down.
- Move columns up and down one by one without drag drop.
- Edit conditional formula - Decide to show/hide field based on value of another field.
⭐ Reorder SharePoint list columns using traditional classic way
- Navigate to List.
- Click List Settings.
- Click Column ordering.
- Change the 'Position from top' for required Field name(s) and set the sequence.
- Click OK.
You can even change the column sequence from the Content Type using column order. But the Modern way is the easiest and quickest.
Avoid using scripts or changing order using tools like SharePoint Designer.
If you have other complex requirement, go for customization using PowerApps or Spfx.
More Posts related to SharePoint,
- error CAML Query containing special characters
- [Solved] SharePoint Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion
- Trigger Flow on selected Listitem from SharePoint view - create button with JSON column formatting
- SharePoint Excel error - The workbook cannot be opened because it contains the following features that are not supported by Excel in the browser
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell, SMTP server
- How to show or hide columns in SharePoint Online List Library from
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- How to get SharePoint Online user details from person or group column using REST API
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- How to get the SharePoint Tenant Login URL
- Special character & not working with SharePoint REST API
- How to disable SharePoint subsite creation option for owners
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- Deploy SharePoint wsp solution package using PowerShell
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- SharePoint installation error - Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error This product requires Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5
- How to add animated Gif to SharePoint Online Page
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- How to create SharePoint Document Library
- SharePoint - Use Today's Date Time in list view filter and calculated column
- How to redirect SharePoint Site Collection to different URL
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database
- Ways to Convert Integer or int to Long in Java - Java
- StringJoiner Example with Java Collections - Java
- How to install Python 2.7.xx on macOS 12.3 Monterey or higher - Python
- Drop table using Java JDBC Template - Java
- Iterate over an Array using Java 8 Stream and foreach - Java
- Fahrenheit to Celsius Temperature Convertor: Tool & Formula - Tools
- How to update all installed packages at once in Ubuntu - Ubuntu
- How to install Android Studio Chipmunk and SDK tools on macOS (2021.2) - Android-Studio