This Article demonstrates how you can display the full website address/URL in the Safari web browser.
As a web developer I always prefer to see the complete URL in the address bar of a web browser, it gives one a complete understanding of what the page is about and also to remember the URL to be manually typed later.
One thing you must have noticed in the latest Safari browser for macOS (Big Sur) is that you only see the name of the website eg: code2care.org and not the complete URL or the address of the page that you are currently viewing.
In order to see the complete address you will need to go to the Safari menu Preferences option, then go to the Advanced tab, now you will see the "Smart Search Field" check the checkbox "Show full website address". Now when you will have a look at your address bar (also called Smart Search Filed) you will be able to see the complete website address.
Quick steps to Enable website full address in Safari
- Open Safari web browser,
- Now to to Menubar -> Safari -> Preferences...
- Click on Advanced tab,
- Check "Show full website address" next to "Smart Search Field"
- Close Advanced window.
✌️You can use Keyboard Shortcut: Command + Comma keys to open the Advanced option.
If you want to hide the complete address, you can follow the same steps and just uncheck "Show full website address".
Below are some screenshots that show you examples of how the Safari address bar URL looks when this option is displayed and enabled.
Some reasons why you would like to see a full address:
- You are a software developer and as an advanced user, you would need to look at the complete URL and the query parameters while designing and testing your web application.
- You are a pro user and prefer to navigate to different pages of the website by changing the URL manually especially changing query string (GET) parameters.
- You are that person who prefers to see the full address instead of just the domain name.
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- Shutdown Mac Terminal Command
- How to know the Serial Number of MacBook on macOS Ventura 13.0
- macOS: Remove Desktop or Documents Folder from iCloud Drive Syncing
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to install Zoom Add-in to Outlook (Mac)
- How to turn off Stage Manager - macOS Ventura
- Fix - Xode - Internal logic error: Connection was invalidated
- How to do calculations in Mac Terminal
- How to delete a Page in Microsoft Word File on Mac (macOS)
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- How to Disable Mac Terminal Bell Sound
- Installing MongoDB on Linux/Unix/macOS/Ubuntu
- How to Uninstall Brew on Mac
- Find your macOS version
- Change TextEdit File Encoding
- AppleScript Example with TextEdit
- How to install homebrew (brew) on M1 Mac
- How to Find File and Directory Size in Mac Terminal
- How to open new tab in Sublime Text Editor [macOS]
- How to list all users in Mac Terminal
- Turn off Auto-Capitalization on macOS Ventura 13
- How to check Command Line Tools Version [Updated for Ventura]
- Change Current User Password using Mac Terminal Command
- Reopen previously closed tab in Google Chrome - Chrome
- Java 8 java.util.Function and BiFunction Examples - Java
- Java SE JDBC with Prepared Statement Parameterized Select Example - Java
- How to reset Eclipse IDE Code Font - Eclipse
- Fix error The tool was unable to install the Web Server (IIS) Role during SharePoint 2019 Setup - SharePoint
- How to Exit a Loop in Python Code - Python
- Run IntelliJ Java main method without Gradle build - Gradle