I have been using the LICECap App for recoding screen on Apple's Mac Computers and Laptops for over a decade now! Without any doubt it is the best Application for screen recoding as a gif image, and yes its free!
When I got my M1 MacBook, I started looking for all the necessary applications and I downloaded the LICECap App as well but unfortunately it was broken for the M1 Mac as most of the other applications due to the ARM Chip! But the good news is that Cockos Inc has now released version v1.31 for macOS that has native support for M1 Mac
Download Link: https://www.cockos.com/licecap/
LICEcap v1.31 for macOS (Feb 17 2021) (876kb DMG) macOS: Big Sur support (thanks https://github.com/ganjarpanji) macOS: Apple Silicon (M1) native support macOS: now requires macOS 10.7 or later (10.6 users can use v1.30 for eternity)
The latest version 1.31 adds support to macOS Big Sur and you would require to be on macOS 1.7 (Mac OS X Lion) or higher.
Some features of LICECap Screen Capture App
- LICEcap is released under GPL, a free software, download pkg includes the source. - You can record screen and save them as .gif or .lcf - You can adjust the frame to adjust the screen size/window you want to capture. - One great feature is you can also move the frame while you are recording. - You can Pause and restart recording, with optional inserted text messages. - You can use Keyboard Keys Shift + Space to Pause/Unpause a recording. - You can add a title that is show at the beginning of the Gif. - You can add elapsed time that is shown in the Gif at the bottom right. - You can also record mouse clicks. - You can adjust recording frame rates. - The installation is less than 1 MB!
✌️LICECap is also available for Windows Operating System.
- [macOS] NetBeans IDE cannot be installed. Java (JRE) found on your computer but JDK XX or newer is required.
- Zsh Shell: Custom alias that you may find useful
- How to switch from bash to zsh shell in macOS Terminal
- [Solution] macOS could not be installed on your computer OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- Move from Zsh to Bash shell macOS
- WARNING: Python 2.7 is not recommended [macOS Big Sur]
- This operation couldnt be completed. Unable to locate a Java Runtime. [macOS]
- How to do calculations in Mac Terminal
- Notepad++ Convert text from lower to upper case - NotepadPlusPlus
- Difference between using Scanner Class and String args for user input in Java - Java
- How to Change Eclipse Default Web Browser - Eclipse
- Facebook : Warning: Request without access token missing application ID or client token - Facebook
- How to recover unsaved notepad file Windows 10 - NotepadPlusPlus
- This Toast was not created with Toast.makeText() : Android RuntimeException - Android
- Maven Unsupported major.minor version 51.0 - Java
- Toast not getting displayed Android App - Android
- How to reset eclipse layout - Android
- Upload docx file using PHP script - PHP
- Comprehensive 256 Ascii code table with Html Hex IBM Microsoft Key - Html
- reCAPTCHA Implementation Tutorial - CSS
- import servlet API to eclipse project (javax.servlet cannot be resolved error) - Java
- Android: Unknown error code during application install : - Android
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception - SharePoint