I have been using the LICECap App for recoding screen on Apple's Mac Computers and Laptops for over a decade now! Without any doubt it is the best Application for screen recoding as a gif image, and yes its free!
When I got my M1 MacBook, I started looking for all the necessary applications and I downloaded the LICECap App as well but unfortunately it was broken for the M1 Mac as most of the other applications due to the ARM Chip! But the good news is that Cockos Inc has now released version v1.31 for macOS that has native support for M1 Mac
Download Link: https://www.cockos.com/licecap/
LICEcap v1.31 for macOS (Feb 17 2021) (876kb DMG) macOS: Big Sur support (thanks https://github.com/ganjarpanji) macOS: Apple Silicon (M1) native support macOS: now requires macOS 10.7 or later (10.6 users can use v1.30 for eternity)
The latest version 1.31 adds support to macOS Big Sur and you would require to be on macOS 1.7 (Mac OS X Lion) or higher.
Some features of LICECap Screen Capture App
- LICEcap is released under GPL, a free software, download pkg includes the source. - You can record screen and save them as .gif or .lcf - You can adjust the frame to adjust the screen size/window you want to capture. - One great feature is you can also move the frame while you are recording. - You can Pause and restart recording, with optional inserted text messages. - You can use Keyboard Keys Shift + Space to Pause/Unpause a recording. - You can add a title that is show at the beginning of the Gif. - You can add elapsed time that is shown in the Gif at the bottom right. - You can also record mouse clicks. - You can adjust recording frame rates. - The installation is less than 1 MB!
✌️LICECap is also available for Windows Operating System.
- How to load zsh profile on opening shell terminal
- Set Python 3.8 as a default python version on macOS
- Show CPU and Memory Usage on macOS Menu Bar
- How to save macOS Terminal outputs as text file
- How to install wget on macOS
- Display ls command file sizes in KB (kilobytes) MB (megabytes) or GB (gigabytes) [Linux/macOS]
- How to Change Mouse Wheel Scroll Direction on Mac
- macOS R installation steps
- How to open terminal on Mac to run commands
- How to know your Mac Screen Resolution?
- Safari - Get HTTP Request Response Headers
- Opening mac Terminal
- bash: command not found error [macOS Terminal Linux, Unix or Windows]
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to check RAM details on Mac?
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to remove app from Dock when closed [macOS Big Sur]
- How to add to PATH in macOS Big Sur
- Keyboard Shortcut to delete a file on a Mac [Macbook]
- How to increase macOS Terminal text font size (Big Sur)
- Permanently set $PATH variable in Mac Zsh shell
- Delete a Directory using Mac Terminal Command
- Remove Now Playing icon from macOS Big Sur Menu Bar
- How to find files taking up space on your Mac
- Android Constant and Resource Type Mismatches Lint - Android
- Display Seconds in Digital Clock on Mac Menu Bar [macOS] - MacOS
- Bootstrap Nav Menu Dropdown on hover - Bootstrap
- Struts 2 : There is no Action mapped for namespace [/] and action name [form] associated with context path [/proj] - Java