I have been using the LICECap App for recording screens on Apple's Mac Computers and Laptops for over a decade now! Without any doubt, it is the best Application for screen recording as a gif image, and yes it's free!
When I got my M1 MacBook, I started looking for all the necessary applications and I downloaded the LICECap App as well but unfortunately, it was broken for the M1 Mac as most of the other applications due to the ARM Chip! But the good news is that Cockos Inc has now released version v1.31 for macOS that has native support for M1 Mac
Download Link: https://www.cockos.com/licecap/
LICEcap v1.32 for macOS (Jun 8 2022) (876kb DMG) LICEcap v1.31 for macOS (Feb 17 2021) (876kb DMG) macOS: Big Sur support (thanks https://github.com/ganjarpanji) macOS: Apple Silicon (M1) native support macOS: now requires macOS 10.7 or later (10.6 users can use v1.30 for eternity)
The latest version 1.31 adds support to macOS Big Sur and you would require to be on macOS 1.7 (Mac OS X Lion) or higher.
Some features of LICECap Screen Capture App
- LICEcap is released under GPL, a free software, download pkg includes the source. - You can record screens and save them as .gif or .lcf - You can adjust the frame to adjust the screen size/window you want to capture. - One great feature is you can also move the frame while you are recording. - You can Pause and restart the recording, with optional inserted text messages. - You can use Keyboard Keys Shift + Space to Pause/Unpause a recording. - You can add a title that is shown at the beginning of the Gif. - You can add elapsed time that is shown in the Gif at the bottom right. - You can also record mouse clicks. - You can adjust recording frame rates. - The installation is less than 1 MB!
Github repo: https://github.com/justinfrankel/licecap
✌️LICECap is also available for Windows Operating System.
- Clear Screen shortcut macOS Terminal
- What is macOS Ventura?
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located?
- AutoSave button not working on Office on Mac (Word, Excel or Powerpoint)
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages
- How to change Ping TTL value on macOS
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac
- How to Copy full Absolute Path of a File on Mac
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- Enable spell check in Sublime Text (macOS)
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to turn off Location Services macOS Ventura 13
- How to Open VS Code on Mac
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to Fix cd: too many arguments Error in Terminal: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to install wget on macOS
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Strikethrough Text in Excel for Mac
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- How to install Yarn on Mac (macOS)
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Schedule Mails in macOS Ventura
- 97 Useful Notepad++ Keyboard Shortcuts - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to convert a Postman request to cURL Command - cURL
- Rename a directory using Linux/Unix command - Linux
- Mac: How to quit Jupyter Notebook from Terminal - MacOS
- AppleScript Example with TextEdit - MacOS
- How to Change Android Toast Position? - Android
- Your Android SDK is missing, out of date or corrupted SDK Problem - Android-Studio
- List of 60 useful FTP Client Commands to access server - FTP