This Article demonstrates how you can display the full website address in the Safari web browser.
As a web developer I always prefer to see the complete URL in the address bar of a web browser, it gives one a complete understanding of what the page is about and also to remember the URL to be manually typed later.
One thing you must have noticed in the latest Safari browser for macOS (Big Sur) is that you only see the name of the website eg: code2care.org and not the complete URL or the address of the page that you are currently viewing.
In order to see the complete address you will need to go to the Safari menu Preferences option, then go to the Advanced tab, now you will see the "Smart Search Field" check the checkbox "Show full website address". Now when you will have a look at your address bar (also called Smart Search Filed) you will be able to see the complete website address.
Quick steps to Enable website full address in Safari
- Open Safari web browser,
- Now to to Menubar -> Safari -> Preferences...
- Click on Advanced tab,
- Check "Show full website address" next to "Smart Search Field"
- Close Advanced window.
✌️You can use Keyboard Shortcut: Command + Comma keys to open the Advanced option.
If you want to hide the complete address, you can follow the same steps and just uncheck "Show full website address".
Below are some screenshots that show you examples of how the Safari address bar URL looks when this option is displayed and enabled.
Some reasons why you would like to see a full address:
- You are a software developer and as an advanced user, you would need to look at the complete URL and the query parameters while designing and testing your web application.
- You are a pro user and prefer to navigate to different pages of the website by changes the URL manually especially changing query string (GET) parameters.
- You are that person who prefers to see the full address instead of just the domain name.
- Cut, Copy and Paste keyboard commands on mac
- [macOS] Change homepage Macbook Safari Browser
- This operation couldnt be completed. Unable to locate a Java Runtime. [macOS]
- Permanently set $PATH variable in Mac Zsh shell
- macOS Big Sur compatible Macs List
- How to make EditText text to uppercase or lowercase on macOS
- How to make macOS Terminal window Transparent (or Opaque)
- Shutdown Mac Terminal Command
- Display ls command file sizes in KB (kilobytes) MB (megabytes) or GB (gigabytes) [Linux/macOS]
- Set Python 3.8 as a default python version on macOS
- Android Images with Rounded Corners : ImageView - Android
- Save webpage as pdf in Google Chrome for Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000 - SharePoint
- SharePoint Excel error - The workbook cannot be opened because it contains the following features that are not supported by Excel in the browser - SharePoint
- FileZilla Connection time out Failed to retrieve directory listing - FTP
- Tutorial Java SOAP WebServices JAS-WS with Eclipse J2EE IDE and Tomcat Server Part 1 - Java
- Android RatingBar Example - Android
- How to use Content Assist in Eclipse IDE - Eclipse
- List of Java Keywords - Java
- [Solutions] Android Error in an XML file: aborting build. Eclipse SDK - Android
- How to configure PDF iFilter for SharePoint - SharePoint
- Create simple struts2 project using maven commands - Java
- Change Height of Android ActionBar - Android
- How to enable disable SharePoint Developer Dashboard for tracing troubleshooting - SharePoint
- Eclipse: Updating Maven Project. Unsupported IClasspathEntry kind=4 - Eclipse
Have Questions? Post them here!