This Article demonstrates how you can display full website address in Safari web browser.
As a web developer I always prefer to see the complete url in the address bar of a web browser, it give one a complete understanding of what the page is about and also to remember the url to be manually typed later.
One thing you must have noticed in the latest Safari browser for macOS (Big Sur) is that you only see the name of the website eg: code2care.org and not the complete url or the address of the page that you are currently viewing.
In order to see the complete address you will need to go to Safari menu Preferences option, then go to Advanced tab, now you will see "Smart Search Field" check the checkbox "Show full website address". Now when you will have a look at your address bar (also called as Smart Search Filed) you will be able to see the complete website address.
Quick steps to Enable website full address in Safari
- Open Safari web browser,
- Now to to Menubar -> Safari -> Preferences...
- Click on Advanced tab,
- Check "Show full website address" next to "Smart Search Field"
- Close Advanced window.
✌️You can use Keyboard Shortcut: Command + Comma keys to open the Advanced option.
If you want to hide the complete address, you can follow the same steps and just uncheck "Show full website address".
Below are some screenshots that shows you examples of how the Safari address bar url looks like when this option is displayed and enabled.
Some reasons why you would like to see a full address:
- You are a software developer and as a advanced user you would need to look at the complete url and the query parameters while designing and testing your web application.
- You are a pro user and prefer navigate to different pages of the website by changes the url manually especially changing query string (GET) parameters.
- You are that person who prefer to see the full address instead of just the domain name.
- [macOS] NetBeans IDE cannot be installed. Java (JRE) found on your computer but JDK XX or newer is required.
- Zsh Shell: Custom alias that you may find useful
- How to switch from bash to zsh shell in macOS Terminal
- [Solution] macOS could not be installed on your computer OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- Move from Zsh to Bash shell macOS
- WARNING: Python 2.7 is not recommended [macOS Big Sur]
- This operation couldnt be completed. Unable to locate a Java Runtime. [macOS]
- How to do calculations in Mac Terminal
- Disable jQuery button after being click - jQuery
- Android xml error Attribute is missing the Android namespace prefix [Solution] - Android
- Google Webmaster : An error has occurred. Please try again later - Google
- How to Change Bootstrap Carousel Slide Speed - Bootstrap
- Increase Android Emulator Timeout time - Android
- Create a large dummy file using Mac OS X terminal command - Mac-OS-X
- How to write hello world different languages syntax - HowTos
- Enable Spellcheck in eclipse workspace - Eclipse
- Remove URL Forward Slash Before Single or Double quotes in php.ini - PHP
- Android Studio Error:(19, 0) Gradle DSL method not found: android() - Android-Studio
- How to upload file programmatically to SharePoint Document Library using Server Object Model C# .Net - SharePoint
- Fixed Length Android Edittext - Android
- Obsolete marquee element alternatives html5 - Html
- Update Created By (Author) column of SharePoint document using PowerShell - SharePoint
- The Android Virtual Device is currently running in an emulator and cannot be deleted - Android