This Article demonstrates how you can display the full website address in the Safari web browser.
As a web developer I always prefer to see the complete URL in the address bar of a web browser, it gives one a complete understanding of what the page is about and also to remember the URL to be manually typed later.
One thing you must have noticed in the latest Safari browser for macOS (Big Sur) is that you only see the name of the website eg: code2care.org and not the complete URL or the address of the page that you are currently viewing.
In order to see the complete address you will need to go to the Safari menu Preferences option, then go to the Advanced tab, now you will see the "Smart Search Field" check the checkbox "Show full website address". Now when you will have a look at your address bar (also called Smart Search Filed) you will be able to see the complete website address.
Quick steps to Enable website full address in Safari
- Open Safari web browser,
- Now to to Menubar -> Safari -> Preferences...
- Click on Advanced tab,
- Check "Show full website address" next to "Smart Search Field"
- Close Advanced window.
✌️You can use Keyboard Shortcut: Command + Comma keys to open the Advanced option.
If you want to hide the complete address, you can follow the same steps and just uncheck "Show full website address".
Below are some screenshots that show you examples of how the Safari address bar URL looks when this option is displayed and enabled.
Some reasons why you would like to see a full address:
- You are a software developer and as an advanced user, you would need to look at the complete URL and the query parameters while designing and testing your web application.
- You are a pro user and prefer to navigate to different pages of the website by changes the URL manually especially changing query string (GET) parameters.
- You are that person who prefers to see the full address instead of just the domain name.
- How to connect AirPods to Mac
- Display Safari URL address link on hover
- Mac turn dark mode on or off using terminal command
- Docker Desktop needs privileged access macOS
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- How to start/boot macOS in safe mode - Big Sur 11.0, Catalina 10.15, or Mojave 10.14
- Find Mac version using terminal command
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to change default macOS Terminal Window size
- How to make EditText text to uppercase or lowercase on macOS
- Disable Startup Sound on macOS
- How to switch from bash to zsh shell in macOS Terminal
- How to make macOS Terminal window Transparent (or Opaque)
- Remove Now Playing icon from macOS Big Sur Menu Bar
- Test internet speed using macOS Terminal command
- How to change macOS Safari default language
- Encode or Decode Base64 String using Mac Terminal Command
- Safari - Get HTTP Request Response Headers
- How to open terminal on Mac to run commands
- How to install homebrew (brew) on M1 Mac
- How to display directory tree in Mac Terminal
- How to Change Mouse Wheel Scroll Direction on Mac
- MacoOS - xyz is an app downloaded from the internet. Are you sure you want to open it? Alert
- The default interactive shell is now zsh. [macOS]
- Change Terminal Cursor Type in Mac (MacOS Shell)
- How to create Toast messages in Android? - Android
- [macOS] Change homepage Macbook Safari Browser - MacOS
- How to Adjust macOS System Font Size - MacOS
- Sharepoint Server 2016 installation Prerequisites with download links - SharePoint
- Set width and height for the label in tkinter - Python
- Share Image to WhatsApp with Caption from your Android App - WhatsApp
- Error : Facebook SDK AndroidRuntime?FATAL EXCEPTION: main - Android
- Android Studio emulator/Device logCat logs not displayed - Android-Studio
Have Questions? Post them here!