This Article demonstrates how you can display the full website address in the Safari web browser.
As a web developer I always prefer to see the complete URL in the address bar of a web browser, it gives one a complete understanding of what the page is about and also to remember the URL to be manually typed later.
One thing you must have noticed in the latest Safari browser for macOS (Big Sur) is that you only see the name of the website eg: code2care.org and not the complete URL or the address of the page that you are currently viewing.
In order to see the complete address you will need to go to the Safari menu Preferences option, then go to the Advanced tab, now you will see the "Smart Search Field" check the checkbox "Show full website address". Now when you will have a look at your address bar (also called Smart Search Filed) you will be able to see the complete website address.
Quick steps to Enable website full address in Safari
- Open Safari web browser,
- Now to to Menubar -> Safari -> Preferences...
- Click on Advanced tab,
- Check "Show full website address" next to "Smart Search Field"
- Close Advanced window.
✌️You can use Keyboard Shortcut: Command + Comma keys to open the Advanced option.
If you want to hide the complete address, you can follow the same steps and just uncheck "Show full website address".
Below are some screenshots that show you examples of how the Safari address bar URL looks when this option is displayed and enabled.
Some reasons why you would like to see a full address:
- You are a software developer and as an advanced user, you would need to look at the complete URL and the query parameters while designing and testing your web application.
- You are a pro user and prefer to navigate to different pages of the website by changes the URL manually especially changing query string (GET) parameters.
- You are that person who prefers to see the full address instead of just the domain name.
- Open New Terminal Window Using Keyboard Shortcut macOS
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop
- How to remove app from Dock when closed [macOS Big Sur]
- WARNING: Python 2.7 is not recommended [macOS Big Sur]
- Terminal Command to get the list of available shells in macOS
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- Youtube spacebar not working in search on macOS Safari
- How to refresh Safari on Mac (macOS) using keyboard shortcut
- How to know your Mac Screen Resolution?
- Disable Startup Sound on macOS
- bash: command not found error [macOS Terminal Linux, Unix or Windows]
- Test internet speed using macOS Terminal command
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- Limit scrollback rows in macOS Terminal
- [macOS] Change homepage Macbook Safari Browser
- wget Command on macOS Terminal
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- How to increase macOS Terminal text font size (Big Sur)
- How to check zsh installed version using terminal
- This operation couldnt be completed. Unable to locate a Java Runtime. [macOS]
- ls: .: Operation not permitted - Mac Big Sur Terminal Zsh Error
- How to install maven in macOS using Terminal Command
- How to open new tabs macOS Terminal
- How to uninstall GarageBand from Mac
- How to Restart Mac using Terminal Command
- How to display only IP address using Terminal command - HowTos
- PHP drag and drop file upload tutorial using dropzone.js - PHP
- Spotify is down for iOS and Android globally - error no internet connection available, something went wrong - News
- Calculate Area and Circumference of Circle - C-Program
- Android Studio Change SDK Path - Android
Have Questions? Post them here!