If you have created a AWS EC2 Windows instance using your AWS Console and wondering how to connect to it using your Mac? Here are the steps to quickly connect to it,
- Step 1: You will first need to download Microsoft Remote Desktop Application from Mac App Store
Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac lets you access to a remote PC or Virtual Machine Desktop (like AWS EC2), you can securely connect to all kind of Windows OS - Windows Professional or Enterprise and Windows Server.
- Step 2: On your AWS Console, go to your Windows instance page and make sure it is launched - now click on Connect button.
- Step 3: Now click on the RDP Client Tab, copy the Public DNS you will need this to connect to your instance. Now click on the Password button.
Browse your .pem file associated with the instance and decrypt the password.Copy the decrypted plain text password.
- Step 4: Now launch the download - Windows Remote Desktop (RDP) Application and click on Add PC
Under PC name add the Public DNS that we just copied at Step 3, you can add a friendly name as well - MyAWSWindowsInstance is what I have added in my case. Click on Add.
Now, enter your user User name as "Administrator" and password that we copied using .pem file in Step 3.
You are connecting to the RDP host "ec2-xx-xxx-xxx-xx.us- east-2.compute.amazonaws.com". The certificate couldn't be verified back to a root certificate. Your connection may not be secure. Do you want to continue?
You will see a message as above, click on continue.
That's it! The next you will loggned into your Windows Desktop, on the top right you should see details of your Device.
Hostname: EC2AMAZ-LXXXXX Instance ID: i-010XXXXXXXXXXX Public IP Address: xx-xxx-xxx-xx Private IP Address: 172.31.16. 27 Instance Size: t2.micro Availability Zone: us-east-2b Architecture: AMD64 Total Memory: 1024 MB Network Performance: Low to Moderate
- Merge multiple zip files without unzipping (extracting)
- BSNL Broadband upgrades speed to minimum 2MBps for all users 512Kbps 1Mbps
- Static IP MTNL available at Rs. 200 per month
- Gmail Unable to upload because it is a folder or a package (like an application bundle or RTFD document)
- How to rerun last command in Zsh shell
- [Error] There was an error connecting to the apple id server
- Command to get count of only directories [macOS/Linux/Unix]
- Turn off Focus Mode on Mac
- Fix NVIDIA GeForce Experience ERROR CODE 0x0003
- How to submit website to dmoz directory
- How to stop or quit cat command?
- How to display only IP address using Terminal command
- Command: How to scp a file to remote server location?
- How to add Widgets to MacBook Desktop
- [IRCTC] Indian railways official eRail API 1.1 for developers to get train info
- [Fix] Steam: Friends Network Unreachable Error
- How to replace &nbsp; with space
- How to change font, apply bold or italic styles, font size in Windows Notepad
- SQL: Check if table exists
- How to identify the version of IntelliJ
- How to fix: Please check your network connection (Retry)
- Top 10 emerging breakthrough trending technologies
- 100+ SEO Tips to improve your website search ranking
- How to enable line numbers in IntelliJ
- How to write hello world different languages syntax
- How to mute or disable Twitter Fleet in feeds - Twitter
- Facebook | Error : Sorry, something went wrong We're working on it and we'll get it fixed as soon as we can - Facebook
- How to change default browser on Mac Monterey - MacOS
- Internet Explorer browser auto redirect to Microsoft Edge for compatibility with modern web sites - Microsoft
- Android Studio NoClassDefFoundError: java.awt.Toolkit - Android-Studio
- [Mac] To open Eclipse you need to install the legacy java se 6 runtime - Mac-OS-X
- Merge multiple zip files without unzipping (extracting) - HowTos
- How to clear cache and browsing history in Google Chrome? - Chrome