If you have created an AWS EC2 Windows instance using your AWS Console and wondering how to connect to it using your Mac? Here are the steps to quickly connect to it using Microsft Remote Desktop App (RDP Client),
- Step 1: You will first need to download Microsoft Remote Desktop Application from Mac App Store
Microsoft Remote Desktop for Mac lets you access a remote PC or Virtual Machine Desktop (like AWS EC2), you can securely connect to all kinds of Windows OS - Windows Professional or Enterprise and Windows Server.
- Step 2: On your AWS Console, go to your Windows instance page and make sure it is launched - now click on Connect button.
- Step 3: Now click on the RDP Client Tab, and copy the Public DNS you will need this to connect to your instance. Now click on the Password button.
Browse your .pem file associated with the instance and decrypt the password.Copy the decrypted plain text password.
- Step 4: Now launch the download - Windows Remote Desktop (RDP) Application and click on Add PC
Under PC name add the Public DNS that we just copied at Step 3, you can add a friendly name as well - MyAWSWindowsInstance is what I have added in my case. Click on Add.
Now, enter your user User name as "Administrator" and the password that we copied using the .pem file in Step 3.
You are connecting to the RDP host "ec2-xx-xxx-xxx-xx.us- east-2.compute.amazonaws.com". The certificate couldn't be verified back to a root certificate. Your connection may not be secure. Do you want to continue?
You will see a message as above, click on continue.
That's it! Next you will logged into your Windows Desktop, on the top right you should see details of your Device.
Hostname: EC2AMAZ-LXXXXX Instance ID: i-010XXXXXXXXXXX Public IP Address: xx-xxx-xxx-xx Private IP Address: 172.31.16. 27 Instance Size: t2.micro Availability Zone: us-east-2b Architecture: AMD64 Total Memory: 1024 MB Network Performance: Low to Moderate
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Fix NVIDIA GeForce Experience ERROR CODE 0x0003
- How to convert byte array to String [Kotlin]
- Unzip a Zip file from Terminal Command
- How to write hello world different languages syntax
- [Error] zsh: command not found: mvn
- How to know the version of OpenSSL
- [Solution] IDEA IntelliJ System.out.println function shortcut (sysout alternative for eclipse IDE)
- The default username and password for RabbitMQ
- ChatGPT Outage: Hmm...something seems to have gone wrong. Maybe try me again in a little bit.
- How to check the version of NodeJS installed
- Gmail Unable to upload because it is a folder or a package (like an application bundle or RTFD document)
- How to remove password from pdf file
- BSNL Broadband upgrades speed to minimum 2MBps for all users 512Kbps 1Mbps
- MongoDB: Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1:27017 reason: Connection refused
- Turn off Focus Mode on Mac
- Steps to Delete or Deactivate Instagram Account
- [IRCTC] Indian railways official eRail API 1.1 for developers to get train info
- CentOS Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo base7x86_64 yum
- Why I see Download pre-built shared indexes in IntelliJ
- Copy file from a remote server to current local directory system using SCP command
- [Fix] Minecraft Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again
- How to install Zsh shell
- Merge multiple zip files without unzipping (extracting)
- How to find someone on Instagram
- How to get an embed code from Vimeo?
- How to open TextEdit from Mac Terminal - MacOS
- How to Install Microsoft Teams App on M1 or M2 Mac - Teams
- Open New Terminal Window Using Keyboard Shortcut macOS - MacOS
- Steps to Delete or Deactivate Instagram Account - HowTos
- Error 50057 - User account is disabled. The account has been disabled by an administrator [Microsoft - Teams - Azure] - Microsoft
- Ezoic: My Honest Review after 100 Days of Use - Maximizing Revenue with a Personal Touch - 2022
- java: ']' expected error [fixed] - Java
- MySQL 1005 Error : SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_CANT_CREATE_TABLE) Message: Can't create table '%s' (errno: 150) - MySQL