% adb devices zsh: command not found: adb
If you are trying to run a adb command on the Mac Terminal and you get the error "zsh command not found adb" then the most common issue reasons for this is as follows.
Reasons for the error
- You are not running the adb command-line tool from the directory its located in.
- The adb path is not set in the .zshrc profile file.
Make sure you are inside the location where adb tool is located.Example:
% cd ~/Library/Android/sdk/platform-tools % ./adb version Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.41 Version 34.0.4-10411341 Installed as /Users/c2ctechtv/Library/Android/sdk/platform-tools/adb Running on Darwin 23.0.0 (arm64)
Its better to add this path to the .zshrc file.
- Open .zshrc file.
- Add the below line to the zshrc file.
- Control + X and Y followed by Enter to save changes to the file (if using Nano)
- Run source ~/.zshrc to apply changes
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- Shutdown Mac Terminal Command
- How to know the Serial Number of MacBook on macOS Ventura 13.0
- macOS: Remove Desktop or Documents Folder from iCloud Drive Syncing
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to install Zoom Add-in to Outlook (Mac)
- How to turn off Stage Manager - macOS Ventura
- Fix - Xode - Internal logic error: Connection was invalidated
- How to do calculations in Mac Terminal
- How to delete a Page in Microsoft Word File on Mac (macOS)
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- How to Disable Mac Terminal Bell Sound
- Installing MongoDB on Linux/Unix/macOS/Ubuntu
- How to Uninstall Brew on Mac
- Find your macOS version
- Change TextEdit File Encoding
- AppleScript Example with TextEdit
- How to install homebrew (brew) on M1 Mac
- How to Find File and Directory Size in Mac Terminal
- How to open new tab in Sublime Text Editor [macOS]
- How to list all users in Mac Terminal
- Turn off Auto-Capitalization on macOS Ventura 13
- How to check Command Line Tools Version [Updated for Ventura]
- Change Current User Password using Mac Terminal Command
- Find and Replace Multiple different words with the same word in a text file - NotepadPlusPlus
- [Fix] Spring Boot: java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown database - Java
- How to connect to SSH port other than default 22 - Linux
- 25 Notepad++ Command Argument List - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to Clear All Cells Output in Jupyter Notebook - Python
- How to Set Up Dual Monitors on a Windows 11 PC - Windows-11
- [Notepad++] Remove CR Carriage Return and LF Line feed (CRLF) - NotepadPlusPlus
- Trace using cURL Command Example - cURL