If you want to Restart your Mac (macOS) device using the Terminal command then you can make use of the shutdown command.In order to restart Mac using Terminal command:
- Open Terminal Application, either using spotlight search by pressing Command + Space and typing Terminal,
- Now type the command:
sudo shutdown -r now
- The above command will ask you to enter password for the current user logged in.
- Once you enter the password your Mac will get rebooted.
Note: If you want to shut down your Macbook instead of restarting you can use the command sudo shutdown -h now
Have Questions? Post them here!
More Posts related to MacOS,
- How to load zsh profile on opening shell terminal
- Set Python 3.8 as a default python version on macOS
- Show CPU and Memory Usage on macOS Menu Bar
- How to save macOS Terminal outputs as text file
- How to install wget on macOS
- Display ls command file sizes in KB (kilobytes) MB (megabytes) or GB (gigabytes) [Linux/macOS]
- How to Change Mouse Wheel Scroll Direction on Mac
- macOS R installation steps
- How to open terminal on Mac to run commands
- How to know your Mac Screen Resolution?
- Safari - Get HTTP Request Response Headers
- Opening mac Terminal
- bash: command not found error [macOS Terminal Linux, Unix or Windows]
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to check RAM details on Mac?
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to remove app from Dock when closed [macOS Big Sur]
- How to add to PATH in macOS Big Sur
- Keyboard Shortcut to delete a file on a Mac [Macbook]
- How to increase macOS Terminal text font size (Big Sur)
- Permanently set $PATH variable in Mac Zsh shell
- Delete a Directory using Mac Terminal Command
- Remove Now Playing icon from macOS Big Sur Menu Bar
- How to find files taking up space on your Mac
- Copy entire directory using Terminal Command [Linux, Mac, Bash] - Linux
- macOS R installation steps - MacOS
- Change Google Chrome Browsers default download location - Chrome
- How to get more information about npm using brew command - HowTos
- Graph API error when querying BookingBusinesses - ErrorExceededFindCountLimit, The GetBookingMailboxes request returned too many results - Microsoft