You may want to create a new SharePoint Site Collection with a dedicated content database. It's a good idea to isolate the Site Collection in a separate database so it's easier to maintain and easier to recover in case of outages or corruptions.
There are 2 ways of doing this
IMPORTANT - Set and restrict all existing Content databases to maximum site limit, so no new site can be added there.
- Set Maximum Number of Site Collections = Current Number of Site Collections
- Set Site Collection Level Warning to 1
- Navigate to Central Administration (ensure you have necessary permissions).
- Click Appliction Management.
- Click Manage Content Database.
- Select the Web Application where you want to create new Site Collection with its own database.
- Click Add a Content Database.
- Provide a good name for the database so you can easily identify the related DB and Site coll.
- Create new Site Collection from Central Admin --> Application Management --> Create new Site Collection.
- The new Site Collection will automatically be created in the new Content Database.
- Start PowerShell as "Run as administrator".
- Ensure you load necessary libraries.
- Create new Content Database
- Create new Site Collection using the content database just created
New-SPContentDatabase -Name [Database Name] -DatabaseServer [Database Server] -WebApplication [WebApp URL]
New-SPSite -Url [Site Coll URL] -OwnerAlias [domain\user] -SecondaryOwnerAlias [domain\user] -ContentDatabase [Database Name] –Template [Template]
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- Create SharePoint Site Collection with new Content database in existing web application
- Fix Error 2711 SQL RBS client - The installer has encountered an unexpected error. The specified Feature name ('Docs') not found in Feature table
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- Recommended size and resolution for SharePoint Online Site logo
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview - new improved Features and Enhancements
- Restore deleted Office 365 SharePoint group site
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and PowerShell Merge-SPlogfile
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint classic site
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- Fix Power BI error Access to the resource is forbidden when connecting SharePoint Online List as data source
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to upload file programmatically to SharePoint Document Library using Server Object Model C# .Net
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- That did'nt work, Issue type User not in directory - SharePoint external access error
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error
- Fix Power BI 404 not found error when connecting SharePoint Online List as Data Source
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- SharePoint error - An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
- How to install Packages in Sublime Text Editor - Sublime-Text
- ls command: sort files by name alphabetically A-Z or Z-A [Linux/Unix/macOS/Bash] - Linux
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config - SharePoint
- Android Launch! The connection to adb is down, and a severe error has occured - Android