You may want to create a new SharePoint Site Collection with a dedicated content database. It's a good idea to isolate the Site Collection in a separate database so it's easier to maintain and easier to recover in case of outages or corruptions.
There are 2 ways of doing this
IMPORTANT - Set and restrict all existing Content databases to maximum site limit, so no new site can be added there.
- Set Maximum Number of Site Collections = Current Number of Site Collections
- Set Site Collection Level Warning to 1
- Navigate to Central Administration (ensure you have necessary permissions).
- Click Appliction Management.
- Click Manage Content Database.
- Select the Web Application where you want to create new Site Collection with its own database.
- Click Add a Content Database.
- Provide a good name for the database so you can easily identify the related DB and Site coll.
- Create new Site Collection from Central Admin --> Application Management --> Create new Site Collection.
- The new Site Collection will automatically be created in the new Content Database.
- Start PowerShell as "Run as administrator".
- Ensure you load necessary libraries.
- Create new Content Database
- Create new Site Collection using the content database just created
New-SPContentDatabase -Name [Database Name] -DatabaseServer [Database Server] -WebApplication [WebApp URL]
New-SPSite -Url [Site Coll URL] -OwnerAlias [domain\user] -SecondaryOwnerAlias [domain\user] -ContentDatabase [Database Name] –Template [Template]
- PowerShell - How to use Try Catch Finally blocks for error exception handling (Windows/SharePoint)
- SharePoint List excel import - This table exceeds the maximum number of supported rows
- Update SharePoint Online List Item using REST API, HTML, Spfx, Postman
- Fix SharePoint Error - The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- Move Copy Migrate SharePoint OneDrive files folders to different site collection location
- Create SharePoint list from Excel spreadsheet and import table
- Send Email using SharePoint PowerShell command, SMTP server
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- The service instance
- How to get the SharePoint Tenant Login URL
- New-SPLogFile PowerShell - create new SharePoint log file
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- SharePoint Server 2016 Preview installation error - This Product Key isn't a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Product Key. Check that you've entered it correctly.
- How to change order of fields on new item form for SharePoint Online list
- Update Created By (Author) column of SharePoint document using PowerShell
- How to delete SharePoint Online List Item using REST API
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- Create SharePoint Site Collection using PowerShell New-SPSite
- How to customize SharePoint Modern list form using JSON formatting
- How to get SharePoint Online user details from person or group column using REST API
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.net
- How to Get or Set SharePoint Document ID _dlc_DocId using PowerShell
- 25 Notepad++ Command Argument List - NotepadPlusPlus
- Calculate Volume of Cube - C-Program
- How to make a div tag clickable - Html
- Gmail Error Bad Request Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request - Google
- 30+ Zoom video communications application shortcuts for macOS - MacOS
- How to reset eclipse layout - Android
- How to upgrade Docker Desktop on Mac - MacOS
- Uber and UberEats App down - issues with network, login, navigation, fare price, orders - News