If you got this error message when trying to run eclipse.exe on Windows Operating system, then its probably because Eclipse bundle that you downloaded was not correctly unzipped.
How to resolve this issue
- Delete the Eclipse folder where the setup was extracted.
- Now extract it again with a well known unzip tool (have a look at the extension of the compressed file zip,rar, tar or 7-zip and use a extract tool that supports it).
- Now try running eclipse.exe and you must be able to launch it .
If it does not work
- Try running eclipse.exe with administration rights (right click -> Run as Administrator) .
- Make sure that the zipped setup is not corrupted. If it is , download it again for the eclipse website.
- Check JAVA version that is being installed and if it is installed correctly.
More Posts related to Eclipse,
- 300+ Eclipse IDE Keyboard Shortcuts for Mac
- How to Word wrap eclipse console logs width
- [Eclipse] Enable or Disable print margin line
- Syntax error, parameterized types are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater [Java]
- How to Change Eclipse Default Web Browser
- How to run a Maven jar project from eclipse without tomcat
- [Fix] Spring Tool Suite STS Code Autocomplete not working with Eclipse
- eclipse maven m2e : Cannot complete the install
- Installing JD Decompiler plugin in Eclipse IDE
- How to enable line numbers in Eclipse IDE
- Eclipse Error : The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library.
- Install Eclipse IDE on M1 Mac Natively
- How to remove unwanted Java imports in IntelliJ (alternative of eclipse Ctrl + Shift + O)
- Word-wrap Eclipse Console logs
- Eclipse Error The JVM Shared Library JavaVirtualMachines does not contain the JNI_CreateJavaVM symbol
- How to switch Eclipse IDE Workspace
- How to Reset Eclipse Theme to Classic
- [Eclipse] Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater
- Java was started but returned exit code=13 [Eclipse]
- How to use Content Assist in Eclipse IDE
- Java Decompiler Eclipse Plugin
- Search text in Eclipse Console logs
- How to Save Eclipse console logs in external log file
- Eclipse version 32-bit or 64-bit check on macOS
- How to display Line Number in Eclipse IDE
- XmlRpcException ConnectException connection refused error - Java
- Free and easy audio video screen recording using Microsoft PowerPoint - Microsoft
- Android appcompat_v7 Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name - Android
- Todays Apple Spring Loaded Event Live Updates - Apple
- [Fix] Java Exception with Lambda - Cannot invoke because object is null - Java
- How to Change Text Size for Android ActionBar - Android
- Android Toolbar example with appcompat_v7 21 - Android