If you got this error message when trying to run eclipse.exe on Windows Operating system, then its probably because Eclipse bundle that you downloaded was not correctly unzipped.
How to resolve this issue
- Delete the Eclipse folder where the setup was extracted.
- Now extract it again with a well known unzip tool (have a look at the extension of the compressed file zip,rar, tar or 7-zip and use a extract tool that supports it).
- Now try running eclipse.exe and you must be able to launch it .
If it does not work
- Try running eclipse.exe with administration rights (right click -> Run as Administrator) .
- Make sure that the zipped setup is not corrupted. If it is , download it again for the eclipse website.
- Check JAVA version that is being installed and if it is installed correctly.
More Posts related to Eclipse,
- How to Word wrap eclipse console logs width
- Eclipse : This version of the rendering library is more recent than your version of ADT plug-in. Please update ADT plug-in
- Add imports in eclipse shortcut key combinations
- How to check installed Eclipse version 32-bit or 64-bit
- INVALID FILE NAME: MUST CONTAIN ONLY [a-z0-9_.] Android Eclipse Error
- [Eclipse] Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater
- List of Eclipse IDE Versions and future releases : Mars and Neon
- How to Change Eclipse Default Web Browser
- Enable Spellcheck in eclipse workspace
- eclipse maven m2e : Cannot complete the install
- Eclipse : Workspace was written with an older version of the product and will be updated
- How to use Content Assist in Eclipse IDE
- Failed to load the JNI shared library jvm.dll
- Eclipse Error : The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library.
- How to enable line numbers in Eclipse
- Eclipse: Updating Maven Project. Unsupported IClasspathEntry kind=4
- List of Code Snippets/Templates to Eclipse IDE
- How to Save Eclipse console logs in external log file
- How to know if someone has read your WhatsApp message - WhatsApp
- Android Studio NoClassDefFoundError: java.awt.Toolkit - Android-Studio
- WhatsApp launches WhatsApp Web to Access Messages over web browser - WhatsApp
- What is Android Toast.LENGTH_SHORT and Toast. LENGTH_LONG durations - Android
- Check Wifi Connection static Android Programming - Android
- Android Constant and Resource Type Mismatches Lint - Android
- How to Word wrap eclipse console logs width - Eclipse
- How to hide Navigation bar from Android Screen Activity - Android
- Share image and text Twitter using your Android Application Programatically - Twitter
- WhatsApp Web escanner - WhatsApp
- Programmatically check if Facebook is installed on Android device - Android
- Install Apache Tomcat ver 8 on Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10 - Mac-OS-X
- Disable Control Scroll Zoom-in and Zoom-out in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Can we move apps like WhatsApp, Facebook to external MicroSD card - WhatsApp
- Java: Check Internet connection on Android Device (Wifi or Mobile) - Android