If you got this error message when trying to run eclipse.exe on Windows Operating system, then its probably because Eclipse bundle that you downloaded was not correctly unzipped.
How to resolve this issue
- Delete the Eclipse folder where the setup was extracted.
- Now extract it again with a well known unzip tool (have a look at the extension of the compressed file zip,rar, tar or 7-zip and use a extract tool that supports it).
- Now try running eclipse.exe and you must be able to launch it .
If it does not work
- Try running eclipse.exe with administration rights (right click -> Run as Administrator) .
- Make sure that the zipped setup is not corrupted. If it is , download it again for the eclipse website.
- Check JAVA version that is being installed and if it is installed correctly.
More Posts related to Eclipse,
- Enable Spellcheck in eclipse workspace
- List of Eclipse versions and future releases (2020-09)
- INVALID FILE NAME: MUST CONTAIN ONLY [a-z0-9_.] Android Eclipse Error
- How to enable line numbers in Eclipse IDE
- How to Save Eclipse console logs in external log file
- How to Change Eclipse Default Web Browser
- Enable Eclipse dark mode
- Add imports in eclipse shortcut key combinations
- Eclipse version 32-bit or 64-bit check
- [Eclipse] Enable or Disable print margin line
- Eclipse Error : The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library.
- Eclipse: Updating Maven Project. Unsupported IClasspathEntry kind=4
- eclipse maven m2e : Cannot complete the install
- Eclipse : This version of the rendering library is more recent than your version of ADT plug-in. Please update ADT plug-in
- Failed to load the JNI shared library jvm.dll
- [Eclipse] Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater
- How to use Content Assist in Eclipse IDE
- How to Word wrap eclipse console logs width
- Eclipse : Workspace was written with an older version of the product and will be updated
- List of Code Snippets/Templates to Eclipse IDE
- Android : java.lang.IllegalArgumentException File contains a path separator - Android
- Calculate Volume of Cylinder - C-Program
- How to add hint text in bootstrap input text field and text area - Bootstrap
- Android Studio emulator/Device logCat logs not displayed - Android-Studio
- Copy file from one directory to other in Php - PHP
- Calculate Volume of Ellipsoid - C-Program
- AVD Pixel_2_API_15 is already running. [Android Studio] - Android-Studio
- SharePoint 2010 August 2015 Update KB3055049 - Duplicate Document ID issue bug fixed - SharePoint
- Get Browser Screen Width and Height dynamically using jquery - jQuery
- Multiple line editing in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error - SharePoint
- SharePoint Server 2016 Preview installation error - This Product Key isn't a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Product Key. Check that you've entered it correctly. - SharePoint
- How to kill tomcat server process using Mac Terminal Command - Tomcat
- Detect Data roaming in Android Application - Android