If you got this error message when trying to run eclipse.exe on Windows Operating system, then its probably because Eclipse bundle that you downloaded was not correctly unzipped.
How to resolve this issue
- Delete the Eclipse folder where the setup was extracted.
- Now extract it again with a well known unzip tool (have a look at the extension of the compressed file zip,rar, tar or 7-zip and use a extract tool that supports it).
- Now try running eclipse.exe and you must be able to launch it .
If it does not work
- Try running eclipse.exe with administration rights (right click -> Run as Administrator) .
- Make sure that the zipped setup is not corrupted. If it is , download it again for the eclipse website.
- Check JAVA version that is being installed and if it is installed correctly.
More Posts related to Eclipse,
- List of Code Snippets/Templates to Eclipse IDE
- Eclipse : This version of the rendering library is more recent than your version of ADT plug-in. Please update ADT plug-in
- Word-wrap Eclipse Console logs
- Eclipse Error : The Eclipse executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library.
- How to switch Eclipse IDE Workspace
- How to Save Eclipse console logs in external log file
- List of Eclipse versions and future releases (2020-09)
- How to Word wrap eclipse console logs width
- Eclipse : Workspace was written with an older version of the product and will be updated
- Search text in Eclipse Console logs
- Android : Connection with adb was interrupted 0 attempts have been made to reconnect - Android
- INVALID FILE NAME: MUST CONTAIN ONLY [a-z0-9_.] Android Eclipse Error - Eclipse
- Failed to find provider info for com.facebook.katana.provider.PlatformProvider - Android
- Align html element at the center of page vertically and horizontally - Html
- Android Disable EditText from Auto Focus on Activity load - Android
- How to Convert CSV file to SQL Script using Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to create StackOverflow error in java - Java
- Location of eclipse.ini file on Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- List of jar files for Jax-ws (SOAP) based Java Web Services - Java
- JSON Schema Validator Libraries: JSON Tutorial - Json-Tutorial
- List of Java versions - Java
- Static IP MTNL available at Rs. 200 per month - HowTos
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview - new improved Features and Enhancements - SharePoint
- How to export bookmarks from Google Chrome Browser - Chrome
- Fetch as Google Crawl Error or Redirected Status - Google