If you have got a new Mac (Macbook) device or updated to macOS Sonoma 14 and wondering which version of Python is shipped with it, you can simply run the python3 version command.
% python3 --version Python 3.9.6
As you can see, Python 3.9.6 is the version with macOS Sonona.
Note: If you are on the Beta version of Sonoma, you will see that the above command may see a warning "xcode-select: note: No developer tools were found, requesting install." So you may need to download Command Line Tools first.
% python --version zsh: command not found: python
Note: Unlike previous versions of macOS, Python 2.x version is not pre-installed on Sonoma.
This is not an AI-generated article but is demonstrated by a human on an M1 Mac running macOS Sonoma 14.0.
Please support independent contributors like Code2care by donating a coffee.
Buy me a coffee!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Python: Convert Date to DateTime
- How to sort a List using Lambda in Python
- Python matplotlib segmentation fault: 11 macOS Big Sur
- What is Terminal Velocity and its Formula? How to calculate it programmatically?
- How to install Python 3.11 on Mac
- How to flatten a nested list in Python
- Python: Pandas Merge DataFrames on Index Example
- How to Run all Cells at Once Jupyter Notebook
- Python - Convert float to String
- How to add borders to tkinter label text
- How to Exit a Loop in Python Code
- [Python] Fix: ValueError: All arrays must be of the same length
- Sorting an array using Bubble Sort in Python Programming
- How to Unzip a file using Python
- Python: Merge DataFrames Pandas Outer Join Example
- Change label (text) color in tkinter
- Convert Float to String in Python
- Fix: fatal error: No such file or directory compilation terminated
- Python: Access index/counter of a for loop iteration
- Import Other Python Files Examples
- How to install Anaconda on Mac (M1/M2 Mac)
- Python Regular Expression to Find All Matches in List
- How to Read a binary File with Python
- How to disable warnings while Python file execution
- Know current Python Version
- Get FIle Size using PowerShell - Powershell
- Fix: IntelliJ No SDK for New Project - Java
- Nano Show Line Numbers - Linux
- How do I run HTML file in Notepad? (Windows) - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to Move Columns in Microsoft Excel on Mac - MacOS
- Responsive Web Design with CSS Media Queries: A Beginner's Tutorial [Updated for 2023] - CSS
- How to find someone on Instagram - HowTos