When you try to run Python3 command or most developer commands on the macOS Sonoma Terminal app you will be prompted to install the xcode-select tools.
Code2care@Mac % python3 --version xcode-select: note: No developer tools were found, requesting install. If developer tools are located at a non-default location on disk, use `sudo xcode-select --switch path/to/Xcode.app` to specify the Xcode that you wish to use for command line developer tools, and cancel the installation dialog. See `man xcode-select` for more details.
The "python3" command requires the command line developer tools. Would you like to install the tools now? Choose Install to download and install the command line developer tools now.
Once you click on install you will see a finding software window, which will soon turn into an error as below,
Can't install the software because it is not currently available from the Software Update server
- Step 1:
- Step 2:
Locate Command Line Tools for Xcode 15 and download it (the size of this Command Line Tool installer dmg is around 650 MB).
- Step 3:
Install the dmg once downloaded.
- Step 4:
Now when you try to run Python3 command in Terminal it should work!
You can install the xcode-select tool using the homebrew package manager.
To install Command Line Tools directly, run the below command on the Terminal and follow the instructions that will come up as a dialog.
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- Shutdown Mac Terminal Command
- How to know the Serial Number of MacBook on macOS Ventura 13.0
- macOS: Remove Desktop or Documents Folder from iCloud Drive Syncing
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to install Zoom Add-in to Outlook (Mac)
- How to turn off Stage Manager - macOS Ventura
- Fix - Xode - Internal logic error: Connection was invalidated
- How to do calculations in Mac Terminal
- How to delete a Page in Microsoft Word File on Mac (macOS)
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- How to Disable Mac Terminal Bell Sound
- Installing MongoDB on Linux/Unix/macOS/Ubuntu
- How to Uninstall Brew on Mac
- Find your macOS version
- Change TextEdit File Encoding
- AppleScript Example with TextEdit
- How to install homebrew (brew) on M1 Mac
- How to Find File and Directory Size in Mac Terminal
- How to open new tab in Sublime Text Editor [macOS]
- How to list all users in Mac Terminal
- Turn off Auto-Capitalization on macOS Ventura 13
- How to check Command Line Tools Version [Updated for Ventura]
- Change Current User Password using Mac Terminal Command
- Microsoft Teams: Delay in sending and receiving messages - TM495986 - Teams
- WARNING: pip is being invoked by an old script wrapper. This will fail in a future version of pip. - PIP
- How to extend retiring SharePoint 2010 Workflows and continue with Office 365 - SharePoint
- AWS S3 CLI BucketAlreadyExists when calling CreateBucket Error make_bucket failed - AWS
- Connect to 3270 host IBM Mainframe using Mac Terminal (c3270) - MacOS
- How to get Client IP address using Java Code Example - Java
- Fix 0x80070194 Error When Opening Microsoft OneDrive File - Microsoft
- [Solution] SFTP Connection closed File 22 not found - FTP