In order to restart your Mac or Macbook running on Apple Silicon (M1/M2 Chip) in safe mode, follow the below steps,
- Click on the Apple Logo on the Menu bar,
- Select Shut Down...
- If you see a dialog with "Are you sure you want to shut down your computer now?" click Shut Down button again.
- Wait till your Mac completely shuts down! (Screen goes black and no lights)
- Now press and hold the power button until you see the screen "Loading startup options".
- Now select your HD and press and hold Shift Button until you see "Continue in Safe Mode"
- Click on Continue in Safe Mode.
Now when your Mac restarts you would see "Safe Boot" on your menu bar of the login screen.
The above steps work on,
macOS Ventura 13 macOS Monterey 12 macOS Big Sur 11.0
For macOS Catalina 10.15 and Mojave 10.14 follow the below steps,
- Go to Apple menu and select Shut Down,
- Once your Mac shuts down, wait 10 seconds then press the power button.
- Press the Shift key as soon as your Mac starts, and you would hear the startup sound
- When you see the Apple Logo and the progress bar, release the Shift Key
How to come out of Safe Mode?
Simply restart your Mac normally and you should be out of safe mode.
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- Shutdown Mac Terminal Command
- How to know the Serial Number of MacBook on macOS Ventura 13.0
- macOS: Remove Desktop or Documents Folder from iCloud Drive Syncing
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to install Zoom Add-in to Outlook (Mac)
- How to turn off Stage Manager - macOS Ventura
- Fix - Xode - Internal logic error: Connection was invalidated
- How to do calculations in Mac Terminal
- How to delete a Page in Microsoft Word File on Mac (macOS)
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- How to Disable Mac Terminal Bell Sound
- Installing MongoDB on Linux/Unix/macOS/Ubuntu
- How to Uninstall Brew on Mac
- Find your macOS version
- Change TextEdit File Encoding
- AppleScript Example with TextEdit
- How to install homebrew (brew) on M1 Mac
- How to Find File and Directory Size in Mac Terminal
- How to open new tab in Sublime Text Editor [macOS]
- How to list all users in Mac Terminal
- Turn off Auto-Capitalization on macOS Ventura 13
- How to check Command Line Tools Version [Updated for Ventura]
- Change Current User Password using Mac Terminal Command
- How to hide or cancel Toast message in Android Programming - Android
- Java JDK 21 - JEP 440 - Record Patterns - Java-JDK-21
- Get the current timestamp in Java - Java
- Export aborted because fatal lint error were found - Android
- Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end users experience - Java
- Locate MainActivity Java or Kotlin file in Android Studio - Android-Studio
- How to Make Your Own Cross Platform Custom Notepad Application [Windows/Mac/Linux] - Python
- [Fix] java: incompatible types: java.lang.String cannot be converted to int - Java