Homebrew (brew) is the most popular package manager for macOS.
If you have purchased a new Mac or recently formatted it and want to install brew, follow the below easy steps.
Step 1: Open Terminal app
Step 2: Run the below command
/bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/HEAD/install.sh)"
Step 3: Add brew to .zshrc profile
One the installation is completed just copy the lines next to "Run these two commands in your terminal to add Homebrew to your PATH" and run them in terminal.
==> Next steps: Run these two commands in your terminal to add Homebrew to your PATH: echo 'eval "$(/opt/homebrew/bin/brew shellenv)"' >> /Users/mac-user/.zprofile eval "$(/opt/homebrew/bin/brew shellenv)" Run brew help to get started - Further documentation: https://docs.brew.sh
Step 4: Test Brew Installation
Run brew version command to see if it is installed correctly.
% brew --version Homebrew 4.0.19
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Clear Screen shortcut macOS Terminal
- What is macOS Ventura?
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located?
- AutoSave button not working on Office on Mac (Word, Excel or Powerpoint)
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages
- How to change Ping TTL value on macOS
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac
- How to Copy full Absolute Path of a File on Mac
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- Enable spell check in Sublime Text (macOS)
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to turn off Location Services macOS Ventura 13
- How to Open VS Code on Mac
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to Fix cd: too many arguments Error in Terminal: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to install wget on macOS
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Strikethrough Text in Excel for Mac
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- How to install Yarn on Mac (macOS)
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Schedule Mails in macOS Ventura
- How to extract numbers as list from Python String - Python
- How to See Hidden Folders and Files on macOS - Mac-OS-X
- How to record PowerPoint slide show presentation on Mac - narration, slide timings, ink gestures - Microsoft
- Setting $JAVA_HOME Environment Variable in macOS - MacOS
- Microsoft Teams enable or disable Spell check - Teams
- How to Export a man page using Mac Terminal to a file - MacOS
- How to fix PIP Install error: subprocess-exited-with-error - PIP
- Change the default login shell on macOS Ventura 13.0 - MacOS