In order to know how many battery cycles you have completed on your MacBook, you can make use of ioreg command on the Terminal, but as this command will print out a lot of information, you can make use of the grep command to narrow down to just use the battery cycle as follows,
ioreg – show I/O Kit registry
% ioreg -r -c "AppleSmartBattery" | grep 'CycleCount" =' "CycleCount" = 216
As you can see the above command outputted that I have completed 216 battery cycles on my Macbook.
This command can be handy when you are building an application or writing a script that needs this information..
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Clear Screen shortcut macOS Terminal
- What is macOS Ventura?
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located?
- AutoSave button not working on Office on Mac (Word, Excel or Powerpoint)
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages
- How to change Ping TTL value on macOS
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac
- How to Copy full Absolute Path of a File on Mac
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- Enable spell check in Sublime Text (macOS)
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to turn off Location Services macOS Ventura 13
- How to Open VS Code on Mac
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to Fix cd: too many arguments Error in Terminal: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to install wget on macOS
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Strikethrough Text in Excel for Mac
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- How to install Yarn on Mac (macOS)
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Schedule Mails in macOS Ventura
- hibernate.cfg.xml Configuration and Mapping xml Example - Java
- Create HTML button that looks like a href hyperlink - Html
- How to add Date and Time to Windows Notepad File - NotepadPlusPlus
- Copy Text to Android Clipboard Programmatically ClipboardManager - Android
- Android [SDK Manager] The system cannot find the path specified - Android-Studio
- Online Free SQL Query Formatter (Prettifier) Tool - Tools
- Java HashMap equivalent in Python using dict data structure - Python
- Java: How to convert a file to String - Java