There are a few ways that I know you can copy the absolute path of a file on a Mac,
1. Using the Terminal and realpath commandExample:
% realpath key.pem /Users/code2care/Desktop/key.pem
As you can see the realpath command followed by the file name gives you the full absolute path of the file along with the file name and extension.
You can make use of the pwd - present working directory command if you want to know the complete path of a directory.
2. Using the Mouse and Keyboard
- Right-Click (Doble-tap or Trackpad if on Macbook) on the file,
- Now as you see the Menu press Option ⌥ Key on your Mac Keyboard,
- Instead of Copy option you should see "Copy filename as Pathname"
- While holding the Option key select the Copy filename as Pathname option,
- The absolute path will get copied on the Clipboard
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Clear Screen shortcut macOS Terminal
- What is macOS Ventura?
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located?
- AutoSave button not working on Office on Mac (Word, Excel or Powerpoint)
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages
- How to change Ping TTL value on macOS
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac
- How to Copy full Absolute Path of a File on Mac
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- Enable spell check in Sublime Text (macOS)
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to turn off Location Services macOS Ventura 13
- How to Open VS Code on Mac
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to Fix cd: too many arguments Error in Terminal: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to install wget on macOS
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Strikethrough Text in Excel for Mac
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- How to install Yarn on Mac (macOS)
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Schedule Mails in macOS Ventura
- java: unclosed string literal [Error] - Java
- Python: Append A List at the Start of Another List - Python
- VS Code: The source path must be contained in the project root folder. - Java
- How to Add Maven Central Repository in pom.xml - HowTos
- How to make a Python Program Pause for X seconds - Python
- Google translate in spreadsheet - Google
- Java: Round Up to 2 decimal places examples - Java
- No Android device found : Android File Transfer App Mac OS X - Android