If you own a MacBook with 256GB or 512GB of memory, you would soon be in a situation that do you not have enough space on your device to add more softwares of data. There are few Apps that come preinstalled with macOS (Catalina, Mojave or Big Sur) such as GarageBand
Not everyone is a composer and wants to make use of Apps such as GarageBand, it takes up ~1.7GB space on my M1 Macbook and more if you download loops libraries.
"How to delete/uninstall GarageBand App from Mac?"
- Open Finder App, by trying finder in Spotlight Search,
- Now click on Applications from the left Favorites section,
- Look for App GarageBand and right click Move to Thrash,
- You may see a pop-up "Finder wants to move "GarageBand" to the Thrash", Use Password or Touch ID to move it to thrash,
- Empty your Thrash.
✌️You may have also downloaded GarageBand sound libraries that you may want to delete to free up more space,
"How to delete/uninstall GarageBand Sound Libraries from Mac?"
- Click on the Apple icon on macOS menu bar,
- Select: About this Mac,
- Go to Storage tab,
- Now click on Manage..,
- Click on Music Creation,
- Click on Remove GarageBand Sound Library,
- You will see a pop-up like this,
Remove GarageBand Sound Library from disk? This will free up 2.53 GB of storage. You can’t undo this action, but you can reinstall the Sound Library later if needed.
- Click on Remove.
This should free up a lot of space for you! :)
- Clear Screen shortcut macOS Terminal
- What is macOS Ventura?
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located?
- AutoSave button not working on Office on Mac (Word, Excel or Powerpoint)
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages
- How to change Ping TTL value on macOS
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac
- How to Copy full Absolute Path of a File on Mac
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- Enable spell check in Sublime Text (macOS)
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to turn off Location Services macOS Ventura 13
- How to Open VS Code on Mac
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to Fix cd: too many arguments Error in Terminal: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to install wget on macOS
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Strikethrough Text in Excel for Mac
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- How to install Yarn on Mac (macOS)
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Schedule Mails in macOS Ventura
- Splitting String in Java with Examples - Java
- How to docker remove a container when it exits - Docker
- Compare two lists in Python and return matches - Python
- [fix] iCloud - Verification Failed: An unknown error occurred Apple ID - iOS
- Fix: Unable to edit text in TextEdit on Mac - MacOS
- How to take a Screenshot on iPhone with iOS 17 - iOS
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages - MacOS
- [fix] NullPointerException Cannot Invoke findById because Repository is null - Java Spring - Java