Note: This article is applicable to macOS Ventura 13.0 and above.
At times you may not want your Mac device to go to sleep as you keep it idle. In such a case you need to change the settings on your macOS so that the device do not get locked.
Steps to prevent Mac from Sleeping
- Click on the Apple logo on the Menubar.
- Now select System Settings...
- From the sidebar select Lock Screen.
- Now make the following changes.
- Start Screen Saver when inactive: Never
- Turn display off on battery when inactive: Never
- Turn display off on power adapter when inactive: Never
Do take note if you are using a MacBook Air/Pro Laptop - Never letting your display go to sleep may shorten battery life.
This article is demonstrated on macOS Sonoma 14.
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Clear Screen shortcut macOS Terminal
- What is macOS Ventura?
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located?
- AutoSave button not working on Office on Mac (Word, Excel or Powerpoint)
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages
- How to change Ping TTL value on macOS
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac
- How to Copy full Absolute Path of a File on Mac
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- Enable spell check in Sublime Text (macOS)
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to turn off Location Services macOS Ventura 13
- How to Open VS Code on Mac
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to Fix cd: too many arguments Error in Terminal: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to install wget on macOS
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Strikethrough Text in Excel for Mac
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- How to install Yarn on Mac (macOS)
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Schedule Mails in macOS Ventura
- [Program] How to read three different values using Scanner in Java - Java
- Xcode 13 - unknown error compiling for iOS 15.0 but module has a minimum deployment target of iOS 15.2 - iOS
- Fix: Mac Screenshot opens in Mail Application - MacOS
- [fix] zsh: command not found: telnet on Mac - MacOS
- pip get list of all outdated Python packages - Python
- 5 Reasons Why Jupyter Notebook is Not Opening and Solutions - Python
- How to wrap column text in SharePoint Online Modern List Grid View using JSON formatting - SharePoint
- Java: Print Stack Trace as String Without Exception - Java