In order to read a file that you have uploaded on your Google Drive in Google Colab, you can make use of the drive module from the google.colab package.
Step 1: Mount Google Drive using drive module
The first step is to mount your drive in a Notebook code cell.
from google.colab import drive drive.mount('/content/drive')
Once you execute this code you will see a message:
Permit this notebook to access your Google Drive files?
This notebook is requesting access to your Google Drive files. Granting access to Google Drive will permit code executed in the notebook to modify files in your Google Drive.
Make sure to review notebook code prior to allowing this access.
Connect to Google Drive
You will be asked to login to your Gmail account and authorize the access permissions to Colab.
Step 2: Copy path of your file
Next you can go to the file icon on the left sidebar in Google Drive and expand drive -> MyDrive and copy path of your file (csv, txt, xlsx or any other)
drive_csv_file_path = '/content/drive/MyDrive/data/data.csv'
Step 3: All good to use it in your Python Code!Example:
import csv def read_from_csv_file(data_file): with open(data_file, 'r') as file: csv_reader = csv.reader(file) for row in csv_reader: print(row) drive_csv_file_path = '/content/drive/MyDrive/data/data.csv' read_from_csv_file(drive_csv_file_path)
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to get nest aware on iPhone
- Fetch as Google Crawl Error or Redirected Status
- How to upload and read csv file in Google Colab
- Google Celebrates Rosa Bonheur 200th birthday with a Google Doodle
- Fix: Cannot contact reCAPTCHA. Check your connection and try again.
- Google Webmaster : An error has occurred. Please try again later
- [Fix] reCAPTCHA not working in Web Browser
- Fetch More then 10 Links Per Page in Google Search Result
- How to do a Reverse Image Search Using Google Tools
- Turning Off Chat in Gmail
- How to Mount Google Drive in Colab Notebook
- How to Hum a Song to Google to find it out! [Android and iPhone]
- Google Colab: How to read file from Google Drive
- How to Undo-Revert Sent Email in Google Gmail
- Google Local Guide Program and Perks of Contributing to Google Maps
- How to install Google Chrome using Mac Terminal
- How to Toggle Light/Dark Mode in Google Colab
- How to Upload a File to Google Colab (txt, csv, json, xml, xlsx)
- How to insert image into Google Sheets cell
- Installing Google Cloud macOS SDK
- 86 Gmail keyboard shortcuts that you may find Advantageous
- Google Search Console: HTTPS is invalid and might prevent it from being indexed
- Resolving DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Google Chrome Error
- Enable Dark Mode in Google Search
- Page actions are temporarily disabled [Google Search Console Page Crawling]
- SharePoint PowerShell PnP - How to get list item by Item ID using GetItemById, Get-PnPListItem - SharePoint
- How to open SharePoint Online Modern SPFX links in new tab - SharePoint
- How to remove disable google search blue triangle - Google
- [Fix] MySQL ERROR 1054 (42S22): Unknown Column - MySQL
- What Java version is used for Minecraft 1.18 - Java
- How to use a different Python version with virtualenv - Python
- Microsoft Teams: Delay in sending and receiving messages - TM495986 - Teams
- Notepad++ Ghost typing Examples - NotepadPlusPlus