We can access the Trash folder using the Terminal by making use of the cd command followed by ~/.Trash.Example:
% cd ~/.Trash % pwd /Users/c2ctech/.Trash
Now but when you try to do an ls command, you will get an error "ls: .: Operation not permitted"
This can still be handly to move files to Trash from Terminal instead of using the rm command which will delete the file(s) permanently.
mv oldfile.csv ~/.Trash
This is not an AI-generated article but is demonstrated by a human on an M1 Mac running macOS Sonoma 14.0.
Please support independent contributors like Code2care by donating a coffee.
Buy me a coffee!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Clear Screen shortcut macOS Terminal
- What is macOS Ventura?
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located?
- AutoSave button not working on Office on Mac (Word, Excel or Powerpoint)
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages
- How to change Ping TTL value on macOS
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac
- How to Copy full Absolute Path of a File on Mac
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- Enable spell check in Sublime Text (macOS)
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to turn off Location Services macOS Ventura 13
- How to Open VS Code on Mac
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to Fix cd: too many arguments Error in Terminal: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to install wget on macOS
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Strikethrough Text in Excel for Mac
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- How to install Yarn on Mac (macOS)
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Schedule Mails in macOS Ventura
- [Ubuntu] Search a package and versions using apt command - Linux
- How to convert Java LocalDateTime to Timestamp Object with Examples - Java
- [Fix] Java - Exception in thread main java.lang.IllegalThreadStateException - Java
- Deploy SharePoint wsp solution package using PowerShell - SharePoint
- Install and Run Jupyter Notebook on Mac (macOS) - Python
- How to fix Microsoft Teams Error Code caa70004 - Teams
- Bootstrap Button Colors Classes - Bootstrap
- How to hide or remove quick launch left navigation from SharePoint Online Modern site page - SharePoint