If you have updated your SharePoint environment (true for Office 365 as well) with recent patches (Service Pack or Cumulative Update) and are suddenly facing problems with any functionality that has been working fine for so long. Do not worry and check this, it might help.What happened after the SharePoint update from Microsoft?
Microsoft has made some updates/changes to the default Out Of The Box required site columns (something like Name field - internal name FileLeafRef).
Now required fields show up as a different name in your HTML DOM. The Title attribute for <input> will be changed and "Required Field" is appended to the old display name.
Why will my code break?
Old display name for Name field - Name New display name for Name field - Name Required Field
var spDocName = $("input[title='Name']");
This line of code would have worked fine earlier as there is a field with title="Name" on your page.
But will fail after the patch now since title="Name Required Field".How to troubleshoot such issues?
The best way to troubleshoot this kind of issue is by using the Browser F12 Developer Tools.
Using developer tools, check the HTML code for the required column which is used in your code to verify if the title is changed.
- PowerShell - How to use Try Catch Finally blocks for error exception handling (Windows/SharePoint)
- SharePoint List excel import - This table exceeds the maximum number of supported rows
- Update SharePoint Online List Item using REST API, HTML, Spfx, Postman
- Fix SharePoint Error - The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- Move Copy Migrate SharePoint OneDrive files folders to different site collection location
- Create SharePoint list from Excel spreadsheet and import table
- Send Email using SharePoint PowerShell command, SMTP server
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- The service instance
- How to get the SharePoint Tenant Login URL
- New-SPLogFile PowerShell - create new SharePoint log file
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- SharePoint Server 2016 Preview installation error - This Product Key isn't a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Product Key. Check that you've entered it correctly.
- How to change order of fields on new item form for SharePoint Online list
- Update Created By (Author) column of SharePoint document using PowerShell
- How to delete SharePoint Online List Item using REST API
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- Create SharePoint Site Collection using PowerShell New-SPSite
- How to customize SharePoint Modern list form using JSON formatting
- How to get SharePoint Online user details from person or group column using REST API
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.net
- How to Get or Set SharePoint Document ID _dlc_DocId using PowerShell
- MySQL Error :1007 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_DB_CREATE_EXISTS) Message: Can't create database '%s'; database exists - MySQL
- 86 Gmail keyboard shortcuts that you may find Advantageous - Google
- Are Windows Notepad files recoverable? - NotepadPlusPlus
- error CAML Query containing special characters - SharePoint
- Java get day of the week as an int using DayOfWeek - Java
- How to ls command to output one entry per line [macOS/Linux/Bash] - Linux
- Install RabbitMQ on Docker - Docker
- Android Emulator Soft Back button action using Computer keyboard - Android