If you have updated your SharePoint environment (true for Office 365 as well) with recent patches (Service Pack or Cumulative Update) and are suddenly facing problems with any functionality that has been working fine for so long. Do not worry and check this, it might help.What happened after the SharePoint update from Microsoft?
Microsoft has made some updates/changes to the default Out Of The Box required site columns (something like Name field - internal name FileLeafRef).
Now required fields show up as a different name in your HTML DOM. The Title attribute for <input> will be changed and "Required Field" is appended to the old display name.
Why will my code break?
Old display name for Name field - Name New display name for Name field - Name Required Field
var spDocName = $("input[title='Name']");
This line of code would have worked fine earlier as there is a field with title="Name" on your page.
But will fail after the patch now since title="Name Required Field".How to troubleshoot such issues?
The best way to troubleshoot this kind of issue is by using the Browser F12 Developer Tools.
Using developer tools, check the HTML code for the required column which is used in your code to verify if the title is changed.
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- How to extract deployed WSP solution from SharePoint FARM using PowerShell
- How to change SharePoint Online site collection or subsite URL address
- Move Copy Migrate SharePoint OneDrive files folders to different site collection location
- How to configure PDF iFilter for SharePoint
- Sharepoint errors were found when compiling the workflow
- SharePoint error - Your organization doesn't allow sharing with users from this domain. Please contact your IT department for help. (OSE403)
- How to wrap column text in SharePoint Online Modern List Grid View using JSON formatting
- Setup synonyms or alias or thesaurus in SharePoint
- How to enable missing SharePoint Site Assets, Site Pages library App
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features - SharePoint
- How to make jsfiddle bootstrap ready - CSS
- How to enable line numbers in Eclipse - Eclipse
- Parsing Data for android-21 failed unsupported major.minor version 51.0 - Android
- SDK Manager: failed to install : Android Studio on Windows - Android-Studio
- Remove ActionBar from Activity that extends appcompat-v7 - Android
- Tutorial : Simple Lightweight Pure CSS based Vertical Navigation Menu - CSS
- Calculate Area and Circumference of Circle - C-Program
- Gmail Error Bad Request Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request - Google
- How to Apply Themes to Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name - SharePoint
- Calculate Volume of Cube - C-Program
- The service instance "Microsoft SharePoint Insights" could not be provisioned because of the following error: Authentication information for SPInsights service has not been set yet - SharePoint
- Use Netbeans keyboard shortcuts in Android Studio - Android-Studio