If you have updated your SharePoint environment (true for Office 365 as well) with recent patches (Service Pack or Cumulative Update) and are suddenly facing problems with any functionality that has been working fine for so long. Do not worry and check this, it might help.What happened after the SharePoint update from Microsoft?
Microsoft has made some updates/changes to the default Out Of The Box required site columns (something like Name field - internal name FileLeafRef).
Now required fields show up as a different name in your HTML DOM. The Title attribute for <input> will be changed and "Required Field" is appended to the old display name.
Why will my code break?
Old display name for Name field - Name New display name for Name field - Name Required Field
var spDocName = $("input[title='Name']");
This line of code would have worked fine earlier as there is a field with title="Name" on your page.
But will fail after the patch now since title="Name Required Field".How to troubleshoot such issues?
The best way to troubleshoot this kind of issue is by using the Browser F12 Developer Tools.
Using developer tools, check the HTML code for the required column which is used in your code to verify if the title is changed.
- Setup synonyms or alias or thesaurus in SharePoint
- How to redirect SharePoint Site Collection to different URL
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint
- SharePoint 2010 DataForm Unable to display this Web Part System.StackOverflowException
- SharePoint Server 2016 Preview installation error - This Product Key isn't a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Product Key. Check that you've entered it correctly.
- How to delete SharePoint List Item programmatically
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- Create SharePoint Site Collection using PowerShell New-SPSite
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- SharePoint Server 2016 installation System Hardware requirements
- [Solved] SharePoint Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion
- SharePoint Designer Workflow error - Coercion Failed: Input cannot be null for this coercion
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- SharePoint 2016 error - Could not find file ManageUserProfileServiceApplicationTenantSimplified.xml
- Bypass domain name for IIS site (SharePoint)
- SharePoint PowerShell Merge-SPLogFile filter by time using StartTime EndTime
- Recover SharePoint if the SQL Server IP changes
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- How to enable disable SharePoint Developer Dashboard for tracing troubleshooting
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- Update Created By (Author) column of SharePoint document using PowerShell
- SharePoint Server 2016 error - Failed to connect to the configuration database
- The service instance
- SharePoint Managed Metadata Hidden Taxonomy List - TaxonomyHiddenList
- Fetch More then 10 Links Per Page in Google Search Result - Google
- Android Studio: Cannot perform refactoring operation - Android-Studio
- eclipse maven m2e : Cannot complete the install - Eclipse
- Top 3 Awesome Text Editors developers prefer at workplace - Sublime
- Calculate Area of a Rectangle - C-Program
- What is Bootstrap Jumbotron and how to use it - Bootstrap
- Background task activation is spurious error - Windows 10, Office 2016, Office 365 - HowTos
- How to remove old 404 pages ulrs from Google crawler - Html
- Exception in thread main java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: package javaClass - Java
- SharePoint Server 2016 error Microsoft Office Online Server 2016 cant be installed on the same machine as a Microsoft SharePoint Server product - SharePoint
- 7 deadly java.lang.OutOfMemoryError in Java Programming - Java
- Unable to establish connection to adb : Android Studio Error - Android
- How to send WhatsApp message from your Android App using Intent - WhatsApp
- Portable Notepad++ for windows - NotepadPlusPlus