Consider a multi-server SharePoint FARM where you come across an error and SharePoint provides you just a Correlation ID. It can get very tedious for the administrator to find the actual error, especially scanning the logs on all servers.
There is a much easier option available in PowerShell which will return logs for a particular Correlation ID from the entire FARM.Merge-SPlogfile - PowerShell command
The "Merge-SPlogfile" command will search the error logs for the given correlation error ID from all the servers in FARM.
The output file can be generated in the desired format (log, xls, etc) and placed on any location on the server.Merge-SPLogFile -Path [FILE PATH] -Correlation [CORRELATION GUID]
where, Merge-SPLogFile = PowerShell Command Path = Location where the output file is to be saved, along with File Name and extension Correlation = The correlation id (GUID) of the error
Start SharePoint Management Shell (run as administrator) and execute below PowerShell command.
Merge-SPlogfile -Path C:\sp_error.xls -Correlation xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx
This will generate a file named "sp_error.xls" at location C:\. The generated file will consist only errors related to the correlation id provided in the command.
If you want to understand how the correlation id is helpful in troubleshooting the error, read here - http://code2care.org/2015/an-unexpected-error-has-occurred
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- How to extract deployed WSP solution from SharePoint FARM using PowerShell
- How to change SharePoint Online site collection or subsite URL address
- Move Copy Migrate SharePoint OneDrive files folders to different site collection location
- How to configure PDF iFilter for SharePoint
- Sharepoint errors were found when compiling the workflow
- SharePoint error - Your organization doesn't allow sharing with users from this domain. Please contact your IT department for help. (OSE403)
- How to wrap column text in SharePoint Online Modern List Grid View using JSON formatting
- Setup synonyms or alias or thesaurus in SharePoint
- How to enable missing SharePoint Site Assets, Site Pages library App
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error - Android
- Eclipse : The type java.lang.CharSequence cannot be resolved. Indirectly referenced from required .class files - Java
- Your Android SDK is out of date or is missing templates. Please ensure you are using SDK version 22 or later. - Android
- How to repeat tile background image in Android Activity - Android
- How to change Android Button Color using xml attribute and programatically using java - Android
- Maven : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Xmx512m - Android
- How to Get or Set SharePoint Document ID _dlc_DocId using PowerShell - SharePoint
- How to find AUTO_INCREMENT fileds value in mysql table - MySQL
- Unable to connect to the Internet : Google Chrome - Chrome
- java.io.IOException: Unable to locate resource handler.properties - Java
- Redirect page using jQuery - jQuery
- Android Studio : Build Tools 23.0.0 rc1 is deprecated - Android-Studio
- Eclipse : This version of the rendering library is more recent than your version of ADT plug-in. Please update ADT plug-in - Eclipse