You might be receiving "insufficient space" error dialog message while you are trying to Install a new App on your Android Device or receiving some files via. Bluetooth. And now you see that Certain Apps are installed on Internal Storage and taking up most of the space, well you can move this App and its Cache to External Storage,
How to resolve this issue ?
To move Apps to External Storage,
- Goto Settings
- Goto Applications
- Look for the App you want to Move
- Now you should see, Move to External Storage if the App is installed on the Internal Device (If it says Move to Phone/System Memory then the app is already installed on the microSD card) .
Note that these steps may vary depending upon the Android OS version you are using (Gingerbread, HoneyComb, IceCreamSandwich, Kitkat or Lollipop)Why Can't we move WhatsApp, Facebook to External Storage ? You may see Apps like WhatsApp, Facebook cannot be moved, the reason is they use certain App permissions that are important for their features that do not let it install it on external storage. If you read WhatsApp Official blog on this you would see, Moving WhatsApp to your memory card (microSD card) is not possible at this time.
We are working on improving our application size and memory utilization. There are technical hurdles that do not allow us to move our application to the microSD card. In the meantime, we recommend that you help make room for WhatsApp by moving as many other applications and media files as you can, to your microSD card.
Source : https://www.whatsapp.com/faq/android/21068307
Is there a way ?
The only way this can be done is by having access to SuperUser and for this, you need to get your Phone rooted which is not recommended.
- Officially Send WhatsApp message using webpage (html)
- Share Image to WhatsApp with Caption from your Android App
- How to send WhatsApp message from your Android App using Intent
- Can we move apps like WhatsApp, Facebook to external MicroSD card
- How to resolve Certificate Expired WhatsApp Error
- [Solution] Installing Whatsapp There's insufficient space on the device
- How to know if someone has read your WhatsApp message
- WhatsApp launches WhatsApp Web to Access Messages over web browser
- Share Multiple Images in WhatsApp using Android Intent
- WhatsApp Web escanner
- NOTE: This project contains resource errors, so aapt did not succeed, which can cause rendering failures. Fix resource problems first. - Android
- Eclipse : This version of the rendering library is more recent than your version of ADT plug-in. Please update ADT plug-in - Eclipse
- Android Development - How to switch between two Activities - Android
- SharePoint Server 2016 error Microsoft Office Online Server 2016 cant be installed on the same machine as a Microsoft SharePoint Server product - SharePoint
- AlertDialog with single button example : Android - Android
- Android : Remove ListView Separator/divider programmatically or using xml property - Android
- Eclipse : Workspace was written with an older version of the product and will be updated - Eclipse
- How to install homebrew (brew) on M1 Mac - MacOS
- Mac OS X Taking Screen Capture using Terminal - Mac-OS-X
- Microsoft Teams meeting Full Screen mode option missing - bring it back - Teams
- Enable Dark Mode in Gmail Desktop Browser - Google
- How to turn on channel notifications for Microsoft Teams - Teams
- PHP Script to Upload Images to Server - PHP
- Android Error Generating Final Archive - Debug Certificate Expired - Android
- [Fix] Steam: Friends Network Unreachable Error - HowTos
- How to get list of all Java versions installed on macOS - Java
- How to know if someone has read your WhatsApp message - WhatsApp
- Best Free Gif screen capture app now available for M1 Chip Mac - LICECap - MacOS