You might be receiving "insufficient space" error dialog message while you are trying to Install a new App on your Android Device or receiving some files via. Bluetooth. And now you see that Certain Apps are installed on Internal Storage and taking up most of the space, well you can move this App and its Cache to External Storage,
How to resolve this issue ?
To move Apps to External Storage,
- Goto Settings
- Goto Applications
- Look for the App you want to Move
- Now you should see, Move to External Storage if the App is installed on the Internal Device (If it says Move to Phone/System Memory then the app is already installed on the microSD card) .
Note that these steps may vary depending upon the Android OS version you are using (Gingerbread, HoneyComb, IceCreamSandwich, Kitkat or Lollipop)Why Can't we move WhatsApp, Facebook to External Storage ? You may see Apps like WhatsApp, Facebook cannot be moved, the reason is they use certain App permissions that are important for their features that do not let it install it on external storage. If you read WhatsApp Official blog on this you would see, Moving WhatsApp to your memory card (microSD card) is not possible at this time.
We are working on improving our application size and memory utilization. There are technical hurdles that do not allow us to move our application to the microSD card. In the meantime, we recommend that you help make room for WhatsApp by moving as many other applications and media files as you can, to your microSD card.
Source : https://www.whatsapp.com/faq/android/21068307
Is there a way ?
The only way this can be done is by having access to SuperUser and for this, you need to get your Phone rooted which is not recommended.
- Officially Send WhatsApp message using webpage (html)
- Can we move apps like WhatsApp, Facebook to external MicroSD card
- [Solution] Installing Whatsapp There's insufficient space on the device
- How to know if someone has read your WhatsApp message
- How to send WhatsApp message from your Android App using Intent
- Share Multiple Images in WhatsApp using Android Intent
- Share Image to WhatsApp with Caption from your Android App
- WhatsApp launches WhatsApp Web to Access Messages over web browser
- WhatsApp Web escanner
- How to resolve Certificate Expired WhatsApp Error
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and Merge-SPlogfile - SharePoint
- MySQL : Error :1004 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_CANT_CREATE_FILE) Can't create file - MySQL
- [Solved] Bootstrap tooltip not working - Bootstrap
- Android Error Generating Final Archive - Debug Certificate Expired - Android
- No Android device found : Android File Transfer App Mac OS X - Android
- Simple Login Page using Bootstrap - Bootstrap
- JDK Location in Android Studio - Android-Studio
- How to word wrap in HTML - Html
- Setting up RSS feeds notifications within Outlook - HowTos
- How to change TextView or EditText Text Color on Focus and on Press - Android
- [Solved] com.sun.xml.ws.transport.http.servlet.WSServletContextListener ClassNotFoundException - Java
- vi undo command - Mac-OS-X
- How to send SMS on Android Emulator - Android
- Java XML-RPC java.net.BindException: Address already in use - Java
- Change Google Chrome Browsers default download location - Chrome