You might be receiving "insufficient space" error dialog message while you are trying to Install a new App on your Android Device or receiving some files via. Bluetooth. And now you see that Certain Apps are installed on Internal Storage and taking up most of the space, well you can move this App and its Cache to External Storage,
How to resolve this issue ?
To move Apps to External Storage,
- Goto Settings
- Goto Applications
- Look for the App you want to Move
- Now you should see, Move to External Storage if the App is installed on the Internal Device (If it says Move to Phone/System Memory then the app is already installed on the microSD card) .
Note that these steps may vary depending upon the Android OS version you are using (Gingerbread, HoneyComb, IceCreamSandwich, Kitkat or Lollipop)Why Can't we move WhatsApp, Facebook to External Storage ? You may see Apps like WhatsApp, Facebook cannot be moved, the reason is they use certain App permissions that are important for their features that do not let it install it on external storage. If you read WhatsApp Official blog on this you would see, Moving WhatsApp to your memory card (microSD card) is not possible at this time.
We are working on improving our application size and memory utilization. There are technical hurdles that do not allow us to move our application to the microSD card. In the meantime, we recommend that you help make room for WhatsApp by moving as many other applications and media files as you can, to your microSD card.
Source : https://www.whatsapp.com/faq/android/21068307
Is there a way ?
The only way this can be done is by having access to SuperUser and for this, you need to get your Phone rooted which is not recommended.
- Officially Send WhatsApp message using webpage (html)
- Can we move apps like WhatsApp, Facebook to external MicroSD card
- [Solution] Installing Whatsapp There's insufficient space on the device
- How to know if someone has read your WhatsApp message
- How to send WhatsApp message from your Android App using Intent
- Share Multiple Images in WhatsApp using Android Intent
- Share Image to WhatsApp with Caption from your Android App
- WhatsApp launches WhatsApp Web to Access Messages over web browser
- WhatsApp Web escanner
- How to resolve Certificate Expired WhatsApp Error
- How to press shortcut CTRL + ALT + DEL on Windows Remote Desktop - HowTos
- How to Change or Set a new Password for your Wi-Fi Router - HowTos
- Sign in as different user missing in SharePoint 2013 - SharePoint
- Calculate Area of Parallelogram - C-Program
- Spotlight Search file path location on Mac OS X Mavericks or Yosemite - Mac-OS-X
- JSON with PHP Example: JSON Tutorial - Json-Tutorial
- List of Code Snippets/Templates to Eclipse IDE - Eclipse
- appcompat_v7 errors after updates to API level 21 Material Theme - Android
- Add Custom header and footer to Windows Notepad file - NotepadPlusPlus
- Android Studio 4.2 Canary 1 now available - Android-Studio
- Bypass domain name for IIS site (SharePoint) - SharePoint
- PHP Base64 encoding decoding a variable - PHP
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically - SharePoint
- How to place two div elements next to each other - CSS
- Change default language highlighting in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus