You receive below error message when running any one of the setup - Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2013 with Service Pack 1 / SharePoint Server 2013 with Service Pack 1 / Project Server 2013 with Service Pack 1.
The Server/computer has Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, or 4.6.2 installed.
Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error(s): This product requires Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5.
The error occurs because the SharePoint 2013 Setup and Project Server 2013 setup programs cannot recognize the .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, or 4.6.2 as a supported version of the .NET Framework.
You can fix this problem by extracting the installation files to a writable location or manually installing the .Net versions.
✔️ How to fix Setup error if .NET Framework 4.6 is installed ?
- Extract the installation media to a writable location.
- Extract the .exe files and folders from the executable file to a writable location on your server/computer by running following command.
- If the installation media is an ISO or IMG disc image (.iso or .img), mount the disc image, and then copy the files and folders from the disc image to a writable location.
- Download the compressed .zip file that contains the fix that matches the installation product: SharePoint Foundation 2013 with Service Pack 1 fix
- Open the zip file and copy the appropriate setup support file from the .zip file into the "updates" folder in the writable location. SharePoint Foundation 2013 with Service Pack 1: wsssetup.dll
- Run Setup.exe from the writable location and start SharePoint/Project Server setup. Setup will use the support file that contains the fix that you've copied into the "updates" folder.
sharepoint.exe = executable setup file
C:\SharePointInstaller\Setup = path to extract files
SharePoint Server 2013 with Service Pack 1 fix
Project Server 2013 with Service Pack 1 fix
SharePoint Server 2013 with Service Pack 1: svrsetup.dll
Project Server 2013 with Service Pack 1: svrsetup.dll
⛏️ Workaround if fix does not work
- Do not install .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, or 4.6.2 before the SharePoint Setup.
- Uninstall the .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, or 4.6.2 if already installed.
- Restart the computer.
- Install the web installer for the .NET Framework 4.5.2.
- Run the SharePoint setup.
- Once SharePoint/Project Server is installed successfully, upgrade the .NET Framework from 4.5.2 to the .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, or 4.6.2.
- Move Copy Migrate SharePoint OneDrive files folders to different site collection location
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- How to share SharePoint site or document with all users in organization
- Get-ADUser PowerShell - Get AD user details using email address
- error CAML Query containing special characters
- Access URL for SharePoint Tenant Admin Center (Online Office 365)
- Fix SharePoint Error - The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started
- SharePoint - The URL is invalid. It may refer to a nonexistent file or folder, or refer to a valid file or folder that is not in the current Web.
- How to delete SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.Net
- How to Share Microsoft SharePoint Site with Users or Groups
- JSON column formatting to preview SharePoint Online file on mouse hover
- SharePoint List redirect user after submitting form NewForm.aspx
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- How to create SharePoint Document Library
- How to Get or Set SharePoint Document ID _dlc_DocId using PowerShell
- How to disable SharePoint subsite creation option for owners
- PowerShell - How to use Try Catch Finally blocks for error exception handling (Windows/SharePoint)
- SharePoint error - Your organization doesn't allow sharing with users from this domain. Please contact your IT department for help. (OSE403)
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- How to wrap column text in SharePoint Online Modern List Grid View using JSON formatting
- How to extend retiring SharePoint 2010 Workflows and continue with Office 365
- Changed AD user display name showing old name in SharePoint
- How to hide or remove quick launch left navigation from SharePoint Online Modern site page
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- Android : IOException: Unable to open sync connection! - Android
- Force convert HTML text input to upper case - Html
- How to Disable Mac Terminal Bell Sound - MacOS
- Android Emulator Screenshot saved location - Android-Studio
- How to Adjust macOS System Font Size - MacOS
- Cmd command get current directory location - Windows
- CentOS Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo base7x86_64 yum - HowTos
- How to enable line numbers in Eclipse IDE - Eclipse