You receive below error message when running any one of the setup - Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2013 with Service Pack 1 / SharePoint Server 2013 with Service Pack 1 / Project Server 2013 with Service Pack 1.
The Server/computer has Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, or 4.6.2 installed.
Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error(s): This product requires Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5.
The error occurs because the SharePoint 2013 Setup and Project Server 2013 setup programs cannot recognize the .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, or 4.6.2 as a supported version of the .NET Framework.
You can fix this problem by extracting the installation files to a writable location or manually installing the .Net versions.
✔️ How to fix Setup error if .NET Framework 4.6 is installed ?
- Extract the installation media to a writable location.
- Extract the .exe files and folders from the executable file to a writable location on your server/computer by running following command.
- If the installation media is an ISO or IMG disc image (.iso or .img), mount the disc image, and then copy the files and folders from the disc image to a writable location.
- Download the compressed .zip file that contains the fix that matches the installation product: SharePoint Foundation 2013 with Service Pack 1 fix
- Open the zip file and copy the appropriate setup support file from the .zip file into the "updates" folder in the writable location. SharePoint Foundation 2013 with Service Pack 1: wsssetup.dll
- Run Setup.exe from the writable location and start SharePoint/Project Server setup. Setup will use the support file that contains the fix that you've copied into the "updates" folder.
sharepoint.exe = executable setup file
C:\SharePointInstaller\Setup = path to extract files
SharePoint Server 2013 with Service Pack 1 fix
Project Server 2013 with Service Pack 1 fix
SharePoint Server 2013 with Service Pack 1: svrsetup.dll
Project Server 2013 with Service Pack 1: svrsetup.dll
⛏️ Workaround if fix does not work
- Do not install .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, or 4.6.2 before the SharePoint Setup.
- Uninstall the .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, or 4.6.2 if already installed.
- Restart the computer.
- Install the web installer for the .NET Framework 4.5.2.
- Run the SharePoint setup.
- Once SharePoint/Project Server is installed successfully, upgrade the .NET Framework from 4.5.2 to the .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, or 4.6.2.
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- SharePoint 2010 DataForm Unable to display this Web Part System.StackOverflowException
- SharePoint List redirect user after submitting form NewForm.aspx
- How to retrieve all SharePoint Online List Items using Rest API
- SharePoint workflow Canceled - Coercion Failed: Unable to transform the input lookup data into the requested type
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- Sharepoint Server 2016 installation Prerequisites with download links
- Sharepoint errors were found when compiling the workflow
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell, SMTP server
- Sign in as different user missing in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint List excel import - This table exceeds the maximum number of supported rows
- SharePoint Managed Metadata Hidden Taxonomy List - TaxonomyHiddenList
- Changed AD user display name showing old name in SharePoint
- How to migrate SharePoint Designer 2010 workflow to Power Automate FLOW (Microsoft Office 365)
- SharePoint Server 2016 error Microsoft Office Online Server 2016 cant be installed on the same machine as a Microsoft SharePoint Server product
- Fix SharePoint 2019 installation error This product requires Visual C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2017
- Deploy SharePoint wsp solution package using PowerShell
- How to delete SharePoint List Item programmatically
- New-SPLogFile PowerShell - create new SharePoint log file
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and Merge-SPlogfile
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- SharePoint 2010 August 2015 Update KB3055049 - Duplicate Document ID issue bug fixed
- Bypass domain name for IIS site (SharePoint)
- SharePoint error - Your organization doesn't allow sharing with users from this domain. Please contact your IT department for help.
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- SharePoint error - An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
- Cannot load PowerApps form in SharePoint Online due to repeated authentication
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search
- SharePoint Designer Workflow error - Coercion Failed: Input cannot be null for this coercion
- Get-ADUser PowerShell - Get AD user details using email address
- PowerShell iterate and get all SharePoint sites and sub sites
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview - new improved Features and Enhancements
- Recover SharePoint if the SQL Server IP changes
- SharePoint PowerShell Merge-SPLogFile filter by time using StartTime EndTime
- SharePoint formula - Calculated columns cannot contain volatile functions like Today and Me
- [Solved] SharePoint System.IO.FileNotFoundException was unhandled
- The package must have at least one . separator [Android Studio] - Android-Studio
- Make div element draggable using jQuery - jQuery
- How to make a Android button act as a toggle button - Android
- How to Kill service running on port using terminal command - HowTos
- Export aborted because fatal lint error were found - Android
- How to check if Java main thread is alive - Java
- Remove Applications from Startup Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- How to Stop Photos App from auto loading when device connected to the Mac - Mac-OS-X
- Custom Toast Android Programming - Android
- CSS: Apply opacity only for div background and not text - CSS
- Resolving DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Google Chrome Error - Google
- How to make div or text in html unselectable using CSS - CSS
- DDMS files not found hprof-conv.exe - Android
- Android Studio : Change FAB icon color : FloatingActionButton - Android-Studio
- [Hibernate] The method buildSessionFactory() from the type Configuration is deprecated - Java