You receive below error message when running any one of the setup - Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2013 with Service Pack 1 / SharePoint Server 2013 with Service Pack 1 / Project Server 2013 with Service Pack 1.
The Server/computer has Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, or 4.6.2 installed.
Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error(s): This product requires Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5.
The error occurs because the SharePoint 2013 Setup and Project Server 2013 setup programs cannot recognize the .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, or 4.6.2 as a supported version of the .NET Framework.
You can fix this problem by extracting the installation files to a writable location or manually installing the .Net versions.
✔️ How to fix Setup error if .NET Framework 4.6 is installed ?
- Extract the installation media to a writable location.
- Extract the .exe files and folders from the executable file to a writable location on your server/computer by running following command.
- If the installation media is an ISO or IMG disc image (.iso or .img), mount the disc image, and then copy the files and folders from the disc image to a writable location.
- Download the compressed .zip file that contains the fix that matches the installation product: SharePoint Foundation 2013 with Service Pack 1 fix
- Open the zip file and copy the appropriate setup support file from the .zip file into the "updates" folder in the writable location. SharePoint Foundation 2013 with Service Pack 1: wsssetup.dll
- Run Setup.exe from the writable location and start SharePoint/Project Server setup. Setup will use the support file that contains the fix that you've copied into the "updates" folder.
sharepoint.exe = executable setup file
C:\SharePointInstaller\Setup = path to extract files
SharePoint Server 2013 with Service Pack 1 fix
Project Server 2013 with Service Pack 1 fix
SharePoint Server 2013 with Service Pack 1: svrsetup.dll
Project Server 2013 with Service Pack 1: svrsetup.dll
⛏️ Workaround if fix does not work
- Do not install .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, or 4.6.2 before the SharePoint Setup.
- Uninstall the .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, or 4.6.2 if already installed.
- Restart the computer.
- Install the web installer for the .NET Framework 4.5.2.
- Run the SharePoint setup.
- Once SharePoint/Project Server is installed successfully, upgrade the .NET Framework from 4.5.2 to the .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, or 4.6.2.
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- Create SharePoint Site Collection with new Content database in existing web application
- Fix Error 2711 SQL RBS client - The installer has encountered an unexpected error. The specified Feature name ('Docs') not found in Feature table
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- Recommended size and resolution for SharePoint Online Site logo
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview - new improved Features and Enhancements
- Restore deleted Office 365 SharePoint group site
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and PowerShell Merge-SPlogfile
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint classic site
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- Fix Power BI error Access to the resource is forbidden when connecting SharePoint Online List as data source
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to upload file programmatically to SharePoint Document Library using Server Object Model C# .Net
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- That did'nt work, Issue type User not in directory - SharePoint external access error
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error
- Fix Power BI 404 not found error when connecting SharePoint Online List as Data Source
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- SharePoint error - An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error - Android
- This Toast was not created with Toast.makeText() : Android RuntimeException - Android
- Android [SDK Manager] The system cannot find the path specified - Android-Studio
- The selected device is incompatible : Android Studio - Android-Studio
- How to find lost AirPods? - HowTos