You receive below error message when running any one of the setup - Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2013 with Service Pack 1 / SharePoint Server 2013 with Service Pack 1 / Project Server 2013 with Service Pack 1.
The Server/computer has Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, or 4.6.2 installed.
Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error(s): This product requires Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5.
The error occurs because the SharePoint 2013 Setup and Project Server 2013 setup programs cannot recognize the .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, or 4.6.2 as a supported version of the .NET Framework.
You can fix this problem by extracting the installation files to a writable location or manually installing the .Net versions.
✔️ How to fix Setup error if .NET Framework 4.6 is installed ?
- Extract the installation media to a writable location.
- Extract the .exe files and folders from the executable file to a writable location on your server/computer by running following command.
- If the installation media is an ISO or IMG disc image (.iso or .img), mount the disc image, and then copy the files and folders from the disc image to a writable location.
- Download the compressed .zip file that contains the fix that matches the installation product: SharePoint Foundation 2013 with Service Pack 1 fix
- Open the zip file and copy the appropriate setup support file from the .zip file into the "updates" folder in the writable location. SharePoint Foundation 2013 with Service Pack 1: wsssetup.dll
- Run Setup.exe from the writable location and start SharePoint/Project Server setup. Setup will use the support file that contains the fix that you've copied into the "updates" folder.
sharepoint.exe = executable setup file
C:\SharePointInstaller\Setup = path to extract files
SharePoint Server 2013 with Service Pack 1 fix
Project Server 2013 with Service Pack 1 fix
SharePoint Server 2013 with Service Pack 1: svrsetup.dll
Project Server 2013 with Service Pack 1: svrsetup.dll
⛏️ Workaround if fix does not work
- Do not install .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, or 4.6.2 before the SharePoint Setup.
- Uninstall the .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, or 4.6.2 if already installed.
- Restart the computer.
- Install the web installer for the .NET Framework 4.5.2.
- Run the SharePoint setup.
- Once SharePoint/Project Server is installed successfully, upgrade the .NET Framework from 4.5.2 to the .NET Framework 4.6, 4.6.1, or 4.6.2.
- Get-ADUser PowerShell - Get AD user details using email address
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database
- SharePoint - Use Today's Date Time in list view filter and calculated column
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- How to configure PDF iFilter for SharePoint
- Deploy SharePoint wsp solution package using PowerShell
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- How to enable missing SharePoint Site Assets, Site Pages library App
- Fix Power BI 404 not found error when connecting SharePoint Online List as Data Source
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell, SMTP server
- How to recover SharePoint FARM if the SQL Server IP changes
- SharePoint - The URL is invalid. It may refer to a nonexistent file or folder, or refer to a valid file or folder that is not in the current Web.
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- Show Hide SharePoint column in List Library form with the conditional formula
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- SharePoint 2010 DataForm Unable to display this Web Part System.StackOverflowException
- Trigger Flow on selected Listitem from SharePoint view - create button with JSON column formatting
- SharePoint Server 2016 error Microsoft Office Online Server 2016 cant be installed on the same machine as a Microsoft SharePoint Server product
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- Sign in as different user missing in SharePoint 2013, how to enable
- Fix error The tool was unable to install the Web Server (IIS) Role during SharePoint 2019 Setup
- How to redirect SharePoint Site Collection to different URL
- SharePoint Server 2016 setup error - A system restart from a previous installation or update is pending. Restart your computer and run setup to continue.
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- SharePoint PowerShell Merge-SPLogFile filter by time using StartTime EndTime
- SharePoint Server 2016 error - Failed to connect to the configuration database - SharePoint
- How to verify if java is installed on the computer and get version detail - Java
- List of Java Keywords - Java
- How to disable button in Bootstrap - Bootstrap
- Fibonacci series from 1 to 500 table - Html
- How to Undo-Revert Sent Email in Google Gmail - Google
- Java TLSv1.3 protocol code example using SSLSocket - Java
- PHP Base64 encoding decoding a variable - PHP
- Copy all .vcf Mobile Contacts files into one .vcf - HowTos
- SharePoint installation - Appfabric installation failed because installer MSI returned with error code:1603 - SharePoint
- How to Detect Phone Shakes Android Programming - Android
- How to know your Mac Screen Resolution? - MacOS
- How to redirect SharePoint Site Collection to different URL - SharePoint
- The selected device is incompatible : Android Studio - Android-Studio
- vi undo redo command [Examples] - Mac-OS-X
- Notepad++ select all above or below lines - NotepadPlusPlus
- Tesla hit by a complete network and mobile app outage - 23 Sept 2020 11am ET (US and Europe) - News
- List of 32 CSS cursors web developers must know about - CSS