Whichever SharePoint version you use (Online, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010), you will get some pre-installed set of lists, libraries, pages depending on the type of template you selected (Team site, Communication site, etc.).
2 of such special libraries are -
⚡️ SITE ASSETS Library - It is not usually for storing regular documents, used to store images, logos, HTML files, js files, CSS files, OneNote notebook, etc.
⚡️ SITE PAGES Library - It is used for storing site pages. Site pages, Wiki pages, Web part pages are stored here. You may still store pages in other libraries, it's recommended to keep them here.
If you can not find these libraries in the Site Contents, use the below steps to fix and enable the missing libraries. Performing a search might return zero results with a message - We didn’t find a match here, but check out the hundreds of results in the SharePoint Store. We didn’t find a match here but search across all your apps.
- Naviate to Site Settings.
- Under Site Collection Administration --> click Site collection features --> activate SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure feature (this is site collection level feature).
- Under Site Actions --> Click Manage site features --> activate SharePoint Server Publishing feature (this is web scope feature).
- Activate Video and Rich Media feature (this is site collection level feature).
- Activate Wiki Page Home Page feature (this is site level feature).
Once the features are activated, the missing document libraries will be added to the SharePoint site and can be accessed. If they still do not appear, try adding the library/App to your site manually.
⚠️ Additional troubleshootingIf you receive the below error while activating the feature, activate the 'SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure' feature at the site collection level and then the 'SharePoint Server Publishing' site level feature as it is a dependant feature
The feature being activated is a Site scoped feature which has a dependency on a Site Collection scoped feature which has not been activated. Please activate the following feature before trying again: SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure GUID
The Site scoped feature being activated has a dependency on hidden Site scoped feature 'FeatureDefinition/15/GUID' (ID: 'GUID'). Hidden features cannot be auto-activated across scopes. There may be one or more visible Site scoped features that auto-activate the dependent hidden feature.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- error CAML Query containing special characters
- [Solved] SharePoint Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion
- Trigger Flow on selected Listitem from SharePoint view - create button with JSON column formatting
- SharePoint Excel error - The workbook cannot be opened because it contains the following features that are not supported by Excel in the browser
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell, SMTP server
- How to show or hide columns in SharePoint Online List Library from
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- How to get SharePoint Online user details from person or group column using REST API
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- How to get the SharePoint Tenant Login URL
- Special character & not working with SharePoint REST API
- How to disable SharePoint subsite creation option for owners
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- Deploy SharePoint wsp solution package using PowerShell
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- SharePoint installation error - Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error This product requires Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5
- How to add animated Gif to SharePoint Online Page
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- How to create SharePoint Document Library
- SharePoint - Use Today's Date Time in list view filter and calculated column
- How to redirect SharePoint Site Collection to different URL
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database
- Fix: Sorry, we cant sync this folder, Youre already syncing a shortcut to a folder from this shared library [OneDrive] - Windows
- Know installed PowerShell Version on Mac - Powershell
- How to track and download Microsoft Teams meeting attendance report of participants/students - Teams
- reCAPTCHA Implementation Tutorial - CSS
- How to create Toast messages in Android? - Android
- Python: Replace the First Occurrence of String in a String - Python
- How to Show Path of Files or App in Mac Spotlight Search - MacOS