Google Colab is the best Notebook for Python developers and students to work online without doing any setup locally and sharing your notebooks with friends and colleges.
If you are new to working with Colab and wondering "how to upload a .csv file that you want to work with?" Well all you need to do is keep make use of the files module from the google.colab package.
Just create a code cell in a Colab and copy and execute the below code.
from google.colab import files uploaded = files.upload()
Once you execute the cell, you will see a Choose Files option, click on it will let you select and upload files that you can use with Colab.
One the file(s) uploaded you will see logs such as,
data.csv(text/csv) - 31 bytes, last modified: n/a - 100% done Saving data.csv to data.csv
You can read the file by simply using the filename without any path in your Python code.
import csv def read_from_csv_file(data_file): with open(data_file, 'r') as file: csv_reader = csv.reader(file) for row in csv_reader: print(row) csv_file = 'data.csv' read_from_csv_file(csv_file)
Do add a comment if you found this useful, or if you have any queries. I am happy to help!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to get nest aware on iPhone
- Fetch as Google Crawl Error or Redirected Status
- How to upload and read csv file in Google Colab
- Google Celebrates Rosa Bonheur 200th birthday with a Google Doodle
- Fix: Cannot contact reCAPTCHA. Check your connection and try again.
- Google Webmaster : An error has occurred. Please try again later
- [Fix] reCAPTCHA not working in Web Browser
- Fetch More then 10 Links Per Page in Google Search Result
- How to do a Reverse Image Search Using Google Tools
- Turning Off Chat in Gmail
- How to Mount Google Drive in Colab Notebook
- How to Hum a Song to Google to find it out! [Android and iPhone]
- Google Colab: How to read file from Google Drive
- How to Undo-Revert Sent Email in Google Gmail
- Google Local Guide Program and Perks of Contributing to Google Maps
- How to install Google Chrome using Mac Terminal
- How to Toggle Light/Dark Mode in Google Colab
- How to Upload a File to Google Colab (txt, csv, json, xml, xlsx)
- How to insert image into Google Sheets cell
- Installing Google Cloud macOS SDK
- 86 Gmail keyboard shortcuts that you may find Advantageous
- Google Search Console: HTTPS is invalid and might prevent it from being indexed
- Resolving DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Google Chrome Error
- Enable Dark Mode in Google Search
- Page actions are temporarily disabled [Google Search Console Page Crawling]
- [Solution] Java JDBC SQLException: No value specified for parameter 1 - Java
- Powershell Comments Examples - Powershell
- How to write hello world different languages syntax - HowTos
- How to Install Python Modules in VS Code - Python
- What does has notifications silenced in Messages App mean in iPhone - iOS
- How to know the version of Teams installed - Teams
- Get the Current Working Directory using Java Code - Java
- Get the Complete Sha256 Container ID for Docker Run Command - Docker