⭐ Microsoft Lists and SharePoint Lists undo and redo commands are now live in the Grid/Datasheet view
Microsoft Lists and SharePoint Online users can use undo/redo commands to retract any unwanted changes or bring back previously entered information when working in grid view.This feature will be available to all Microsoft 365 tenants between November 2020 - December 2020.
The option to undo and redo changes will be added to the Ribbon. The commands will be available with SharePoint List, Microsoft 365 Lists, Lists app in Microsoft Teams.
The only option users had until now with SharePoint Online List "Edit in grid view" was to close the browser/tab instead of clicking "Exit grid view", but that would cancel all changes and you may lose important changes and required to make changes again.
Keyboard shortcuts will also be enabled to perform undo and redo operations while editing from grid view.
- Undo for Windows: Control + Z
- Redo for Windows: Control + Y AND Control + Shift + Z
- Undo for Mac OS: Command + Z
- Redo for Mac OS: Command + Shift + Z
This feature comes as part of Microsoft 365 Roadmap 68810 - As you work across rows and columns within Microsoft Lists, mistakes will happen and it needs to be easy to recover information. Similar to how you can remove sentences and phrases in a Word document, you will be able to do this in Lists by using the undo button. The same is true in reverse if there was something in a field previously that you want to bring back - just click the redo button.
- This is very useful, saves lot of rework.
anon 12 Dec 2020 23:11:32 GMT
- Does this also undo a version? like revert to previous version.
anon 07 Sep 2020 03:03:43 GMT
- Where is this option? I can't find while editing SharePoint custom list using datasheet view?
anon 09 Sep 2020 21:28:11 GMT
- Will this option be accessible with SharePoint onprem versions too?
anon 07 Sep 2020 11:51:10 GMT
- Further comments disabled!
- That did'nt work, Issue type User not in directory - SharePoint external access error
- How to get SharePoint Online user details from person or group column using REST API
- Create SharePoint Site Collection with new Content database in existing web application
- Fix Power BI 404 not found error when connecting SharePoint Online List as Data Source
- How to get the SharePoint Tenant Login URL
- How to wrap column text in SharePoint Online Modern List Grid View using JSON formatting
- SharePoint Server 2016 installation System Hardware requirements
- Cannot load PowerApps form in SharePoint Online due to repeated authentication
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- How to create SharePoint Document Library
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search
- SharePoint 2010 DataForm Unable to display this Web Part System.StackOverflowException
- Fix Error 2711 SQL RBS client - The installer has encountered an unexpected error. The specified Feature name ('Docs') not found in Feature table
- How to upload file programmatically to SharePoint Document Library using Server Object Model C# .Net
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database
- Drag drop files here option missing for SharePoint document library
- How to activate and create SharePoint Spaces feature for mixed reality experience - 2D/3D images and web parts
- [Fix] Office 365 Sharepoint One Drive Error: Something went wrong. This is a temporary issue
- SharePoint 2016 error - Could not find file ManageUserProfileServiceApplicationTenantSimplified.xml
- SharePoint List excel import - This table exceeds the maximum number of supported rows
- How to customize SharePoint Modern list form using JSON formatting
- New-SPLogFile PowerShell - create new SharePoint log file
- SharePoint Online REST API not returning all list items and limit to only 100 rows
- How to Get or Set SharePoint Document ID _dlc_DocId using PowerShell
- Get-ADUser PowerShell - Get AD user details using email address
- [Fixed] Git Clone firstname.lastname@example.org: Permission denied (publickey) Could not read from remote repository Fatal error - Git
- How to check if Key Exists in Python Dictionary? - Python
- Open Large File in Notepad++ (Fix: File is too big to be opened by Notepad++) - NotepadPlusPlus
- SharePoint update append Required Field to display name of mandatory columns - SharePoint
- [Fix] Java - Exception in thread main java.lang.IllegalThreadStateException - Java
- How to install wget on macOS - MacOS
- Fix: hibernate.InstantiationException: No default constructor for entity: User - Java
- [Event Log] Android Studio performance could be improved - Android-Studio