If you have a sentence in Python as String and you want to replace the first occurrence of a particular String in it, you can make use of the replace() function from the String class.
string.replace(s, old, new[, maxreplace])
Return a copy of string s with all occurrences of substring old replaced by new.
Let's take a look at a few examples.
Example 1: Replace String bad with good.
This example has just one occurrence of good, so we do not need to pass the maxreplace argument.
sentence = "This is a bad idea!" new_sentence = sentence.replace("bad", "good") print(new_sentence)
This is a good idea!
Example 2: Replace 1st $ with USD
In this example, we have two occurrences of string $, so to replace the first occurrence we need to pass the maxreplace argument as 1.
string = "This currency is in $, so you need to pay $49.99" new_string = string.replace("$", "USD",1) print(new_string)
This currency is in USD, so you need to pay $49.99
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to convert int to ASCII in Python
- How to make use of SQLite Module in Python?
- Split a String into Sub-string and Parse in Python
- Python: Pandas Rename Columns with List Example
- How to run Python file from Mac Terminal
- How to Exit a Loop in Python Code
- Python: How to Plot a Histogram using Matplotlib and data as list
- MD5 Hashing in Python
- Jupyter: Safari Cant Connect to the Server localhost:8888/tree
- Fix: AttributeError: str object has no attribute decode. Did you mean: encode?[Python]
- How to Read a binary File with Python
- How to add two float numbers in Python
- Python: How to install YAML Package
- Python: How to Save Image from URL
- What is Markdown in Jupyter Notebook with Examples
- How to change the Python Default version
- 33: Python Program to send an email vid GMail
- How to comment code in Python
- How to Fix AttributeError in Python
- Fix: error: Jupyter command `jupyter-nbconvert` not found [VSCode]
- How to comment out a block of code in Python
- List of All 35 Reserved Keywords in Python Programming Language 3.11
- Import Other Python Files Examples
- Python: How to add Progress Bar in Console with Examples
- 3 Ways to convert bytes to String in Python
- Understanding and Handling NullPointerException in Java: Tips and Tricks for Effective Debugging - Java
- How to Clear Gradle Cache on Mac - Gradle
- How to restore closed file in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Python raise error with message example - Python
- What is an Authorization Code Grant? OAuth 2.0 - HowTos
- What are the 8 Primitive Data Types in Java - Java
- Add Line Number before each line in Notepad++ using Column Editor - NotepadPlusPlus
- Find installed Gradle version command - Gradle