Android Error Unexpected cast to Button: layout tag was FrameLayout
This is an Android Lint WrongViewCast Error message, what this error means is that you have cast a layout as a Button.
Suppose there is Button in your layout.xml file say button1 wrapped within a LinearLayout with id layout.
Now in your Java Class you have referred to the button by R.id.layout instead of R.id.button.
Button btn = (Button) findViewById(R.id.layout);
Button btn = (Button) findViewById(R.id.button);
If you think you need such functionality you can simple suppress this Error message to a warning or information.
- Goto : Menu -> Window (Eclipse on Mac) -> Preferences -> Lint Error Checking
- Now look for issue : WrongViewCast and change their severity from Fatal to Warning
- Apply, now this error message will be displayed as warning.
- Android Error Unexpected cast to Button: layout tag was FrameLayout
- ADT quit unexpectedly error on Mac OSX Android Eclipse SDK
- Parsing Data for android-21 failed unsupported major.minor version 51.0
- Android Studio Ctrl Shift o auto import not working
- java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a Theme.AppCompat theme (or descendant) with this activity.
- Android : How to make TextView Scrollable
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- Integrating Android Facebook SDK 3.17.2 Tutorial
- Android R Cannot Be Resolved To A Variable
- Android : Exception raised during rendering: action_bar API 22
- How to take screenshot on Android
- Read Text file from SD Card : Android Programming
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- Your Android SDK is out of date or is missing templates. Please ensure you are using SDK version 22 or later.
- The declared package does not match the expected package Eclipse
- Can't Run SDK Manager find_java.bat issue
- What is Android Toast.LENGTH_SHORT and Toast. LENGTH_LONG durations
- Android Emulator Soft Back button action using Computer keyboard
- Multiline EditText in Android Example
- Use 5G Network on Android Emulator
- Make Android TextView Clickable like Buttons
- How to empty trash in Android Device
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Disable Fading Edges Scroll Effect Android Views
- How To Disable Landscape Mode in Android Application
- Error code 0xCAA82EE2: Something went wrong (request timed out) [Microsoft] - Microsoft
- Struts 2 : There is no Action mapped for namespace [/] and action name [form] associated with context path [/proj] - Java
- Customize Praise badge for Microsoft Teams with own images, values, brand - Microsoft
- INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE Error Android Emulator - Android
- remove div vertical scroll - Html
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac - MacOS
- [fix] fatal: pathspec index.html did not match any files error - Git
- How to extract Java Jar/War/Ear files in Linux - Java