We can make use of the Python subprocess module to spawn new processes and connect to their input/output/error pipes, and obtain their return codes.
Note: subprocess module does not work or is not available on WebAssembly platforms wasm32-emscripten and wasm32-wasi.
Subprocess Popen Class
The subprocess.Popen() constructor is responsible for the creation and management of the sub-processes in this Subprocess module.
Example Subprocess Module:
import subprocess ls_command = ["ls", "-ltrh"] process = subprocess.Popen(ls_command, stdout=subprocess.PIPE, stderr=subprocess.PIPE, text=True) stdout, stderr = process.communicate() print("Process Standard Output:") print(stdout) print("Process Standard Error:", stderr) print("Process Return Code:", process.returncode)
Process Standard Output: total 4.0K drwxr-xr-x 1 root root 4.0K Aug 9 13:37 sample_data Process Standard Error: Process Return Code: 0
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to convert int to ASCII in Python
- How to make use of SQLite Module in Python?
- Split a String into Sub-string and Parse in Python
- Python: Pandas Rename Columns with List Example
- How to run Python file from Mac Terminal
- How to Exit a Loop in Python Code
- Python: How to Plot a Histogram using Matplotlib and data as list
- MD5 Hashing in Python
- Jupyter: Safari Cant Connect to the Server localhost:8888/tree
- Fix: AttributeError: str object has no attribute decode. Did you mean: encode?[Python]
- How to Read a binary File with Python
- How to add two float numbers in Python
- Python: How to install YAML Package
- Python: How to Save Image from URL
- What is Markdown in Jupyter Notebook with Examples
- How to change the Python Default version
- 33: Python Program to send an email vid GMail
- How to comment code in Python
- How to Fix AttributeError in Python
- Fix: error: Jupyter command `jupyter-nbconvert` not found [VSCode]
- How to comment out a block of code in Python
- List of All 35 Reserved Keywords in Python Programming Language 3.11
- Import Other Python Files Examples
- Python: How to add Progress Bar in Console with Examples
- 3 Ways to convert bytes to String in Python
- 21: Program to Delete File or Folder in Python - Python-Programs
- How to create a Java Project as a Git Repository with IntelliJ - Java
- Fix: Jupyter Notebook: The port 8888 is already in use, trying another port. - Python
- Read a file and Split using StringTokenizer in Java - Java
- [Fix] zsh: command not found: python on Mac - Python
- Facebook | Error : Sorry, something went wrong We're working on it and we'll get it fixed as soon as we can - Facebook
- Know Bash shell version command - Bash
- Python: Sort List in Descending Order - Python