If you have multiple Python versions installed on your device and want to make use of a certain version of Python for a project, then you can create a virtual environment for it by executing the virtualenv command in the console/Terminal with the path to the Python version that wants to make use of.
virtualenv --python="/opt/homebrew/bin/python3" "/Users/c2ctech/Desktop/proj1/"
This will create the Python project structure with the specific version of Python.
home = /firstname.lastname@example.org/bin implementation = CPython version_info = 3.11.4.final.0 virtualenv = 20.23.1 include-system-site-packages = false base-prefix = /email@example.com/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.11 base-exec-prefix = /firstname.lastname@example.org/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.11 base-executable = /email@example.com/bin/python3.11
Note: Make sure you have virtualenv module installed using pip or else you will get an error "zsh: command not found: virtualenv"
Now let's make use of another Python version this time.
virtualenv --python="/opt/homebrew/bin/python3.9" "/Users/c2ctech/Desktop/proj2/"
-rwxr-xr-x@ 1 c2ctech staff 244 Jul 6 15:55 pip -rwxr-xr-x@ 1 c2ctech staff 244 Jul 6 15:55 pip-3.9 -rwxr-xr-x@ 1 c2ctech staff 244 Jul 6 15:55 pip3 -rwxr-xr-x@ 1 c2ctech staff 244 Jul 6 15:55 pip3.9 lrwxr-xr-x@ 1 c2ctech staff 42 Jul 6 15:55 python -> /firstname.lastname@example.org/bin/python3.9 lrwxr-xr-x@ 1 c2ctech staff 6 Jul 6 15:55 python3 -> python lrwxr-xr-x@ 1 c2ctech staff 6 Jul 6 15:55 python3.9 -> python -rwxr-xr-x@ 1 c2ctech staff 231 Jul 6 15:55 wheel -rwxr-xr-x@ 1 c2ctech staff 231 Jul 6 15:55 wheel-3.9 -rwxr-xr-x@ 1 c2ctech staff 231 Jul 6 15:55 wheel3 -rwxr-xr-x@ 1 c2ctech staff 231 Jul 6 15:55 wheel3.9
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to convert int to ASCII in Python
- How to make use of SQLite Module in Python?
- Split a String into Sub-string and Parse in Python
- Python: Pandas Rename Columns with List Example
- How to run Python file from Mac Terminal
- How to Exit a Loop in Python Code
- Python: How to Plot a Histogram using Matplotlib and data as list
- MD5 Hashing in Python
- Jupyter: Safari Cant Connect to the Server localhost:8888/tree
- Fix: AttributeError: str object has no attribute decode. Did you mean: encode?[Python]
- How to Read a binary File with Python
- How to add two float numbers in Python
- Python: How to install YAML Package
- Python: How to Save Image from URL
- What is Markdown in Jupyter Notebook with Examples
- How to change the Python Default version
- 33: Python Program to send an email vid GMail
- How to comment code in Python
- How to Fix AttributeError in Python
- Fix: error: Jupyter command `jupyter-nbconvert` not found [VSCode]
- How to comment out a block of code in Python
- List of All 35 Reserved Keywords in Python Programming Language 3.11
- Import Other Python Files Examples
- Python: How to add Progress Bar in Console with Examples
- 3 Ways to convert bytes to String in Python
- Fix zsh: permission denied: script.sh - zsh
- How to Change Java JDK Version in IntelliJ IDE - Java
- Java Check if String is Alphanumeric using Regular Expression (RegEx) - Java
- Quickly install VS Code on macOS Sonoma/Ventura - MacOS
- C#.Net error The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send - SharePoint
- Facebook Graph API Unavailable - Facebook
- Make div element draggable using jQuery - jQuery
- Android AlertDialog with Yes No and Cancel Button - Android