I got this error message in one of my Android layout files (some API library that I downloaded from the web) thought there was no syntax error in that line number that displayed this error. So this was something to do with a carriage return and newline character mismatch.Solution :
Way's to resolve this issue for ADT Eclipse,
1. Cut the content of the file using Command + X (macOS)/ Ctrl + X (Windows).
2. And Just Paste the content back to the file : Command + V (Mac OS X)/ Ctrl + V (Windows).Update :
It seems like when you Format the code using Command + Shift + F (Mac OS X)/ Ctrl + Shift + F (Windows) also does the trick.
- Android appcompat_v7 Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name
- SQLite with Android Easy to Understand Tutorial that covers Select, Insert, Update and Delete
- Center align text in TextView Android Programming
- The Android Virtual Device myEmulator is currently running an emulator and cannot be deleted.
- Android Lint app_name is not translated in af (Afrikaans) am (Amharic) ar (Arabic) bg (Bulgarian)
- Android : Remove ListView Separator/divider programmatically or using xml property
- Copy Text to Android Clipboard Programmatically ClipboardManager
- How to add Newline to text in Android TextView
- How to Change Android Toast Position?
- Android AlertDialog with 3 buttons example
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config - SharePoint
- Rounded Images in Bootstrap framework - Bootstrap
- Java location in Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- SharePoint Designer Workflow error - Coercion Failed: Input cannot be null for this coercion - SharePoint
- How to enable line numbers in IntelliJ Android Studio for all files - Android-Studio
- incorrect line ending: found carriage return (\r) without corresponding newline (\n) - Android
- Failed to sync Gradle project Error:failed to find target android-23 - Android
- How to Add a horizontal line in Android Layout - Android
- No CPU ABI system image available for this target Error Android Virtual Device - Android
- Convert text to random case using Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Java Code to check if Twitter app is installed on Android device - Android
- Android : Accidental Octal Lint Warning - Android
- Android activity main xml stuck loading - Android-Studio
- Android Eclipse This version of the rendering library is more recent than your version of ADT plug-in. Please update ADT plug-in - Android
- Google Search Hot Trends Screensaver for Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X