If you have a new Mac/Macbook with macOS Ventura 13.x or Sonoma 14.x, then you will notice that Python 2.7 or any 2.x version is not pre-installed on it. You will need to get it installed by yourself.
To do so, we can make use of the Homebrew package manager.
If you do not have Brew installed, please get it installed by following the article - https://code2care.org/howto/install-homebrew-brew-on-m1-mac
Step 1: Install
pyenv using Homebrew
The first step you will do is install the Python version management tool.
brew install pyenv
Step 2: Install Python 2.x using pyenv
Once this is complete, we can install the Python 2.7.18 version using pyenv command.
pyenv install 2.7.18
Step 3: Add Python 2.7.x PATH to ZSH Profile
python command work, you will need to add the PATH to the installed Python 2.7.x version to the .zshrc file.
This is not an AI-generated article but is demonstrated by a human on an M1 Mac running macOS Sonoma 14.0.
Please support independent contributors like Code2care by donating a coffee.
Buy me a coffee!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to convert int to ASCII in Python
- How to make use of SQLite Module in Python?
- Split a String into Sub-string and Parse in Python
- Python: Pandas Rename Columns with List Example
- How to run Python file from Mac Terminal
- How to Exit a Loop in Python Code
- Python: How to Plot a Histogram using Matplotlib and data as list
- MD5 Hashing in Python
- Jupyter: Safari Cant Connect to the Server localhost:8888/tree
- Fix: AttributeError: str object has no attribute decode. Did you mean: encode?[Python]
- How to Read a binary File with Python
- How to add two float numbers in Python
- Python: How to install YAML Package
- Python: How to Save Image from URL
- What is Markdown in Jupyter Notebook with Examples
- How to change the Python Default version
- 33: Python Program to send an email vid GMail
- How to comment code in Python
- How to Fix AttributeError in Python
- Fix: error: Jupyter command `jupyter-nbconvert` not found [VSCode]
- How to comment out a block of code in Python
- List of All 35 Reserved Keywords in Python Programming Language 3.11
- Import Other Python Files Examples
- Python: How to add Progress Bar in Console with Examples
- 3 Ways to convert bytes to String in Python
- Python: How to Plot a Histogram using Matplotlib and data as list - Python
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed - Android
- How to connect Airpods to Macbook Air or Pro? - MacOS
- How to wrap column text in SharePoint Online Modern List Grid View using JSON formatting - SharePoint
- PowerShell: The term Connect-AzureAD is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet - Powershell
- Eclipse like Auto Import Shortcut in Intelij IDE Android Studio - Android-Studio
- How to fix java.net.NoRouteToHostException in Android Studio - Android-Studio
- SharePoint Server 2016 error - Failed to connect to the configuration database - SharePoint