If you start a new session of Jupyter Notebook via the Terminal and you see something like "port 8888 is already in use", then a new port would be selected (usually 8889) you should be able to use your Notebooks on the web browser.
[I 06:07:28.137 NotebookApp] The port 8888 is already in use, trying another port. [I 06:07:28.138 NotebookApp] Serving notebooks from local directory: /Users/c2ctechtv/Desktop/myproj2 [I 06:07:28.138 NotebookApp] Jupyter Notebook 6.5.4 is running at: [I 06:07:28.138 NotebookApp] http://localhost:8889/?token=54e40f447444e0df392e94d5c6e2f389b6a756071a6e0300 [I 06:07:28.138 NotebookApp] or http://127.0.0.1:8889/?token=54e40f447444e0df392e94d5c6e2f389b6a756071a6e0300 [I 06:07:28.138 NotebookApp] Use Control-C to stop this server and shut down all kernels (twice to skip confirmation).
If you want to know what's running at port 8888, you can run the below command in the Terminal.
% jupyter notebook list Currently running servers: http://localhost:8889/?token=54e40f44744...6a756071a6e0300 :: /Users/c2ctech/Desktop/myproj2 http://localhost:8888/?token=a777de...1343206cb92337b48d06 :: /Users/c2ctech/Desktop/myproj2)
As you can see, I have a Jupyter Notebook running on Port 8888
If you want to kill the session running on port 8888, do the following,
% lsof -t -i :8888 705 12538
Identify the PID for the port 8888 and run the kill -9 command.
% kill -9 12538
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Python: Convert Date to DateTime
- How to sort a List using Lambda in Python
- Python matplotlib segmentation fault: 11 macOS Big Sur
- What is Terminal Velocity and its Formula? How to calculate it programmatically?
- How to install Python 3.11 on Mac
- How to flatten a nested list in Python
- Python: Pandas Merge DataFrames on Index Example
- How to Run all Cells at Once Jupyter Notebook
- Python - Convert float to String
- How to add borders to tkinter label text
- How to Exit a Loop in Python Code
- [Python] Fix: ValueError: All arrays must be of the same length
- Sorting an array using Bubble Sort in Python Programming
- How to Unzip a file using Python
- Python: Merge DataFrames Pandas Outer Join Example
- Change label (text) color in tkinter
- Convert Float to String in Python
- Fix: fatal error: No such file or directory compilation terminated
- Python: Access index/counter of a for loop iteration
- Import Other Python Files Examples
- How to install Anaconda on Mac (M1/M2 Mac)
- Python Regular Expression to Find All Matches in List
- How to Read a binary File with Python
- How to disable warnings while Python file execution
- Know current Python Version
- Reopen previously closed tab in Google Chrome - Chrome
- Convert Java Byte Array to String with code examples - Java
- 'pwd' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. [Windows] - Bash
- Take Screenshots on Mac OS without Keyboard - Mac-OS-X
- Maven : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Xmx512m - Android
- Update Created By (Author) column of SharePoint document using PowerShell - SharePoint
- Two Buttons next to each other in Android Layout - Android
- Check if a file exists or not using Bash Script - Bash