Get-Help cannot find the Help files for this cmdlet on this computer. It is displaying only partial help.
-- To download and install Help files for the module that includes this cmdlet, use Update-Help.
-- To view the Help topic for this cmdlet online, type: "Get-Help Get-Date -Online" or go to https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=2096615.
When you try to Get-Help of a Module or Cmdlet on PowerShell on macOS, you do not get complete help and you see a remark, "Get-Help cannot find the Help files", in this case you have a few options.
Option 1: Get Online help with -Option
You can add a -Online flag along with the help command, and this will open the help page on the web-browser.
Option 2: Use Update-Help command to download help files locally.
Interestingly the Update-Help command does not downloads the help files unless you pass in -UICulture flag.
So to make it work, say you want to download help in en-US language, run the below command,
Update-Help -UICulture en-US
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Fix PowerShell - .ps1 cannot be loaded because running scripts is disabled on this system
- How to Open PowerShell on Mac?
- Download Google Chrome setup exe file using PowerShell
- Connect Azure AD (Active Directory) for PowerShell
- How to check PowerShell version
- Update Powershell Using Command Line
- How to add sleep in Powershell Script
- How to switch to Powershell on Mac Terminal
- Know installed PowerShell Version on Mac
- How to install powershell on macOS
- PowerShell ps1 script is not digitally signed, you cannot run this script on the current system
- How to upgrade PowerShell on Mac
- How to Identify installed PowerShell version
- PowerShell on Mac: The term get-service is not recognized as a name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or executable program
- Run JumpCloud Commands in Powershell
- [Fix] Powershell - Term winget is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet function or script file
- Flash Player will no longer be supported after December 2020. Turn off [Google Chrome] - Chrome
- [fix] White Screen when open Teams on Windows - Teams
- How to create new user account in Windows bash - Bash
- Add or remove users from sudo group - Ubuntu - Ubuntu
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell, SMTP server - SharePoint
- Fix: Teams is in preview in Safari on Mac - Teams
- Change Line Endings (Encoding Windows/Mac/Unix CR/LF/CRLF) Sublime Text - Sublime-Text
- 100+ SEO Tips to improve your website search ranking - HowTos