At times one may face an error when they try to push a branch to the origin.
git push origin master
error: failed to push some refs to 'https://github.com/---/repository.git
One of the most common problems that cause this error is that your project is not a git project, thus you cannot push it to the origin straight ways.
You need to follow all the steps to make the current project a git-managed project first.
- Initialize the project as a git project.
- Add all files to the staging area.
git add .
- Commit your code to the local repo.
git commit -m 'initial commit.'
- Now you are good to move the project to git origin.
git push -u origin master
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Change the default git branch name from master to main
- [Fixed] Git Clone email@example.com: Permission denied (publickey) Could not read from remote repository Fatal error
- [Solution] fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
- [fix] zsh: command not found: git
- How to Install Git on Windows
- Setup Git + Visual Studio Code Tutorial
- How to undo last Git Commit on Local Repository?
- Install GitHub Command Line Tool on Mac
- How to Create a Git Branch in 6 Different ways
- Fix Git: Warning: could not find UI helper GitHub.UI on Windows
- Git Config Command - A Deep Dive
- Step-by-Step: How to delete a git branch from local as well as remote origin
- How to Add Git Bash Option to Windows Terminal List
- Command to Clone Repository Using Git Bash
- How to remove or unstage a file from git staged area
- Get the file location of git config values
- GitHub: How to Search Code
- How to check your installed version of Git
- Fix: error: src refspec master does not match any failed to push some refs to Git
- Git: Step-by-Step - How to Push Local Brach to GitHub
- How to Merge Branch into Master Branch
- fix fatal: --local can only be used inside a git repository error
- Fix: Git Pull Error: unable to resolve reference refs/remotes/origin/master: reference broken
- Change the default diff or commit editor for git
- Git Fix: fatal: refusing to merge unrelated histories Error
- How to Change name on Microsoft Teams Application - Teams
- Add X days from today in Command Line - HowTos
- Android ListView turns Black or Flickers while Scrolling - Android
- Online HTML Code Formatter (Prettier) Tool - Tools
- 🌗 List of Solar Eclipses in the year 2020-2021 🌑 - Science
- How to change the Python Default version - Python
- How to Enable spellcheck Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to view App Licenses Assigned to You on Windows 365 Account - Windows