Introduction to Zsh
zsh (Z Shell) is a command-line interpreter for UNIX, it is free to use and has some great commands and features that will allow you to get the maximum out of it to do your day-to-day work.
If you are a Ubuntu or Windows user using Bash you can get Zsh installed by following this tutorial.
The first command: print
Move to the zsh shell by typing zsh, you should see the # prompt. Let's type print hello world, you should see the output hello world printed on your Terminal console.
# print hello, world! hello, world!
- Rename a directory using Linux/Unix command
- ls command to list only directories
- How to Restart or Reload Nginx Server Service on Linux
- 3 ways to clear screen on Linux Terminal
- ls command: sort files by name alphabetically A-Z or Z-A [Linux/Unix/macOS/Bash]
- Copy entire directory using Terminal Command [Linux, Mac, Bash]
- Fix: sudo: unable to open Read-only file system
- Create Hidden File or Directory using Shell Command
- Command to know the installed Debian version?
- The Date Command and its usage [Linux - Unix - macOS]
- Fix - bash: man: command not found
- How to tar.gz a directory or folder Command
- How to Display content of a file in Terminal Screen?
- How to change bash terminal prompt string and color
- Sort ls command by last modified date and time
- Execute .bin and .run file Ubuntu Linux
- zsh hello world example
- How to check uptime of Linux/Unix/macOS system/server using console command?
- [Fix] Linux - bash: useradd: command not found
- Command to check Last Login or Reboot History of Users and TTYs
- How to install and Configure sar sysstat tools in Ubuntu Linux
- How to use SCP Command to Copy Directory
- Linux Remove or Delete Files and Directories using Terminal Commands
- How to connect to SSH port other than default 22
- Install OpenSSL on Linux/Ubuntu
- How to Open Finder using Mac Terminal - MacOS
- Android Studio emulator/Device logCat logs not displayed - Android-Studio
- How to embed web page in SharePoint - SharePoint
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac - MacOS
- Convert Java Array to ArrayList Code Example - Java
- How to show End of Line Characters in File using Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- The selected device is incompatible : Android Studio - Android-Studio
- Bash Command to Find String in a File - Bash