⚠️ PROBLEMYou receive error "This table exceeds the maximum number of supported rows" while creating a new SharePoint custom List from Excel. This error will occur in Modern experience and not in Classic SharePoint experience.
⛏️ ANALYSISThere is no problem in the excel spreadsheet table data. Data formatted as table, no blank rows, no blank cells for Title column, but still getting error.
Check how many rows you have in the selected table. Is it over 20000 ?
✔️ SOLUTION / FIXThis is a limit set by Microsoft. You can import maximum 20000 rows from Excel table. You will receive the error if there are more than 20000 rows in your excel.
If you have more than 20000 entries, the best approach is to select less than 20000 rows in the excel table and then add more rows using the Quick Edit option.
More Posts related to SharePoint,
- PowerShell - How to use Try Catch Finally blocks for error exception handling (Windows/SharePoint)
- SharePoint List excel import - This table exceeds the maximum number of supported rows
- Update SharePoint Online List Item using REST API, HTML, Spfx, Postman
- Fix SharePoint Error - The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- Move Copy Migrate SharePoint OneDrive files folders to different site collection location
- Create SharePoint list from Excel spreadsheet and import table
- Send Email using SharePoint PowerShell command, SMTP server
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- The service instance
- How to get the SharePoint Tenant Login URL
- New-SPLogFile PowerShell - create new SharePoint log file
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- SharePoint Server 2016 Preview installation error - This Product Key isn't a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Product Key. Check that you've entered it correctly.
- How to change order of fields on new item form for SharePoint Online list
- Update Created By (Author) column of SharePoint document using PowerShell
- How to delete SharePoint Online List Item using REST API
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- Create SharePoint Site Collection using PowerShell New-SPSite
- How to customize SharePoint Modern list form using JSON formatting
- How to get SharePoint Online user details from person or group column using REST API
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.net
- How to Get or Set SharePoint Document ID _dlc_DocId using PowerShell
- SharePoint PowerShell PnP - How to get list item by Item ID using GetItemById, Get-PnPListItem - SharePoint
- Solution: AWS S3 CLI Command AccessDenied - S3
- Remove Possible Data Loss Message from Microsoft Excel - Microsoft
- How to turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10 - Microsoft
- Deploy SharePoint wsp solution package using PowerShell - SharePoint
- Java monitoring and management console [jconsole] - Java
- Change label (text) color in tkinter - Python
- [Docker] Install Python3 on Alpine Linux - Docker