⚠️ PROBLEMYou receive error "This table exceeds the maximum number of supported rows" while creating a new SharePoint custom List from Excel. This error will occur in Modern experience and not in Classic SharePoint experience.
⛏️ ANALYSISThere is no problem in the excel spreadsheet table data. Data formatted as table, no blank rows, no blank cells for Title column, but still getting error.
Check how many rows you have in the selected table. Is it over 20000 ?
✔️ SOLUTION / FIXThis is a limit set by Microsoft. You can import maximum 20000 rows from Excel table. You will receive the error if there are more than 20000 rows in your excel.
If you have more than 20000 entries, the best approach is to select less than 20000 rows in the excel table and then add more rows using the Quick Edit option.
⭐ USEFUL - Detailed steps to create custom SharePoint list based on excel spreadsheet
- I liked the Grid view (earlier Quick edit) idea for more than 20k rows. How many rows can I copy at a time from excel? Having 70k entries to be inserted.
anon 01 Nov 2020 07:12:33 GMT
- I cannot import more than 5000 excel rows, the table always selects only 5000 rows.
anon 13 Oct 2020 21:43:10 GMT
- I created a one time workflow using Power Automate. That is easier.
anon 27 Aug 2020 13:58:25 GMT
- Further comments disabled!
More Posts related to SharePoint,
- Move Copy Migrate SharePoint OneDrive files folders to different site collection location
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- How to share SharePoint site or document with all users in organization
- Get-ADUser PowerShell - Get AD user details using email address
- error CAML Query containing special characters
- Access URL for SharePoint Tenant Admin Center (Online Office 365)
- Fix SharePoint Error - The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started
- SharePoint - The URL is invalid. It may refer to a nonexistent file or folder, or refer to a valid file or folder that is not in the current Web.
- How to delete SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.Net
- How to Share Microsoft SharePoint Site with Users or Groups
- JSON column formatting to preview SharePoint Online file on mouse hover
- SharePoint List redirect user after submitting form NewForm.aspx
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- How to create SharePoint Document Library
- How to Get or Set SharePoint Document ID _dlc_DocId using PowerShell
- How to disable SharePoint subsite creation option for owners
- PowerShell - How to use Try Catch Finally blocks for error exception handling (Windows/SharePoint)
- SharePoint error - Your organization doesn't allow sharing with users from this domain. Please contact your IT department for help. (OSE403)
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- How to wrap column text in SharePoint Online Modern List Grid View using JSON formatting
- How to extend retiring SharePoint 2010 Workflows and continue with Office 365
- Changed AD user display name showing old name in SharePoint
- How to hide or remove quick launch left navigation from SharePoint Online Modern site page
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- Turn Off Auto-Brightness on iPhone running iOS 16 - iOS
- Error 50057 - User account is disabled. The account has been disabled by an administrator [Microsoft - Teams - Azure] - Microsoft
- Replace new line with comma in Sublime Text Editor - Sublime-Text
- [Solution] macOS could not be installed on your computer OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged - MacOS
- Indent/Prettify HTML File in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to Change Android Toast Position? - Android
- Android: programmatically turn Bluetooth on or off using Java code - Android
- Enable JSON Pretty Print in Java Jackson - Java