ProblemSharePoint 2010 site gives error - An unexpected error has occurred.
- Connecting to any SharePoint site throws error in browser - An unexpected error has occurred.
- Connecting to SharePoint FARM Central Admin throws same error - An unexpected error has occurred.
- FARM is up and running.
- SQL Server and Databases are up and running.
- No new changes, no recent updates or deployments.
- Interesting error found in logs (Event Viewer and SharePoint ULS Logs)
An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
This error is related to FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards) security settings.
ULS logs can be found at - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\LOGS.
Fix / Solution
- Open Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc).
- Click Computer Configuration.
- Click Windows Settings.
- Click Security Settings.
- Click Local Policies
- Click Security Options.
- Scroll to 'System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing and signing' (this should not be enabled).
- Ensure the policy is DISABLED. Take help from your system administrator if you are not authorized to change this.
- Repeat on all Windows servers in your FARM which are affected.
- Perform IIS RESET.
- Verify the setting and ensure the policy is disabled.
This setting may be enabled and applied by your network team for various reasons, or by mistake. But this should be set to disabled state.
It is recommended to test this out in Development or UAT environment first and only then perform the steps on Production SharePoint servers.
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- How to extract deployed WSP solution from SharePoint FARM using PowerShell
- How to change SharePoint Online site collection or subsite URL address
- Move Copy Migrate SharePoint OneDrive files folders to different site collection location
- How to configure PDF iFilter for SharePoint
- Sharepoint errors were found when compiling the workflow
- SharePoint error - Your organization doesn't allow sharing with users from this domain. Please contact your IT department for help. (OSE403)
- How to wrap column text in SharePoint Online Modern List Grid View using JSON formatting
- Setup synonyms or alias or thesaurus in SharePoint
- How to enable missing SharePoint Site Assets, Site Pages library App
- Unsupported major.minor version 52.0 in java - Java
- Default speed of Marquee tag : SCROLLAMOUNT - Html
- How to take Screenshots on Mac OS X without Keyboard - Mac-OS-X
- Create Bootstrap carousel slider with Text - Bootstrap
- W3 HTML validator warning Unable to Determine Parse Mode - Html
- How to update SharePoint List Item programmatically - SharePoint
- How to delete SharePoint List Item programmatically - SharePoint
- 21 Useful Android Emulator Short-cut Keyboard Keys - Android
- 4 Open Source SQLite Editor for Mac OS X , Windows and Linux - Mac-OS-X
- CentOS Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo base7x86_64 yum - HowTos
- PHP Fatal error : Call to a member function bind_param() on a non-object - PHP
- align image at middle of div element - CSS
- Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent - PHP
- AlertDialog with single button example : Android - Android