ProblemSharePoint 2010 site gives error - An unexpected error has occurred.
- Connecting to any SharePoint site throws error in browser - An unexpected error has occurred.
- Connecting to SharePoint FARM Central Admin throws same error - An unexpected error has occurred.
- FARM is up and running.
- SQL Server and Databases are up and running.
- No new changes, no recent updates or deployments.
- Interesting error found in logs (Event Viewer and SharePoint ULS Logs)
An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
This error is related to FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards) security settings.
ULS logs can be found at - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\LOGS.
Fix / Solution
- Open Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc).
- Click Computer Configuration.
- Click Windows Settings.
- Click Security Settings.
- Click Local Policies
- Click Security Options.
- Scroll to 'System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing and signing' (this should not be enabled).
- Ensure the policy is DISABLED. Take help from your system administrator if you are not authorized to change this.
- Repeat on all Windows servers in your FARM which are affected.
- Perform IIS RESET.
- Verify the setting and ensure the policy is disabled.
This setting may be enabled and applied by your network team for various reasons, or by mistake. But this should be set to disabled state.
It is recommended to test this out in Development or UAT environment first and only then perform the steps on Production SharePoint servers.
- error CAML Query containing special characters
- [Solved] SharePoint Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion
- Trigger Flow on selected Listitem from SharePoint view - create button with JSON column formatting
- SharePoint Excel error - The workbook cannot be opened because it contains the following features that are not supported by Excel in the browser
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell, SMTP server
- How to show or hide columns in SharePoint Online List Library from
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- How to get SharePoint Online user details from person or group column using REST API
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- How to get the SharePoint Tenant Login URL
- Special character & not working with SharePoint REST API
- How to disable SharePoint subsite creation option for owners
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- Deploy SharePoint wsp solution package using PowerShell
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- SharePoint installation error - Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error This product requires Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5
- How to add animated Gif to SharePoint Online Page
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- How to create SharePoint Document Library
- SharePoint - Use Today's Date Time in list view filter and calculated column
- How to redirect SharePoint Site Collection to different URL
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database
- Fix: Sorry, we cant sync this folder, Youre already syncing a shortcut to a folder from this shared library [OneDrive] - Windows
- Know installed PowerShell Version on Mac - Powershell
- How to track and download Microsoft Teams meeting attendance report of participants/students - Teams
- reCAPTCHA Implementation Tutorial - CSS
- How to create Toast messages in Android? - Android
- Python: Replace the First Occurrence of String in a String - Python
- How to Show Path of Files or App in Mac Spotlight Search - MacOS