ProblemSharePoint 2010 site gives error - An unexpected error has occurred.
- Connecting to any SharePoint site throws error in browser - An unexpected error has occurred.
- Connecting to SharePoint FARM Central Admin throws same error - An unexpected error has occurred.
- FARM is up and running.
- SQL Server and Databases are up and running.
- No new changes, no recent updates or deployments.
- Interesting error found in logs (Event Viewer and SharePoint ULS Logs)
An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
This error is related to FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards) security settings.
ULS logs can be found at - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\LOGS.
Fix / Solution
- Open Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc).
- Click Computer Configuration.
- Click Windows Settings.
- Click Security Settings.
- Click Local Policies
- Click Security Options.
- Scroll to 'System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing and signing' (this should not be enabled).
- Ensure the policy is DISABLED. Take help from your system administrator if you are not authorized to change this.
- Repeat on all Windows servers in your FARM which are affected.
- Perform IIS RESET.
- Verify the setting and ensure the policy is disabled.
This setting may be enabled and applied by your network team for various reasons, or by mistake. But this should be set to disabled state.
It is recommended to test this out in Development or UAT environment first and only then perform the steps on Production SharePoint servers.
- PowerShell - How to use Try Catch Finally blocks for error exception handling (Windows/SharePoint)
- SharePoint List excel import - This table exceeds the maximum number of supported rows
- Update SharePoint Online List Item using REST API, HTML, Spfx, Postman
- Fix SharePoint Error - The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- Move Copy Migrate SharePoint OneDrive files folders to different site collection location
- Create SharePoint list from Excel spreadsheet and import table
- Send Email using SharePoint PowerShell command, SMTP server
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- The service instance
- How to get the SharePoint Tenant Login URL
- New-SPLogFile PowerShell - create new SharePoint log file
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- SharePoint Server 2016 Preview installation error - This Product Key isn't a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Product Key. Check that you've entered it correctly.
- How to change order of fields on new item form for SharePoint Online list
- Update Created By (Author) column of SharePoint document using PowerShell
- How to delete SharePoint Online List Item using REST API
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- Create SharePoint Site Collection using PowerShell New-SPSite
- How to customize SharePoint Modern list form using JSON formatting
- How to get SharePoint Online user details from person or group column using REST API
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.net
- How to Get or Set SharePoint Document ID _dlc_DocId using PowerShell
- Android Disable back button programatically - Android
- [jQuery] Uncaught ReferenceError: $ is not defined at index.html:5 - jQuery
- 3 Commands to stop Nginx Server - Linux
- How to customize SharePoint Modern list form using JSON formatting - SharePoint
- How to send WhatsApp message from your Android App using Intent - WhatsApp
- How to Use Command Prompt on a Mac? - MacOS
- Android Emulator window was out of view and was recentered - Android-Studio