ProblemSharePoint 2010 site gives error - An unexpected error has occurred.
- Connecting to any SharePoint site throws error in browser - An unexpected error has occurred.
- Connecting to SharePoint FARM Central Admin throws same error - An unexpected error has occurred.
- FARM is up and running.
- SQL Server and Databases are up and running.
- No new changes, no recent updates or deployments.
- Interesting error found in logs (Event Viewer and SharePoint ULS Logs)
An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
This error is related to FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards) security settings.
ULS logs can be found at - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\LOGS.
Fix / Solution
- Open Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc).
- Click Computer Configuration.
- Click Windows Settings.
- Click Security Settings.
- Click Local Policies
- Click Security Options.
- Scroll to 'System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing and signing' (this should not be enabled).
- Ensure the policy is DISABLED. Take help from your system administrator if you are not authorized to change this.
- Repeat on all Windows servers in your FARM which are affected.
- Perform IIS RESET.
- Verify the setting and ensure the policy is disabled.
This setting may be enabled and applied by your network team for various reasons, or by mistake. But this should be set to disabled state.
It is recommended to test this out in Development or UAT environment first and only then perform the steps on Production SharePoint servers.
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- SharePoint 2010 DataForm Unable to display this Web Part System.StackOverflowException
- SharePoint List redirect user after submitting form NewForm.aspx
- How to retrieve all SharePoint Online List Items using Rest API
- SharePoint workflow Canceled - Coercion Failed: Unable to transform the input lookup data into the requested type
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- Sharepoint Server 2016 installation Prerequisites with download links
- Sharepoint errors were found when compiling the workflow
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell, SMTP server
- Sign in as different user missing in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint List excel import - This table exceeds the maximum number of supported rows
- SharePoint Managed Metadata Hidden Taxonomy List - TaxonomyHiddenList
- Changed AD user display name showing old name in SharePoint
- How to migrate SharePoint Designer 2010 workflow to Power Automate FLOW (Microsoft Office 365)
- SharePoint Server 2016 error Microsoft Office Online Server 2016 cant be installed on the same machine as a Microsoft SharePoint Server product
- Fix SharePoint 2019 installation error This product requires Visual C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2017
- Deploy SharePoint wsp solution package using PowerShell
- How to delete SharePoint List Item programmatically
- New-SPLogFile PowerShell - create new SharePoint log file
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and Merge-SPlogfile
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- SharePoint 2010 August 2015 Update KB3055049 - Duplicate Document ID issue bug fixed
- Bypass domain name for IIS site (SharePoint)
- SharePoint error - Your organization doesn't allow sharing with users from this domain. Please contact your IT department for help.
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- SharePoint error - An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
- Cannot load PowerApps form in SharePoint Online due to repeated authentication
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search
- SharePoint Designer Workflow error - Coercion Failed: Input cannot be null for this coercion
- Get-ADUser PowerShell - Get AD user details using email address
- PowerShell iterate and get all SharePoint sites and sub sites
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview - new improved Features and Enhancements
- Recover SharePoint if the SQL Server IP changes
- SharePoint PowerShell Merge-SPLogFile filter by time using StartTime EndTime
- SharePoint formula - Calculated columns cannot contain volatile functions like Today and Me
- [Solved] SharePoint System.IO.FileNotFoundException was unhandled
- Android : Error in http connection java.net.SocketException: Permission denied - Android
- How to create Toast messages in Android - Android
- How to Search Something (string) in Android Studio Project like Eclipse - Android-Studio
- Free Unlimited Calls from MTNL & BSNL Landlines from 1st May 2015 - HowTos
- Adding internet permission to Android Project - Android
- How to turn off Facebook autoplay videos on timeline - Facebook
- Android : How to make TextView Scrollable - Android
- Sharepoint Server 2016 installation Prerequisites with download links - SharePoint
- Android Toast position top - Android
- How to submit website to dmoz directory - HowTos
- SharePoint Server 2016 setup error - A system restart from a previous installation or update is pending. Restart your computer and run setup to continue. - SharePoint
- Java XML-RPC 3.1.x based web service example - Java
- Plug-in com.android.ide.eclipse.adt was unable to lead class Error - Android