ProblemSharePoint 2010 site gives error - An unexpected error has occurred.
- Connecting to any SharePoint site throws error in browser - An unexpected error has occurred.
- Connecting to SharePoint FARM Central Admin throws same error - An unexpected error has occurred.
- FARM is up and running.
- SQL Server and Databases are up and running.
- No new changes, no recent updates or deployments.
- Interesting error found in logs (Event Viewer and SharePoint ULS Logs)
An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
This error is related to FIPS (Federal Information Processing Standards) security settings.
ULS logs can be found at - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\LOGS.
Fix / Solution
- Open Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc).
- Click Computer Configuration.
- Click Windows Settings.
- Click Security Settings.
- Click Local Policies
- Click Security Options.
- Scroll to 'System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing and signing' (this should not be enabled).
- Ensure the policy is DISABLED. Take help from your system administrator if you are not authorized to change this.
- Repeat on all Windows servers in your FARM which are affected.
- Perform IIS RESET.
- Verify the setting and ensure the policy is disabled.
This setting may be enabled and applied by your network team for various reasons, or by mistake. But this should be set to disabled state.
It is recommended to test this out in Development or UAT environment first and only then perform the steps on Production SharePoint servers.
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- Create SharePoint Site Collection with new Content database in existing web application
- Fix Error 2711 SQL RBS client - The installer has encountered an unexpected error. The specified Feature name ('Docs') not found in Feature table
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- Recommended size and resolution for SharePoint Online Site logo
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview - new improved Features and Enhancements
- Restore deleted Office 365 SharePoint group site
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and PowerShell Merge-SPlogfile
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint classic site
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- Fix Power BI error Access to the resource is forbidden when connecting SharePoint Online List as data source
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to upload file programmatically to SharePoint Document Library using Server Object Model C# .Net
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- That did'nt work, Issue type User not in directory - SharePoint external access error
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error
- Fix Power BI 404 not found error when connecting SharePoint Online List as Data Source
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- SharePoint error - An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
- osascript wants to make changes while Android Studio Installation on Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- How to check RAM details on Mac? - MacOS
- Convert Java Array to ArrayList Code Example - Java
- Fix SharePoint PowerShell error - The term Get-SPweb is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet function script file or operable program - SharePoint
- say command macOS terminal examples - MacOS