Microsoft recently announced that they would be retiring the SharePoint 2010 workflows from November 01 2020. That's the end of life.
Though they say "migrate your legacy workflows by then", there is no direct migration available, you will have to redesign workflows using Power Automate (formerly Microsoft FLOW).
An extract stating how this will affect your organization.
"If your organization still uses SharePoint 2010 workflows, they will no longer function after November 1st, 2020. SharePoint 2013 workflows will remain supported, although turned off by default for new tenants starting November 1st, 2020. We recommend customers to move to Power Automate or other supported solutions."
Procedure to request extension from MicrosoftThis year has not been so good due to the Covid-19 situation and most organizations have cost optimizations and budget restrictions to look after. If you feel you are not ready yet, hurry as you don't have much time !
- Install SharePoint Modernization Scanner tool to scan and generate a report of how many active 2010 Workflows are running in your environment
- Analyse the report to get count of legacy workflows and possibility of direct migration
- Open a case with Microsoft support team requesting extension by providing a justification on why extension is required (like you need more time to migrate the workflows), attach the scanner report with the ticket
- Microsoft product team will analyse and may consider extension for your tenant based on number of legacy 2010 workflows
All said, its recommended you start planning redesign of SharePoint 2010 workflows (and 2013 too) using Power Automate which is very powerful and Microsoft's best solution for workflows.
What will be impacted ?
- Post August 01 2020, SharePoint 2010 workflows will be turned off for new Microsoft Office 365 tenants.
- Post November 01 2020, SharePoint 2010 workflow service will be removed for existing tenants. New and existing SharePoint 2010 workflows will not run.
- Out Of the Box Approval workflow.
- Out Of the Box Collect feedback workflow.
- Out Of the Box Collect signatures workflow.
- Classic pages publishing approval workflow.
- Three state workflow.
- Custom SharePoint Designer based 2010 workflow.
- SharePoint Designer 2010 will not work, already depricated.
What will not be impacted ?
- SharePoint 2013 workflows. They will be turned off by default for new tenants, but can be enabled using PowerShell script.
- SharePoint on premise 2016 and 2019 versions will have support till year 2026.
- SharePoint Designer 2013 for on premise and Online versions till 2026.
SharePoint User VoiceIf you are not ready yet and want Microsoft to hear your plea, vote and give feedback here.
MC222628 - New reminder banner in workflow pagesMicrosoft will add a new banner that will be displayed on multiple workflow pages to remind users about the upcoming retirement. The banner will read like below, date will vary for individual Tenant.
Starting November 1, 2020 6:00:00 AM, SharePoint 2010 workflows will be retired and users will no longer have the ability to run or create 2010 Workflows. The date displayed in the banner applies to your specific organization. For general dates and information about retirement, visit https://aka.ms/sp-workflows-support
- General dates and information about retirement
- SharePoint Modernization Scanner tool to scan your tenants for legacy workflow usage
- Guidance for migrating from classic workflows to Power Automate flows
- Power Automate resources as a solution to legacy workflows
- Support article with additional resources
- Setup synonyms or alias or thesaurus in SharePoint
- How to redirect SharePoint Site Collection to different URL
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint
- SharePoint 2010 DataForm Unable to display this Web Part System.StackOverflowException
- SharePoint Server 2016 Preview installation error - This Product Key isn't a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Product Key. Check that you've entered it correctly.
- How to delete SharePoint List Item programmatically
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- Create SharePoint Site Collection using PowerShell New-SPSite
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- SharePoint Server 2016 installation System Hardware requirements
- [Solved] SharePoint Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion
- SharePoint Designer Workflow error - Coercion Failed: Input cannot be null for this coercion
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- SharePoint 2016 error - Could not find file ManageUserProfileServiceApplicationTenantSimplified.xml
- Bypass domain name for IIS site (SharePoint)
- SharePoint PowerShell Merge-SPLogFile filter by time using StartTime EndTime
- Recover SharePoint if the SQL Server IP changes
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- How to enable disable SharePoint Developer Dashboard for tracing troubleshooting
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- Update Created By (Author) column of SharePoint document using PowerShell
- SharePoint Server 2016 error - Failed to connect to the configuration database
- The service instance
- SharePoint Managed Metadata Hidden Taxonomy List - TaxonomyHiddenList
- Android : java.lang.IllegalArgumentException File contains a path separator - Android
- Calculate Volume of Cylinder - C-Program
- How to add hint text in bootstrap input text field and text area - Bootstrap
- Android Studio emulator/Device logCat logs not displayed - Android-Studio
- Copy file from one directory to other in Php - PHP
- Calculate Volume of Ellipsoid - C-Program
- AVD Pixel_2_API_15 is already running. [Android Studio] - Android-Studio
- SharePoint 2010 August 2015 Update KB3055049 - Duplicate Document ID issue bug fixed - SharePoint
- Get Browser Screen Width and Height dynamically using jquery - jQuery
- Multiple line editing in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error - SharePoint
- SharePoint Server 2016 Preview installation error - This Product Key isn't a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Product Key. Check that you've entered it correctly. - SharePoint
- How to kill tomcat server process using Mac Terminal Command - Tomcat
- Detect Data roaming in Android Application - Android