If you have a String in Python and you want to delete a specific character from it, you can do that by using the replace() method.
Let's take a look at an example.
string = "This is so Cool!"
Let's say you want to delete the letter capital C
new_string = string.replace("C","") print(new_string)
string = "This is so ool!"
Note, if the character is not unique, the replace method will replace all the occurrences here with blank and shift all other letters by one to the left.
There is a solution to this. You can add another optional parameter that can help you delete one or more occurrences.
So there is there character "o" in our example, let's look at an example with it.
new_string_remove_first_o = string.replace("o","",1) new_string_remove_second_o = string.replace("o","",2) new_string_remove_third_o = string.replace("o","",3) print(new_string_remove_first_o) print(new_string_remove_second_o) print(new_string_remove_third_o)
This is s Cool! This is s Col! This is s Cl!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to convert int to ASCII in Python
- How to make use of SQLite Module in Python?
- Split a String into Sub-string and Parse in Python
- Python: Pandas Rename Columns with List Example
- How to run Python file from Mac Terminal
- How to Exit a Loop in Python Code
- Python: How to Plot a Histogram using Matplotlib and data as list
- MD5 Hashing in Python
- Jupyter: Safari Cant Connect to the Server localhost:8888/tree
- Fix: AttributeError: str object has no attribute decode. Did you mean: encode?[Python]
- How to Read a binary File with Python
- How to add two float numbers in Python
- Python: How to install YAML Package
- Python: How to Save Image from URL
- What is Markdown in Jupyter Notebook with Examples
- How to change the Python Default version
- 33: Python Program to send an email vid GMail
- How to comment code in Python
- How to Fix AttributeError in Python
- Fix: error: Jupyter command `jupyter-nbconvert` not found [VSCode]
- How to comment out a block of code in Python
- List of All 35 Reserved Keywords in Python Programming Language 3.11
- Import Other Python Files Examples
- Python: How to add Progress Bar in Console with Examples
- 3 Ways to convert bytes to String in Python
- Relative Imports examples in Python 3.x - Python
- Adding internet permission to Android Project - Android
- Java 8: Find the Max value in a List - Java
- How to Toggle Dark Mode in Microsoft 365 Word App on Mac - Microsoft
- How to fully uninstall Conda on Windows - HowTos
- ZSH: exec format error eclipse M1/M2 Mac - zsh
- iOS 17 - How to Enable Screen Distance Feature under Screen Time on iPhone/iPad - iOS
- [Solution] The connection to the remote PC was lost, preparing to reconnect - Windows RDP - Windows