In order to execute .run and .bin file in Ubuntu, they need to be marked as an executable type.
This can be achieved in two ways, through Terminal or using GUI ( Graphical User Interface)
- Move .run/.bin files to your Home Dir.
- Select the file + Right Click -> Properties.
- Go to Permissions tab.
- Tick the Allow executing file as program radio box (next to Execute).
- Now, Click, Apply Permissions to Enclosed Files.
- Close the Property Window.
Executing .Run/.Bin Files
- Double-Click the .run/.bin file.
- If noting happens, right click on the file and select Run in Terminal.
- Open Terminal
- We need to change the file type (cmod) as executable
chmod +x YourfileName.bin
Now execute the file
Note: If you get an error message like Permission Denied. Switch to the root user using sudo and run the file,
Note : .bin and .run files are though easy to install but not so easy to remove, it depends on the developer who made it, so please do check the uninstallation procedure before installing such files.
It is always advisable to download such files from a trusted source.
Some of such .bin or .run files may require root permissions to get them installed, as root access gives full access permissions to the file to your Operating system, which may lead to security issues.
- Android : Error in http connection java.net.SocketException: Permission denied - Android
- How to create Toast messages in Android - Android
- How to Search Something (string) in Android Studio Project like Eclipse - Android-Studio
- Free Unlimited Calls from MTNL & BSNL Landlines from 1st May 2015 - HowTos
- Adding internet permission to Android Project - Android
- How to turn off Facebook autoplay videos on timeline - Facebook
- Android : How to make TextView Scrollable - Android
- Sharepoint Server 2016 installation Prerequisites with download links - SharePoint
- Android Toast position top - Android
- How to submit website to dmoz directory - HowTos
- SharePoint Server 2016 setup error - A system restart from a previous installation or update is pending. Restart your computer and run setup to continue. - SharePoint
- Java XML-RPC 3.1.x based web service example - Java
- Plug-in com.android.ide.eclipse.adt was unable to lead class Error - Android