In order to execute .run and .bin file in Ubuntu, they need to be marked as an executable type.
This can be achieved in two ways, through Terminal or using GUI ( Graphical User Interface)
- Move .run/.bin files to your Home Dir.
- Select the file + Right Click -> Properties.
- Go to Permissions tab.
- Tick the Allow executing file as program radio box (next to Execute).
- Now, Click, Apply Permissions to Enclosed Files.
- Close the Property Window.
Executing .Run/.Bin Files
- Double-Click the .run/.bin file.
- If noting happens, right click on the file and select Run in Terminal.
- Open Terminal
- We need to change the file type (cmod) as executable
chmod +x YourfileName.bin
Now execute the file
Note: If you get an error message like Permission Denied. Switch to the root user using sudo and run the file,
Note : .bin and .run files are though easy to install but not so easy to remove, it depends on the developer who made it, so please do check the uninstallation procedure before installing such files.
It is always advisable to download such files from a trusted source.
Some of such .bin or .run files may require root permissions to get them installed, as root access gives full access permissions to the file to your Operating system, which may lead to security issues.
- How to install npm on Ubuntu
- ls command: sort files by name alphabetically A-Z or Z-A [Linux/Unix/macOS/Bash]
- Copy entire directory using Terminal Command [Linux, Mac, Bash]
- ls command sort by file size [Linix/UNIX/macOS/bash]
- [Ubuntu] Search a package and versions using apt command
- Execute .bin and .run file Ubuntu Linux
- How to change bash terminal prompt string and color
- zsh hello world example
- Install Java Runtime Environment (Oracle or open JRE) on Ubuntu
- How to remove or uninstall Java from Ubuntu using apt-get
- Android : Connection with adb was interrupted 0 attempts have been made to reconnect - Android
- INVALID FILE NAME: MUST CONTAIN ONLY [a-z0-9_.] Android Eclipse Error - Eclipse
- Failed to find provider info for com.facebook.katana.provider.PlatformProvider - Android
- Align html element at the center of page vertically and horizontally - Html
- Android Disable EditText from Auto Focus on Activity load - Android
- How to Convert CSV file to SQL Script using Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to create StackOverflow error in java - Java
- Location of eclipse.ini file on Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- List of jar files for Jax-ws (SOAP) based Java Web Services - Java
- JSON Schema Validator Libraries: JSON Tutorial - Json-Tutorial
- List of Java versions - Java
- Static IP MTNL available at Rs. 200 per month - HowTos
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview - new improved Features and Enhancements - SharePoint
- How to export bookmarks from Google Chrome Browser - Chrome
- Fetch as Google Crawl Error or Redirected Status - Google