In order to execute .run and .bin file in Ubuntu, they need to be marked as an executable type.
This can be achieved in two ways, through Terminal or using GUI ( Graphical User Interface)
- Move .run/.bin files to your Home Dir.
- Select the file + Right Click -> Properties.
- Go to Permissions tab.
- Tick the Allow executing file as program radio box (next to Execute).
- Now, Click, Apply Permissions to Enclosed Files.
- Close the Property Window.
Executing .Run/.Bin Files
- Double-Click the .run/.bin file.
- If noting happens, right click on the file and select Run in Terminal.
- Open Terminal
- We need to change the file type (cmod) as executable
chmod +x YourfileName.bin
Now execute the file
Note: If you get an error message like Permission Denied. Switch to the root user using sudo and run the file,
Note : .bin and .run files are though easy to install but not so easy to remove, it depends on the developer who made it, so please do check the uninstallation procedure before installing such files.
It is always advisable to download such files from a trusted source.
Some of such .bin or .run files may require root permissions to get them installed, as root access gives full access permissions to the file to your Operating system, which may lead to security issues.
- [Fix] Linux - bash: useradd: command not found
- Calculate days between dates using dateutils ddiff command
- pwd Command - Print Working Directory
- Rename a directory using Linux/Unix command
- How to go to the End of File in Nano Editor
- How to tar.gz a directory or folder Command
- How to remove/delete a directory in Linux/macOs
- How to Display content of a file in Terminal Screen?
- ls command sort by file size [Linix/UNIX/macOS/bash]
- How to Copy Entire Directory to another Directory in Linux
- 3 ways to clear screen on Linux Terminal
- Command to check Last Login or Reboot History of Users and TTYs
- How to check uptime of Linux/Unix/macOS system/server using console command?
- How to backup a file in Linux/Unix
- Command to know the installed Debian version?
- Check SSH/OpenSSH version Command
- 3 Commands to stop Nginx Server
- Linux: Create a New User and Password and Login Example
- How to install npm on Ubuntu
- How to List All Users in Linux
- How to Get the List of Shells on Linux
- Fix - ssh-copy-id no identities found error
- Installing and using unzip Command to unzip a zip file using Terminal
- scp: ssh: connect to host xxxx port 22: Connection refused Error
- zsh hello world example
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar - MacOS
- Shortcuts: How to Toggle Word Wrap in Visual Studio Code (VS Code) - Shortcuts
- How to activate and create SharePoint Spaces feature for mixed reality experience - 2D/3D images and web parts - SharePoint
- How to pip install Python Modules in VSCode - Python
- Building library Gradle Project Info: Downloading services.gradle.org - Android-Studio
- How to create StackOverflow error in java - Java
- Get count of SharePoint List or Document Library Items using PowerShell - SharePoint
- Disable Startup Sound on macOS - MacOS