If you are trying to connect to the server using FileZilla FTP Client and you get the below error,
FTP Client Logs : 11:38:11 Status: Connecting to 192.168.0.124:21... 11:38:11 Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message... 11:38:11 Response: 220 Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] 11:38:11 Response: 220-You are user number 16 of 206 allowed. 11:38:11 Response: 220-Local time is now 23:08. Server port: 21. 11:38:11 Response: 220-This is a private system - No anonymous login 11:38:11 Response: 220 You will be disconnected after 3 minutes of inactivity. 11:38:11 Command: AUTH TLS 11:38:11 Response: 234 AUTH TLS OK. 11:38:11 Status: Initializing TLS... 11:38:12 Trace: TLS Handshake successful 11:38:12 Trace: Protocol: TLS1.0, Key exchange: RSA, Cipher: AES-256-CBC, MAC: SHA1 11:38:12 Status: Verifying certificate... 11:38:12 Status: TLS connection established. 11:38:12 Command: USER asf255 11:38:12 Response: 331 User asf255 OK. Password required 11:38:12 Command: PASS ************* 11:38:12 Response: 230 OK. Current restricted directory is / 11:38:12 Command: OPTS UTF8 ON 11:38:12 Response: 200 OK, UTF-8 enabled 11:38:12 Command: PBSZ 0 11:38:13 Response: 200 PBSZ=0 11:38:13 Command: PROT P 11:38:13 Response: 200 PORT command successful. Consider using PASV. 11:38:13 Command: LIST 11:38:13 Error: Connection timed out 11:38:13 Error: Failed to retrieve directory listing
It can be that your Firewall is blocking access, disabling Firewall, and try connecting. If still, you get similar issue then,
- Goto FileZilla Menu : Edit -> Settings ( FileZilla -> Settings on Mac OS X)
- Select : Connection -> FTP -> Active Mode : Ask your operating system for the external IP address
- Select : Connection -> FTP -> Passive Mode : Fall back to active mode
- Click OK!
- Try connecting to the server.
More Posts related to FTP,
- Fix NVIDIA GeForce Experience ERROR CODE 0x0003 - HowTos
- How to add Back Button on Toolbar in Android [Tutorial] - Android
- MO229507 UK Europe users cannot access Microsoft 365 - SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, Admin center, Planner, Yammer - Microsoft
- -bash: startup.sh: command not found - Apache Tomcat 8 - Tomcat
- SharePoint error - Your organization doesn't allow sharing with users from this domain. Please contact your IT department for help. (OSE403) - SharePoint