The most used command to clear the screen on Linux Terminal (Command Line) is obviously clear, but do you know there are some more ways that you can try out!
Ways to clear Linux Terminal Screen
- Using Clear command
You can know more about this command by using the help!
root@myLinux# clear ? Usage: clear [options] Options: -T TERM use this instead of $TERM -V print curses-version -x do not try to clear scrollback
- Using Keyboard shortcut: Control + L
Just press Control + L (Command + L if on macOS), you will see that the screen will get cleared! When you do this you will see not the whole screen is cleared at once, but command-by-command, so you can press Control + L, multiple times to clear as much screen real estate as you want!
- Using Alias
If you want to use your own word as a command to clear screen, you can make use of Aliases, just update bash_aliases to add you custom alias,
# sudo nano ~/.bash_aliases
Add the following to the file and save: alias cls="clear"
# sudo source ~/.bash_aliases
- Install Java Runtime Environment (Oracle or open JRE) on Ubuntu
- How to tar.gz a directory/folder
- How to check file permissions for your file using Linux/Unix/macOS Terminal Command
- Install OpenSSL on Linux/Ubuntu
- How to Install CVS Version Control on Linux/Ubuntu
- ls command sort by file size [Linix/UNIX/macOS/bash]
- Sort ls command by last modified date and time
- What does apt-get update command does?
- scp: ssh: connect to host xxxx port 22: Connection refused Error
- The Date Command and its usage [Linux - Unix - macOS]
- 3 Commands to stop Nginx Server
- How to Cut Copy and Paste in Nano Text Editor
- Calculate days between dates using dateutils ddiff command
- How to remove/delete a directory in Linux/macOs
- How to install npm on Ubuntu
- zsh hello world example
- bash: cls: command not found
- How to install python pip on Ubuntu using apt command
- How to quit or exit SFTP Prompt on Terminal
- SCP Copy all files from directory to Local Folder
- Command to display epoch time Terminal
- How to exit from nano command
- How to Display content of a file in Terminal Screen?
- How to remove or uninstall Java from Ubuntu using apt-get
- How to check uptime of Linux/Unix/macOS system/server using console command?
- How to set an emoji as Zsh terminal prompt in macOS - MacOS
- How to install Packages in Sublime Text Editor - Sublime-Text
- Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CACHE_MISS PHP - PHP
- [fix] RabbitMQ: AuthenticationFailureException ACCESS_REFUSED Login refused authentication mechanism PLAIN - 2022
- How to create Custom RatingBar Android Programming Tutorial - Android
- How to go to the End of File in Nano Editor - Linux
- [Solution] Java JDBC SQLException: No value specified for parameter 1 - Java
- All directional arrows codes for HTML - Html