The most used command to clear the screen on Linux Terminal (Command Line) is obviously clear, but do you know there are some more ways that you can try out!
Ways to clear Linux Terminal Screen
- Using Clear command
You can know more about this command by using the help!
root@myLinux# clear ? Usage: clear [options] Options: -T TERM use this instead of $TERM -V print curses-version -x do not try to clear scrollback
- Using Keyboard shortcut: Control + L
Just press Control + L (Command + L if on macOS), you will see that the screen will get cleared! When you do this you will see not the whole screen is cleared at once, but command-by-command, so you can press Control + L, multiple times to clear as much screen real estate as you want!
- Using Alias
If you want to use your own word as a command to clear screen, you can make use of Aliases, just update bash_aliases to add you custom alias,
# sudo nano ~/.bash_aliases
Add the following to the file and save: alias cls="clear"
# sudo source ~/.bash_aliases
- Terminal display next month Calendar
- How to change bash terminal prompt string and color
- How to exit from nano command
- How to Display content of a file in Terminal Screen?
- Copy entire directory using Terminal Command [Linux, Mac, Bash]
- 3 Commands to stop Nginx Server
- How to check file permissions for your file using Linux/Unix/macOS Terminal Command
- Create Hidden File or Directory using Shell Command
- bash: cls: command not found
- How to install python pip on Ubuntu using apt command
- The Date Command and its usage [Linux - Unix - macOS]
- SCP Copy all files from directory to Local Folder
- Create and write file in single Linux/macOS command
- Install OpenSSL on Linux/Ubuntu
- scp: ssh: connect to host xxxx port 22: Connection refused Error
- Check SSH/OpenSSH version Command
- Execute .bin and .run file Ubuntu Linux
- What does apt-get update command does?
- How to ls command to output one entry per line [macOS/Linux/Bash]
- 3 ways to clear screen on Linux Terminal
- How to backup a file in Linux/Unix
- How to quit or exit SFTP Prompt on Terminal
- How to use SCP Command to Copy Directory
- zsh hello world example
- How to remove/delete a directory in Linux/macOs
- How to Apply Themes to Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Notepad++ delete lines above or below - NotepadPlusPlus
- List of jar files for Jax-ws (SOAP) based Java Web Services - Java
- error: file not found: HelloWorld.java - Java
- [Microsoft Teams 4c7] Modern authentication failed here, but you'll still be able to sign in. Your status code is 4c7 error - Microsoft
- Path of homebrew (brew) installation in macOS Big Sur - MacOS
- How to change Android EditText Cursor Color - Android
- Your Android SDK is missing, out of date or corrupted SDK Problem - Android-Studio