If you are trying to run the gradlew script on the Terminal of Android Studio and you get the error "zsh: permission denied" the reason for this error is you do not have to execute permission to run this script.
How to fix this issue:
Simply run the below command in the terminal before you execute commands using gradlew script.
% chmod +x gradlew
This is not an AI-generated article but is demonstrated by a human on an M1 Mac running macOS Sonoma 14.0 with Android Studio Giraffe and Gradle 8.0.
Please support independent contributors like Code2care by donating a coffee.
Buy me a coffee!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Locate MainActivity Java or Kotlin file in Android Studio
- Android Studio setup was canceled - How to resume
- The selected device is incompatible : Android Studio
- Android Studio : Change FAB icon color : FloatingActionButton
- How to rename package name in Android Studio
- Android Emulator Screenshot saved location
- Android Activity Main xml stuck loading
- [Solution] Android Studio does not displays Toolbar in Layout Design
- [Event Log] Android Studio performance could be improved
- The package must have at least one . separator [Android Studio]
- Android Studio SDK Build-tools 23 rc2 not getting installed
- Android Emulator window was out of view and was recentered
- Emulator: Warning: restoring GLES1 context from snapshot. App may need reloading.
- How to Import External Jars to Android Studio Project
- How to install Android Studio Chipmunk and SDK tools on macOS (2021.2)
- Create assets folder in Android Studio
- Eclipse like Auto Import Shortcut in Intelij IDE Android Studio
- Android Emulator 5.1.1 not loading on Mac OS X Android Studio
- Your Android SDK is missing, out of date or corrupted SDK Problem
- macOS Big Sur java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError CoreFoundation - Android Studio
- [Android Studio] How to locate code for activity_main.xml
- groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException No such property Error
- Installing Android Studio Dolphin on Mac with Apple (M1/M2) Chip
- Step-by-Step: How to install Flutter in Android Studio
- [Solved] Error launching studio
- How to place two div elements next to each other - CSS
- Change Android EditText Cursor Height - Android
- Create S3 bucket and upload files using AWS Toolkit for Visual Studio Code - AWS
- macOS Ventura: In order to use Xcode.app you need to update to the latest version - MacOS
- How to reset eclipse layout - Android
- Center Align Android TextView Text - Android
- How to create StackOverflow error in java - Java
- [Fix] Spring Boot: mysql.cj.jdbc.exceptions.CommunicationsException: Communications link failure - Java