Sublime Editor rocks when it comes to handling Text files on any Operating systems you work on. You can make changes to text files much effectively using this tool. As a programmer there are times when i want to add certain text at the start and end of each line in a text file (like adding single or double quotes at both ends of each line)
- Open the file using Sublime Text.
- Press Ctrl + F Key on Windows / Command + F on Mac OS X.
- Now you would see Find Options at the bottom, Select .* (Regular Expression) Button
- Now Search : ^ (Exponent Symbol) and Click on Find all: You would see the cursor's blinking at the start of each line of the file, anything you type now will added at the start of each line.
- Similarly to add some text at the end of each line, Search : $ (Dollar)
- Thats it!
Note: Do check that the Regular expression option has been selected, if it is not you will not be able to perform this operation.
Example: Here is a file with some text, double quotes are to be added at the start and end of each line, below is a .gif image demonstration of how to achieve this using the above steps.
- How to create Custom RatingBar Android Programming Tutorial - Android
- How to use HashTags # correctly on Social Media Facebook Twitter - HowTos
- connection.url property value in hibernate.cfg.xml for mysql - Java
- Android AlertDialog with 3 buttons example - Android
- SQLite with Android Easy to Understand Tutorial that covers Select, Insert, Update and Delete - Android
- remove div vertical scroll - Html
- Android Display Toast on Button Click - Android
- Check Internet Connection WIFI 4G is active on Android Programmatically - Android
- Device not compatible error Android Google Play Store - Android
- [Mac] To open Eclipse you need to install the legacy java se 6 runtime - Mac-OS-X
- 86 Gmail keyboard shortcuts that you may find Advantageous - Google
- Maven Eclipse (M2e) No archetypes currently available - Java
- Tutorial: CSS Media Query for Responsive Web Design - CSS
- BSNL Broadband upgrades speed to minimum 2MBps for all users 512Kbps 1Mbps - HowTos
- ActivityManager Warning: Activity not started, its current task has been brought to the front - Android