If you have updated your SharePoint environment (true for Office 365 as well) with recent patches (Service Pack or Cumulative Update) and are suddenly facing problems with any functionality that has been working fine for so long. Do not worry and check this, it might help.What happened after the SharePoint update from Microsoft?
Microsoft has made some updates/changes to the default Out Of The Box required site columns (something like Name field - internal name FileLeafRef).
Now required fields show up as a different name in your HTML DOM. The Title attribute for <input> will be changed and "Required Field" is appended to the old display name.
Why will my code break?
Old display name for Name field - Name New display name for Name field - Name Required Field
var spDocName = $("input[title='Name']");
This line of code would have worked fine earlier as there is a field with title="Name" on your page.
But will fail after the patch now since title="Name Required Field".How to troubleshoot such issues?
The best way to troubleshoot this kind of issue is by using the Browser F12 Developer Tools.
Using developer tools, check the HTML code for the required column which is used in your code to verify if the title is changed.
- error CAML Query containing special characters
- [Solved] SharePoint Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion
- Trigger Flow on selected Listitem from SharePoint view - create button with JSON column formatting
- SharePoint Excel error - The workbook cannot be opened because it contains the following features that are not supported by Excel in the browser
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell, SMTP server
- How to show or hide columns in SharePoint Online List Library from
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- How to get SharePoint Online user details from person or group column using REST API
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- How to get the SharePoint Tenant Login URL
- Special character & not working with SharePoint REST API
- How to disable SharePoint subsite creation option for owners
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- Deploy SharePoint wsp solution package using PowerShell
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- SharePoint installation error - Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error This product requires Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5
- How to add animated Gif to SharePoint Online Page
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- How to create SharePoint Document Library
- SharePoint - Use Today's Date Time in list view filter and calculated column
- How to redirect SharePoint Site Collection to different URL
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database
- Android Lint app_name is not translated in af (Afrikaans) am (Amharic) ar (Arabic) bg (Bulgarian) - Android
- Unzip a Zip file from Terminal Command - HowTos
- How to update Android Studio - Android-Studio
- [Fix] TypeError: str object is not callable in Python - Python
- How to find the path of formula Installation by Brew - HowTos
- Get the Size of HTTP Response using cURL Command (Content Length) - cURL
- How to fix Microsoft Windows 10 update error 80070020 - Microsoft
- Open New Terminal Window Using Keyboard Shortcut macOS - MacOS