You receive the following error message while installing SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview.
The error does not disappear even after restarting the server.
Setup Errors Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error(s): A system restart from a previous installation or update is pending. Restart your computer and run setup to continue. For the list of pre-requisites needed to install the product please refer to: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=613440 Correct the issue(s) listed above and re-run setup. You can install all the required prerequisites for this product by selecting the 'Install software prerequisites' option in the splash screen. See Help for more information.
You may have finished installing all pre-requisites and it shows a successful message. After this, you move ahead with the setup and restart the machine when required, but still, receive same error. Some confusion.
If you see all messages carefully, it looks like the error is not related to the SharePoint setup and rather the pre-requisites. Re-run the pre-requisites installer and then restart your machine. Now continue with the installation and it should work fine.
- SharePoint error - An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
- PowerShell iterate and get all SharePoint sites and sub sites
- SharePoint Online: Editing session has ended Message
- How to Share Microsoft SharePoint Site with Users or Groups
- How to delete SharePoint Online List Item using REST API
- SharePoint List excel import - This table exceeds the maximum number of supported rows
- How to disable SharePoint subsite creation option for owners
- SharePoint 2010 August 2015 Update KB3055049 - Duplicate Document ID issue bug fixed
- SharePoint Server 2016 Preview installation error - This Product Key isn't a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Product Key. Check that you've entered it correctly.
- How to upload file programmatically to SharePoint Document Library using Server Object Model C# .Net
- Access URL for SharePoint Tenant Admin Center (Online Office 365)
- Error when deleting SharePoint Online folder or file
- How to extend retiring SharePoint 2010 Workflows and continue with Office 365
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- How to delete SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.Net
- How to retrieve all SharePoint Online List Items using Rest API
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- Create SharePoint Site Collection using PowerShell New-SPSite
- Fix SharePoint PowerShell error - The term Get-SPweb is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet function script file or operable program
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- SharePoint Server 2016 installation System Hardware requirements
- How to create SharePoint Online List Item using REST API
- Changed AD user display name showing old name in SharePoint
- Recommended size and resolution for SharePoint Online Site logo
- Microsoft 365: How to Turn Off Delve in SharePoint Online for All Users
- How to enter Rockstar Activation Code? - HowTos
- Fix: Could not connect to Redis at 127.0.0.1:6379: Connection refused - HowTos
- How to send SMS on Android Emulator - Android
- How to remove Floating Action Button Android Studio Blank Activity Template - Android-Studio
- Unable to edit file in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to clear Microsoft Teams Cache on Mac (macOS) - Teams
- How to create a Symbolic Link in Linux (ln -s) - Linux
- Fix Microsoft Office 365 error code 135011 - Your organization has disabled this device - Microsoft